Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Question Got a confusing message today

I sent an Email to GM Cust Svc about the tires. Essentially wondering why my dealer didn't say anything to me about the service bulletin for the G2's when I bought the car. This would not have stopped me from purchasing Lil' Red... But, at the time, I had some extra scratch and would have bought some extra Michelin tires just to carry me through the winter.

The response I got from Cust Svc was did I ask my dealer if I am affected.

The tire threads on this site seem to imply that all G2's are affected by this low temp bulletin. Is that not the case?

So, if my dealer didn't say anything about it when I got the car... And I drove it in temps below 30 degrees and had a side wall blow out... Would Chevy have warrantee'd another tire for me?

Or would they have told me about the Goodyear bulletin then and charged me for a new tire?

I find the second scenario far more believable than the first. But I have been wrong before.

What do you all think?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
NovaDaddy
Nova Daddy

Drives: 2012 Cummins/1972 Nova 2 door coupe
I've seen the bulletin as well. I live up in Alberta and have been driving in 28 degree weather. Roads are dry and i just can't resist driving!! Very little traction though!
NovaDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #3
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaDaddy View Post
I've seen the bulletin as well. I live up in Alberta and have been driving in 28 degree weather. Roads are dry and i just can't resist driving!! Very little traction though!

Good to see that the cold isn't always causing a cracking issue, I am still waiting on my winter car to arrive and have been worried about driving on the tires at even 40 degrees.
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I sent an Email to GM Cust Svc about the tires. Essentially wondering why my dealer didn't say anything to me about the service bulletin for the G2's when I bought the car. This would not have stopped me from purchasing Lil' Red... But, at the time, I had some extra scratch and would have bought some extra Michelin tires just to carry me through the winter.

The response I got from Cust Svc was did I ask my dealer if I am affected.

The tire threads on this site seem to imply that all G2's are affected by this low temp bulletin. Is that not the case?

So, if my dealer didn't say anything about it when I got the car... And I drove it in temps below 30 degrees and had a side wall blow out... Would Chevy have warrantee'd another tire for me?

Or would they have told me about the Goodyear bulletin then and charged me for a new tire?

I find the second scenario far more believable than the first. But I have been wrong before.

What do you all think?
SteveV,

I know we communicated earlier, but if I might add (for anyone wondering)... a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) is to assist dealership service personnel in diagnosing and repairing vehicles that are exhibiting a concern that is not easily identifiable. Involved vehicles are identified by model and options, and dealership service personnel will determine if the outlined repair is appropriate only for a specific vehicle concern. If a TSB applies to your vehicle, the repairs would be done at no charge to you if you are still within the applicable warranty.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
My dealership said nothing about the tires when I bought mine. I did get a 5 year insurance plan for the tires and wheels - hopefully that would cover me if GM didn't.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
The dealer isnt going to verbally tell you everything about the car. Just know chevy spends millions a year to cover there ass. It's written somewhere, just because it wasn't specifically pointed out to you doesn't mean you didn't acknowledge it.. You probably even signed something releasing them of all liability. I'm sure it didn't say "don't drive with these tires blah blah blah". More likely it stated "chevy recommends following service guideline per recommended blah blah blah". A frank statement covers there ass.

But they still should have told you.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote