Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
ReFLeX135

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Google Maps Navigation Through Speakers During FM,XM

New to the car this June, but I swear that 2 weeks ago when I played music via XM, USB, or FM while I was using Google maps navigation, and my phone was connected via Bluetooth, that it would say the directions through the speakers. This week this does not occur. Does anyone know why or how to re-enable this feature, phone or mylink? I did update my Galaxy S3's software from 4.1.2 to 4.3 recently but I can't recall if it was after or before this.

This thread makes me think I'm not crazy: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=google+maps

Thanks!
ReFLeX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
trodecke

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS CRT
I don't have Mylink (standard radio in the 2LS) but on the other cars I've had that support Bluetooth the only time something from the phone will interrupt FM/XM/etc, is when a phone call comes in or I make a phone call. Otherwise, to get audio from Google Maps (or streaming music from Pandora for that matter), the radio has to be set to Aux/BT/etc which means I get quite a bit of nothing between prompts from Google Maps.

trodecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
k818mn1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS, Garnet Red
On my 2013 Camaro with Mylink, phone call audio thru bluetooth is handled by the Onstar module. Onstar can interrupt whatever source is playing on the radio so that you can hear the phone call thru the radio speakers.
Media audio (including Google Maps navigation audio) output by the phone via bluetooth is handled by the radio. You can only hear it if the bluetooth source is selected on the radio. This means that Google maps audio will not interrupt any other source selected on the radio such as XM or FM.
Now, if you have your phone connected by USB, and the USB source is selected on the radio, then phone media audio will play via USB thru the radio speakers and Google Maps nav audio will also be heard thru the radio speakers. This must have been the situation when you heard the navigation directions thru the speakers previously.
k818mn1 is offline   Reply With Quote