Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
price for 2013 camaro SS O2 sensors

So when I put a set of long tube headers on the 1LE I realized that tye factory gave me some messed up O2 sensors the threading on them was so for .bad my friend who helped me do the install told me we fluid get them in the long tube headers but no way they were coming out.......

Now I gave a turbonetics Kit ready to go in. I kept my stock manifolds cause they are needed for the turbo Kit .... But I need new O2 sensors.... Any idea of how much ill be in the 4 of them ?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Sensors them selves are about $75ea for the rear two and about $40ea for the front two. (if you stick to acdelco brand)
Old 05-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Sensors them selves are about $75ea for the rear two and about $40ea for the front two. (if you stick to acdelco brand)
Thanks for the headsup...... Yeah I probably will since those come in tye car and I'm using stick manifold
Old 05-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I bought 1 upper, 1 lower when I did my LTs. They are not cheap. None of the aftermarket suppliers even had a part number. I had to go through the stealership. Retail was well over $300. He discounted them to $220 I believe. I wish they were like the old days but the new sensors are not cheap.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
So when I put a set of long tube headers on the 1LE I realized that tye factory gave me some messed up O2 sensors the threading on them was so for .bad my friend who helped me do the install told me we fluid get them in the long tube headers but no way they were coming out.......

Now I gave a turbonetics Kit ready to go in. I kept my stock manifolds cause they are needed for the turbo Kit .... But I need new O2 sensors.... Any idea of how much ill be in the 4 of them ?
So funny cause I just put kooks LT headers on my ZL1 and my passenger side rear o2 sensor was cross threaded...... I took the pipe to the dealer and the did a warranty swap for me... If I was gonna buy the o2 sensor, I was quoted 75.00... But mine was free!
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
So funny cause I just put kooks LT headers on my ZL1 and my passenger side rear o2 sensor was cross threaded...... I took the pipe to the dealer and the did a warranty swap for me... If I was gonna buy the o2 sensor, I was quoted 75.00... But mine was free!

So how does it work u literally just took tye stock manifold and they were able to see that tye threading was damaged and they gave u new ones..?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I bought 1 upper, 1 lower when I did my LTs. They are not cheap. None of the aftermarket suppliers even had a part number. I had to go through the stealership. Retail was well over $300. He discounted them to $220 I believe. I wish they were like the old days but the new sensors are not cheap.

Yeah I'm gonna have to sell tye long tube with o2 sensors..... Yeah stuff aunt cheap to buy Ni more... I just hate it cause here in cali is to much smog regulations
Old 05-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
So how does it work u literally just took tye stock manifold and they were able to see that tye threading was damaged and they gave u new ones..?
Yep...that's basically it in a nutshell.... They managed to get it out... Retapped the manifold for me, so I could save it and handed me the new O2 sensor... I told them what I was doing..( installing headers ) service manager was really cool about it...
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #9
RedStar Raider

Drives: 2013 Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
Yep...that's basically it in a nutshell.... They managed to get it out... Retapped the manifold for me, so I could save it and handed me the new O2 sensor... I told them what I was doing..( installing headers ) service manager was really cool about it...
I have the exact same issue! I'll be calling the dealership in the a.m.
RedStar Raider is offline   Reply With Quote