Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Subwoofer to Boston Acoustics Amps

Hey guys I was looking to put a subwoofer onto the Boston Acoustics amp I have a 2013 1LT and I don't want to upgrade my amp just yet, I want to spend about 150 with sub and box for now. I don't want to rattle my teeth out with bass either, I also need the space because I am a catcher for baseball. I am looking at a 10 inch sub possibly 12 inch, any suggestions? Also will it still hit fairly hard with the BA amp? Thanks guys!
Old 06-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #2
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
The boston factory amp isn't adequate enough for the speakers already in there, much less to add a subwoofer to it.

You can check out ********.com and take a look at their "add an amp" wiring kit and their subwoofer box.

It will allow you to add amp and sub without upgrading the factory boston amp for now.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #3
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Is it this? I didn't see it for the camaro on the sub thump website http://www.ebay.com/itm/390693648073
Old 06-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #4
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

I also saw this on ebay, would this work? I think it will be more bass than the Boston acoustics speakers do or will it be equal to it? Anyways thanks! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kicker-10TC1...item5affc101c4
Old 06-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #5
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
you will need this http://********.com/product_info.php...roducts_id=338
and this http://********.com/product_info.php...&products_id=7
+ a amp kit and a sub
i wouldnt bother with the ebay crap
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #6
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
you will need this http://********.com/product_info.php...roducts_id=338
and this http://********.com/product_info.php...&products_id=7
+ a amp kit and a sub
i wouldnt bother with the ebay crap
Could you compare the boss amp to the boston acoustics amp? I mean I'm not going to be running it super high for a ton of hours, I pretty much just want the 10 inch in the box and hope the amp can hold me over until I get the cash to get a 150 dollar kenwood amp. Plus it says it has all of the wiring in that ebay kit, it has crossover too, plus remote bass control. All I would have to do is take out the boston acoustics amp and switch it with the boss then run the sub to the amp right? I'm fine with wiring I don't think I need the fark kit.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
You can pay to do it right the first time or the second time. Your choice with the eBay kit
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #8
JCunningham

boss amp is walmart quality or bottom of the barrel. might not last long may start on fire who knows. it will work but not worth my money.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 06-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #9
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Alright looks like I'm going to go and get a kicker 12 inch sun with a kicker amp. Well see how it go's from there. Might as well do it right the first time. Thanks guys! Any recommendations? I will be replacing the BA amp and putting it in the same location hopefully. Maybe I'll put it into the boot area since I don't have a spare tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #10
JCunningham

I have 2 amps in the spare tire well no problems.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #11
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Alright looks like I'm going to go and get a kicker 12 inch sun with a kicker amp. Well see how it go's from there. Might as well do it right the first time. Thanks guys! Any recommendations? I will be replacing the BA amp and putting it in the same location hopefully. Maybe I'll put it into the boot area since I don't have a spare tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just so you know, there are very few amps that'll fit in the stock location. The only that come to mind right now are jl xd, jl hd and alpine pdx amps.

Also, I'm confused. How are u replacing the stock amp? Did you buy a 5 channel kicker?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #12
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Just so you know, there are very few amps that'll fit in the stock location. The only that come to mind right now are jl xd, jl hd and alpine pdx amps.

Also, I'm confused. How are u replacing the stock amp? Did you buy a 5 channel kicker?
I thought I could buy an amp and just replace it, or could I just buy an amp just for the subwoofer, I want one with a crossover so it takes the bass out of the speakers and just puts it into the sub itself. What will I need? I don't want to buy the FARK kit either will it be hard to wire? how do I go about wiring?
Old 06-11-2014, 09:47 PM   #13
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
I thought I could buy an amp and just replace it, or could I just buy an amp just for the subwoofer, I want one with a crossover so it takes the bass out of the speakers and just puts it into the sub itself. What will I need? I don't want to buy the FARK kit either will it be hard to wire? how do I go about wiring?
No, the only way you can just replace the amp and add a sub at the same time is if you buy a 5 channel amp. Yes you can add just an amp for the sub and go about it that way. Honestly the easiest way to wire the sub and amp in is to buy a FARK kit. If not, you'll have to splice into factory wiring.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #14
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
No, the only way you can just replace the amp and add a sub at the same time is if you buy a 5 channel amp. Yes you can add just an amp for the sub and go about it that way. Honestly the easiest way to wire the sub and amp in is to buy a FARK kit. If not, you'll have to splice into factory wiring.
Now what if I am just using the amp to power the subwoofer and I want to keep the stock one for the other speakers?