Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #1
Mrdownsouth

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
What are the best replacement headlights for LS

I recently got a 2012 camaro LS and am wanting to add the colorshift halos to it, unfortunately I have the standard LS headlights. I was wondering what the best halo headlight replacements for around 400 dollars that would be compatible with the color shift 2.0 halos. Thank you in advance.

Halos: http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...olorshift.aspx
Mrdownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
I think the GM headlights are the best looking but that's a lot of money considering you want to do the color shift halos. I've heard that the oracle halos from AAC won't fit with some of the other aftermarket headlights, so be careful with that. Outside of OEM I think Anzo's look pretty good. You can always put halos in non-projector headlights which looks kinda cool in it's own way. And, going this route you can order headlights from AAC and have them install the halos for you. Seems like the easiest route, though like you I do want projectors.

Last edited by 6bangerBOOM; 02-21-2014 at 07:48 AM.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
We have OEM quality replacement headlight assemblies available and we offer several Angel eye options.

Feel free to PM me or call us if you need more information: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
if you are doing color shift, search the threads & just add a projector &the halo to your factory lights yourself? like this

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ofit+projector
Old 02-22-2014, 04:47 AM   #5
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
you can read through my build thread if you want...but i will not recommend going with AAC halos anymore. i've now had two different halo problems with them in under a year (and my car is only a weekend driver, so not a lot of time on these lights). the first time, yes, they did honor their warranty, but took over two months to send me a replacement. and now i've got the second halo having problems, but i just don't want to deal with opening my headlights again for a halo with 3 red LEDs that won't light, to send off to a company that might take forever to send me another again.
also, i'm sad to say, i've had some experiences with opening aftermarket headlights. if you're doing anything like my idea, you'll want to pull off the reflector after you open the light. it seems that the aftermarket lights make the adjuster screw of something weaker than OEM, because the two aftermarket ones broke on me very easily, while the three OEM lights i've opened did not.

in other words, find OEM lights to open and use a halo kit other than AAC, or install aftermarket lights with halos in them already, is my recommendation from painful and expensive experience.

edit: forgot to say - if you are planning on an HID retrofit, it's a great idea, and i can't say enough GOOD things about the guys over at theretrofitsource.com

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:51 AM   #6
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
also, you can find OEM halogen lights for under $200, but it's becoming harder. the RS lights are still well above the $400 mentioned

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:49 AM   #7
Smokey jr.

Drives: 2011 inferno orange camaro
I kept my halogens and did a little improvising with the halos and reflector...remember HID and Leds do not get along...the halos cannot take the heat that hids give off...Don from extremeledsonline helped out he will give you great advice...check my photo album

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/albumt...?dl=1389797239
Smokey jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:58 PM   #8
Edrhill3

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Can anyone give me advice on fixing this problem?
What replacement headlights can I use for my 2011 ss with factory hids. They're a bit expensive for me right now.
Edrhill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:38 AM   #9
miolady

Drives: '10 red jewel, L99, Borla axleback,
Headlight choices

I've also been shopping halo/projectors for a few months and have found that oem RS are $300.00 and up, used, on ebay and Craig's. But they'd usually a story that goes with them or a broken/repaired tab quite often. Refurbished are available various places for around $400.00 and have various warranties. To go with the real deal from GM they're about $900.00 each. Also, with the 2010 the entire front bumper cover must be removed. Be very careful with your selections and good luck.
miolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:22 PM   #10
strtsol1109

Drives: ZTS pearl in autoflex
+1 for the retrofit source! I've had them on my last 5 cars and on my camaro and love them!!
Full MBRP 3in exhaust, Vitesse TC, BBK LT, black iceolator, VMAX TB, vararam, LG coils, zl1 reps, zl1 front bumper, zl1 grille, zl1 rockers, CF Copo hood, CF trunk, gm blade wing, HAVOC diffuser, APR splitter, dipped SS calipers
strtsol1109 is offline   Reply With Quote