Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Talking Camaro ss a bargain?

price the competitors game show..........
Hi There one and all just confirming for you that you have chosen the best of choices in american muscle cars and sports cars....I am Smuck Woolery And This Is "PRICE THE COMPETITORS" The show where you pick and match the price to the competitors .............

Your choices for this show are.....Fully loaded almost versions of the favorites of american motor heads!!!!!!!!!
#1 The Camaro ss by Chevrolet, coming in with a heritage grill, dual mode exhaust, crystal red tint paint and a sunroof.

#2 The Ford Mustang gt 5.0 Coming in with optional track pack, optional audio, optional scoops and louvers, rear etc etc etc

#3 The Dodge Charger srt 8 with its few options of color and dark chrome and audio

#4 The Chrysler 300 srt8 With its few options of dark chrome, color and audio

#5 The Dodge Challenger srt8 with its few options of color, dark chrome, and audio

DISCLAIMER: ALL THESE CARS WERE RESEARCHED WITH THE INTERNET BY ME SMUCK WOOLERY ADDING ALL THE WANTED OPTIONS FOR SPEED, GOOD ELECTRONICS, APPEARANCE, AND NONE OF THE EXORBADENT STUFF LIKE CRYSLERS COLLISION AVOIDANCE ETC........

NOW MATCH THE PRICES;

#1 $49,850

#2 $45,245

#3 $59,175

#4 $40,599

#5 $51,180

For those of you who did get a dealer incentive or internet special lets say a max of $1,000 dollars .....All cars are fairly close in quarter miles times though the chrysler and dodge cars are heavier of course than the square root of pluto and only one of them not being fugly and of course they are very limited on the options as well they are owned by fiat, and may not match up well in a drag race.

Now for the answers: Have you got your prices in hand? Matched them up?

Well in order of least to most expensive

#2 Chevy Camaro ss with crystal red tint coat, polished aluminum wheels, heritage grill, dual mode exhaust, and sunroof ..My price $40,599

#5 Mustang 5.0 with optional kicker audio, track pack, convienience pack, snack pack, etc to make it look good and wannabe a camaro : $45,245 with neat little non funcional scoops and stuff

#3 Challenger srt8 Yes with what little options available at least it looks like a retro sideways smoosed old challenger at : $ 49,850

#5 Charger srt8 Yes its a hemi and nothing looks retro about it and its a four door yuck.....Yet with its limited options its $51,180

#3 Chrysler 300 Yes with the most options though limited of the dodges this is the Fugly sleeper of the group looking so much like a run of the mill 300 Turd...And its the most expensive to drive proving making turds fly costs big bucks...And the look on their face when you dust one of the owners...Priceless as I dealt with a wanna be tailgater in one the other day..........$59,175..........OMFG

There you go Hope this was entertaining, as I have told people before this is the car to own, a camaro ss is a good deal, Signing off for now........Good day from Smuck Woolery and Vanna Smite...hey who wants to buy a vowel like :wrx...how about a constant loud muffler? Or some big ol wing on the back?............. And I could have added more options to the other cars to inflate thier prices but did not.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Are you sure that you are not on the GM payroll ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
65TIMM

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Let me start off by saying I love my Camaro, but shouldn't it be the Dodge Challenger RT (V8) and not the SRT8?
65TIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Well I could have picked the zl1 and a 1le vs other cars such as the gt500, or the boss 302, or I could have chosen a rt yes but these are frankly the cars i feel they would match up against the ss.....And the 300 would be dusted as they all would be by the zl1 but the point is we have all these options others do not or have to pay extra for...And they end up paying a lot more, we are lucky and have HUD, and other nice qualities built in...I researched well before I bought, many do not its a looks or impulse or brand loyalty blindly guiding them. And to have performance less than our cars, and pay more or to even have paid the same with thier car having less options is why that makes us a winner, and them frankly not so much........As in I chose from the e.t. times from 0-60 1/4 mile..........
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Dang, the OP is from Oregon, can only hope a suburb of PDX, that would make sense.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
superbears14

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 Vert
I always enjoy reading all of your posts.

2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert, 19000 miles, every option available.
superbears14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
87GNX

Drives: Alot
I hear Oregon has some good bud
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65TIMM View Post
Let me start off by saying I love my Camaro, but shouldn't it be the Dodge Challenger RT (V8) and not the SRT8?

Yup...the R/T Challenger, with no options, is the cheapest V8 muscle car you can buy.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote