Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
ThrashMetalGuy

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black
Back To The GM Dealership Again!!!

My 2012 camaro ss is back at the dealership for the third time with three different problems and only has 1800 miles on it. 1- Front main seal leak(so far no leaks),scratches on paint job,front passenger side floor soaking wet with water after heavy rain(dealership working on it) said carpet needs to be removed and not sure where the leak is coming from. I'm driving gm's courtesy cars more then I drive my camaro. I'm disgusted!! Could my camaro be put under the lemon law? and wth else is gonna go wrong??? Nothing but problems with so little miles and monthly payments.

Last edited by ThrashMetalGuy; 10-23-2013 at 06:28 PM.
ThrashMetalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
leonm47

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 LT2-RS
You need to put some miles on it. To qualify for Lemon Law must be the problems three or more times and no fix. Hang in there man keep us posted.

2013 IOM LT2/RS, American Racing Daytona Wheels,Factory Ground Effects, LED Tail Lights,FlowMaster's, Stripe Package.
leonm47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Welcome to my world.
I suggest call GM customer support. They have been very helpful with me.
Let them know what going on.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I don't know about New York but most places it has to be out of service a certain number if days along with number if occurrences.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Not to jack the thread but what did they decide on yours Casper
Old 09-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
cableman

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashMetalGuy View Post
My 2012 camaro ss is back at the dealership for the third time with three different problems and only has 1800 miles on it. 1- Front main seal leak(so far no leaks),scratches on paint job(they just hid them with black wax),front passenger side floor soaking wet with water after heavy rain(dealership working on it) said carpet needs to be removed and not sure where the leak is coming from. I'm driving gm's courtesy cars more then I drive my camaro. I'm disgusted!! Could my camaro be put under the lemon law? and wth else is gonna go wrong??? Nothing but problems with so little miles and big monthly payments.
Wondering what dealer, so I can avoid issues. Thanks' good luck.
cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableman View Post
Wondering what dealer, so I can avoid issues. Thanks' good luck.

doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the dealership
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Lemon laws vary by state. Best of luck getting your items fixed or getting out of the car altogether. I'd be pi**ed also.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
RavenZL1

Drives: ZL1
There is a TSB that might apply to the wet carpet. Post 18 in this thread has the actual details.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93291
Old 09-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
cableman

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the dealership
The op stated they tried to hide scratches....sounds like a dealership none of us want to go to.
cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
New Car Lemon Law Fact Sheet

The New York State New Car Lemon Law provides a legal remedy for consumers who are buyers or lessees of new cars and certain "used" cars that turn out to be "lemons." If a car does not conform to the terms of its written warranty and the manufacturer or its authorized agent is unable to repair the car after a reasonable number of attempts, a consumer is entitled to a refund or replacement.

Cars covered by the law include any car that:
  • Was covered by a warranty at original delivery; AND
  • Was purchased, leased or transferred within the earlier of 18,000 miles or two years from the date of original delivery; AND
  • Was either purchased, leased or transferred in New York State or is presently registered in the state; AND
  • Is used primarily for personal purposes.
Duty to Repair:

A reasonable chance for a manufacturer or its authorized agent to repair a problem for a new car is considered to be:
  • Four or more attempts to repair and the problem continues to exist; OR
  • The car is out of service by reason of repair of one or more problems for a cumulative total of 30 days or more.
Exceptions when manufacturers may not be required to provide a refund or replacement:
  • The problem does not substantially impair the value of the car to the consumer; OR
  • The problem is a result of abuse, neglect or unauthorized alteration of the car.
What consumers should do if they become aware of a problem with the car:
  • Immediately report any defect or "condition" either directly to the manufacturer or to its authorized dealer. If the consumer reports the problem to the dealer, the law requires the dealer to forward written notice to the manufacturer within seven days.
  • Keep careful records of all complaints and copies of all work orders, repair bills and correspondence.
  • Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles at 518-474-8943 if there are problems obtaining repair orders.
Individuals with questions about their rights under the New Car Lemon Law are encouraged to contact the Attorney General's consumer help line at (800) 771-7755 or go to New_Car_Lemon_Law_2011.pdf.
New York State New Car Lemon Law Consumer Bill of Rights (PDF) | [En Espaņol]

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashMetalGuy View Post
My 2012 camaro ss is back at the dealership for the third time with three different problems and only has 1800 miles on it. 1- Front main seal leak(so far no leaks),scratches on paint job(they just hid them with black wax),front passenger side floor soaking wet with water after heavy rain(dealership working on it) said carpet needs to be removed and not sure where the leak is coming from. I'm driving gm's courtesy cars more then I drive my camaro. I'm disgusted!! Could my camaro be put under the lemon law? and wth else is gonna go wrong??? Nothing but problems with so little miles and big monthly payments.
ThrashMetalGuy,

Wow, this definitely sounds rather displeasing. If you do not have an open GM case with customer service, please send me a private message and I'll get one started for you.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #13
danl

Drives: 2013 JSB Camaro 2ss
This ^
Now that's true Customer Service!
danl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #14
ThrashMetalGuy

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
New Car Lemon Law Fact Sheet

The New York State New Car Lemon Law provides a legal remedy for consumers who are buyers or lessees of new cars and certain "used" cars that turn out to be "lemons." If a car does not conform to the terms of its written warranty and the manufacturer or its authorized agent is unable to repair the car after a reasonable number of attempts, a consumer is entitled to a refund or replacement.

Cars covered by the law include any car that:
  • Was covered by a warranty at original delivery; AND
  • Was purchased, leased or transferred within the earlier of 18,000 miles or two years from the date of original delivery; AND
  • Was either purchased, leased or transferred in New York State or is presently registered in the state; AND
  • Is used primarily for personal purposes.
Duty to Repair:

A reasonable chance for a manufacturer or its authorized agent to repair a problem for a new car is considered to be:
  • Four or more attempts to repair and the problem continues to exist; OR
  • The car is out of service by reason of repair of one or more problems for a cumulative total of 30 days or more.
Exceptions when manufacturers may not be required to provide a refund or replacement:
  • The problem does not substantially impair the value of the car to the consumer; OR
  • The problem is a result of abuse, neglect or unauthorized alteration of the car.
What consumers should do if they become aware of a problem with the car:
  • Immediately report any defect or "condition" either directly to the manufacturer or to its authorized dealer. If the consumer reports the problem to the dealer, the law requires the dealer to forward written notice to the manufacturer within seven days.
  • Keep careful records of all complaints and copies of all work orders, repair bills and correspondence.
  • Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles at 518-474-8943 if there are problems obtaining repair orders.
Individuals with questions about their rights under the New Car Lemon Law are encouraged to contact the Attorney General's consumer help line at (800) 771-7755 or go to New_Car_Lemon_Law_2011.pdf.
New York State New Car Lemon Law Consumer Bill of Rights (PDF) | [En Espaņol]
Thanks for this post!!
ThrashMetalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote