Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
TSB only covered in 3/36,000 warranty

The spoiler on my car chipped the paint on the trunk lid, and I asked about the TSB. Dealer stated TSB is only done within the 3/36,000 warranty. Is this correct?
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I thought it didn't matter, regardless of the warranty. Like if the airbag was faulty, they would have to fix it regardless of your warranty status. I could be Wrong. Hopefully Wild Bill will be able to chime in
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
RavenZL1

Drives: ZL1
TSB's sometimes have a timeframe unlike a recall issue. You have to look at the actual TSB notice.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
A TSB is something to guide a tech for a common problem. If the faulty item is only covered by the 3/36 then that's it. A TSB if for the tech only. It's not a recall or anything that has any force? to it. It's just a guide for the tech. If the faulty item mentioned in the TSB is covered by 5/100 then its fixed under warranty if you fall under those guidelines.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
A TSB is only a repair procedure for a specific customer concern, if the vehicle is under warranty then the repair is under warranty, either the 3/36 or the 5/100 power train.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Ok, so my car has 50k miles, but I've had this issue for a while. I spent 10 months in Afghanistan and just got back. I wanted to get it fixed, but the dealer said no because I'm out of my warranty. Am I just screwed?
Old 08-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
I thought it didn't matter, regardless of the warranty. Like if the airbag was faulty, they would have to fix it regardless of your warranty status. I could be Wrong. Hopefully Wild Bill will be able to chime in
Here I am!

A Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) is created to assist dealership service personnel in diagnosing and repairing vehicles that are exhibiting a concern that is not easily identifiable. It is important to know that involved vehicles are identified by model and options, and that dealership service personnel will determine if the outlined repair is appropriate only for a specific vehicle concern. If a TSB applies to your vehicle, the repairs would be done at no charge to you if you are still within the applicable warranty.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Ok, so my car has 50k miles, but I've had this issue for a while. I spent 10 months in Afghanistan and just got back. I wanted to get it fixed, but the dealer said no because I'm out of my warranty. Am I just screwed?
Pretty much yes unless you keep visiting dealers or calling to get them to do a good faith thing which they won't do because GM. They have the money from selling the car so they could care less about you now. They have their money. I wish you luck though.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #9
serows1

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
They have the money from selling the car so they could care less about you now. They have their money. I wish you luck though.

That's not fair, when is your car not GM's responsibility? GM offers a warranty for a certain time and mileage, if a problem occurs after that then it's up to the dealers discretion whether or not to cover it.

GM does offer goodwill for customer enthusiasm but it is based on each individual situation, there maybe certain factors that we are unaware of that caused the dealership to deny the claim. He should have brought it in as soon as he noticed it instead of waiting.

Paul
Old 08-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #10
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by serows1 View Post
That's not fair, when is your car not GM's responsibility? GM offers a warranty for a certain time and mileage, if a problem occurs after that then it's up to the dealers discretion whether or not to cover it.

GM does offer goodwill for customer enthusiasm but it is based on each individual situation, there maybe certain factors that we are unaware of that caused the dealership to deny the claim. He should have brought it in as soon as he noticed it instead of waiting.

Paul
I should have, but I wasn't in the position to leave the car with them for a couple days. I also spent a good amount of time in Afghanistan. At this point I'm pissed off at gm. I get that it's not a recall because it didnt happen to every car, but damn its a known problem. I would've changed the stupid spoiler sooner had I been aware. F**k GM! Is my current feeling on this issue.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #11
serows1

Stephen, where in Ohio are you located?

Paul
Old 08-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi StephenS_84,

I am sorry to hear of your frustrations regarding this issue. I would be happy to look into the situation further for you. Could you please send a private message with your name, address, phone number, VIN, vehicle mileage, and name of preferred dealership? With this information we can contact your dealership and discuss further options for you. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
I should have, but I wasn't in the position to leave the car with them for a couple days. I also spent a good amount of time in Afghanistan. At this point I'm pissed off at gm. I get that it's not a recall because it didnt happen to every car, but damn its a known problem. I would've changed the stupid spoiler sooner had I been aware. F**k GM! Is my current feeling on this issue.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #13
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by serows1 View Post
Stephen, where in Ohio are you located?

Paul
Cincinnati
Old 08-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #14
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Not GM's fault.
Quote:
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote