Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
MR_DELIVERANCE

Drives: 2013 2LS Black
Many cosmetic questions

http://youtu.be/ilCeFqPTOws

This is a video of my car for reference. It is a 2013 2LS
  1. I want to black out everything
  2. I want to get headlights with halos
  3. I want some sort of kit like a razzi kit

for 1 I am using plasti dip and gloss no real questions there that will cover rims, chrome around tailights and camaro emblems However to black out tail lights and reverse lights I am thinking brighter bulbs so they shine through better? Is that a good idea? or is it not needed and where should I get the blackout kit from?

for 2 I am planning on eventually getting a nightowl system and I am going to put leds underneath the car, in the grill, probably on whatever ground effects kit I get, on the side lights and In the car what headlights and fog lights should I get to put on the car?

for 3 I know about the razzi kit om just opening up suggestions for other ground effect kits
Old 07-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
KMAN114

Drives: 2010 Black LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_DELIVERANCE View Post
http://youtu.be/ilCeFqPTOws

This is a video of my car for reference. It is a 2013 2LS
  1. I want to black out everything
  2. I want to get headlights with halos
  3. I want some sort of kit like a razzi kit

for 1 I am using plasti dip and gloss no real questions there that will cover rims, chrome around tailights and camaro emblems However to black out tail lights and reverse lights I am thinking brighter bulbs so they shine through better? Is that a good idea? or is it not needed and where should I get the blackout kit from?

for 2 I am planning on eventually getting a nightowl system and I am going to put leds underneath the car, in the grill, probably on whatever ground effects kit I get, on the side lights and In the car what headlights and fog lights should I get to put on the car?

for 3 I know about the razzi kit om just opening up suggestions for other ground effect kits
Like many others on the site I also blacked my car all out. I would paint or plastidip the wheel trim rings and tail light bezels. I would remove the side camaro lettering. I used big worm tint for my lights and I'm happy with it. Also you should look into some different sidemarkers. I got black ghosted ones from show stoppers and they make a huge difference. As for lights I got like 16 feet of color changing LED's from china for under $20 and used those for my foot well and grille lights.
KMAN114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
13blackLS

Drives: 2013 camaro ls; 2005 rx8
I used bumper paint to black the trim rings...got tint kit from phastek...u can just roll around without trim rings...i did that til i got my wheels...and kit, i think it just depends on personal preference...heres mine all blacked out and debadged cept for front bowtie...i have a 2013 2ls aswell

13blackLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
MR_DELIVERANCE

no pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13blackLS View Post
I used bumper paint to black the trim rings...got tint kit from phastek...u can just roll around without trim rings...i did that til i got my wheels...and kit, i think it just depends on personal preference...heres mine all blacked out and debadged cept for front bowtie...i have a 2013 2ls aswell

The pictures aren't there
Old 07-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
MR_DELIVERANCE

Follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMAN114 View Post
Like many others on the site I also blacked my car all out. I would paint or plastidip the wheel trim rings and tail light bezels. I would remove the side camaro lettering. I used big worm tint for my lights and I'm happy with it. Also you should look into some different sidemarkers. I got black ghosted ones from show stoppers and they make a huge difference. As for lights I got like 16 feet of color changing LED's from china for under $20 and used those for my foot well and grille lights.
Can you link a pic of your sidemarkers I couldn't find them with showstoppers and also do the big worm graphics fit the whole light like no spaces around the edge etc I am taking off the chrome around the tailights to plastidip them so I could put it on then if I can get it a little bigger
Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
skirush

Drives: 2013 1LS
I wouldn't plasti dip the trip rings. Wheels get a lot of abuse from the road and I think you will end up having to touch them up a lot. I used black gloss Krylon spray paint that I got at Walmart. Sprayed about 3 coats, then 3 coats of gloss paint over it to protect it. They look awesome and they actually match the black heritage wheels perfectly. I was amazed.
skirush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
MR_DELIVERANCE

pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirush View Post
I wouldn't plasti dip the trip rings. Wheels get a lot of abuse from the road and I think you will end up having to touch them up a lot. I used black gloss Krylon spray paint that I got at Walmart. Sprayed about 3 coats, then 3 coats of gloss paint over it to protect it. They look awesome and they actually match the black heritage wheels perfectly. I was amazed.
can you link pics? and what did you do around your taillights?
Old 07-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #8
13blackLS

Drives: 2013 camaro ls; 2005 rx8

13blackLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #9
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I have the darkest tint you can get thru big worm on all my lights. When the lights are on or the brakes applied, it shines right thru with no problems. The pic in my Sig has my halos on and the lights are tinted.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #10
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS

All black everything with dark grey metallic T3
Stripes and razzi kit. Black heritage grill. Plasti dipped side emblems and tail light bezels
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #11
MR_DELIVERANCE

Cool Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post

All black everything with dark grey metallic T3
Stripes and razzi kit. Black heritage grill. Plasti dipped side emblems and tail light bezels
I like the look question for ya how hard is it to put the leds on the razzi front? and I like the plastidip mine should get here tomorrow and I got the gloss with mine so I will post pics when I am done
Old 07-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
MR_DELIVERANCE

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
I have the darkest tint you can get thru big worm on all my lights. When the lights are on or the brakes applied, it shines right thru with no problems. The pic in my Sig has my halos on and the lights are tinted.
Alright I live in dallas and I know big worm is in fort worth if I go over there will they do it for me because i am not that comfortable with doing it myself also are those the headlights that came with the car?
Old 07-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #13
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
If you are looking for an LED underglow kit make sure you pay attention to the number of SMD chips used and whether or not they are waterproof.

Here's a picture of one of our kits installed on a Lotus:

The number of chips, type of remote, and waterproofing are three really big things to pay attention to

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirush View Post
Don't believe this crap no offense bro but plasti dip is durable as hell as long as you apply 6 coats like I did.I have had plasti dip on rims and they were totally fine and they been on for over a year now. I know you aren't going to keep your hertiage rims so plasti dip all the way. Cheaper and you can change them anytime you want.
954camaro is offline   Reply With Quote