Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
jims2SSL99
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L-99
Which Full Exhaust should I go with?? KooKs or SLP??

I Have a 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS with the L-99 Motor in it, & I'm undecided in which Full Exhaust I should go with??? The Full KooKs exhaust or the Full SLP Exhaust??? I've been doing a lot of research on this forum & I'm still confused.. I already have a SLP Loudmouth axle-back & a Cold air intake from CAI & I'm wanting to put on Headers & the full Exhaust soon.... But can't decide on which System to go with... It's either Get the SLP 1 3/4 header with the powerflo X-Pipe that connects my Loudmouth axle-back to it, or take off the SLP Loudmouth Axle back & purchase The Full Kooks exhaust with the 1 7/8th header & their full 3 inch x pipe & mufflers??? The one thing that's been holding me back from making the purchase is that I'm not sure which system will have the least amount of 'DRONE" when Cruising at Highway speeds, since this is my daily driver... It seems everyone keeps telling me to go with Kooks But I haven't even heard what the full Kooks system sounds like when driving in the Car.. I don't know anybody that has this set-up & listening to it on youtube is not the same thing... I'm just worried that if I buy the full kooks exhaust for like $2,200-$2,500 that when I put it on, it will drone... cause from what I see Kooks doesn't have J-pipes on their exhaust that cures drone like the solo mach XL does or I heard Corsa is a good NON DRONE cat-back too... Please HELP I'm lost in Camaro MOD-WORLD LOL!
jims2SSL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have the Kooks 1 7/8 long tubes and their 3" full exhaust,no cats. It sounds great, no drone and not obnoxious. Have you turned off the AFM?
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
FirstCamaro19

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Go with the Stainless Works full system. you wont be disappointed. There is minimal drone and it sounds like this car should sound. Give Apex Motorsports a message or give them a call.
Performance: Huron Speed Single Turbo Kit- Turbonetics T76- Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback - Ported Throttle Body - Dyno Tune - DSS One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft - BMR 1.4" Lowering Springs -TSP 235/239 Lumpy Stick- Aeromotive A1000 Return Fuel System

Cosmetics: Heritage Grill - LED Dome/License Plate/and Fog Lights -8000K HID Headlight - BMR 4 Point Strut Tower Brace - Forgestar Wheels

Audio: Scosche Dash Kit - Kenwood DNX6990HD w/Nav - Prefabbed Ported Box with 1 12" Alpine Type R - Alpine PDX M12 Amp
FirstCamaro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
I'm very happy with my Kooks system and don't think the drone is bad at all. It also received my wife's approval for lack of interior noise. I will say that I started with cats and after removing them, it did add a minimal amount of interior noise (still passed my wife's ear test though). I would highly recommend the full Kooks system to anyone.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Stainless Works

Drives: Fast
Check out Stainless Works Great Products. Constructed from complete US Source 304L Stainless Steel. We have 1-7/8" and 2" Headers with or with out Hi-Flow Cats. Which can connect to our 3" Retro Chambered Cat-back System with X-Pipe.

Check out the video

Don't for get about Stainless Works Blacked Out

If you have any questions let me or one of our supporting dealers know and well be glad to help you out.

Thanks Chris
Chris@Stainlessworks.net
800-878-3635
Stainless Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Stainless Works and Kooks are both great combo's. I think you will be very happy with either setup. Feel free to call, PM or email me with questions. Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote