Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
between ******** Fark or splicing

So im so over the lack of base in my car so im just gonna install my amp and box. I have a local shop over here that will install it without the FARK for $100 and thats with a regular installation of cutting splicing etc.
Or i can order the FARK harness which is $143 to save them some time but are still gonna charge me for installation and some wiring which will run me maybe a little over $200?
Dont know what to do, just sucks having to pay that much for the harness then still pay for installation -__-
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
If you are just installing a sub then you don't need the full fark. Just the x3rca. With the harness, you could diy and save a ton. That's what most of our customers do to avoid outrageous install fees.

Last edited by Steve@Subthump; 08-21-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Well the harness is really built so that you can do it yourself really easily. If you don't trust yourself doing this and have real faith in your shop that they won't give you a hack job, then by all means just go have them do the install for you.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #4
YellowL99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
If you are just installing a sub then you don't need the full fark. Just the x3rca. With the harness, you could diy and save a ton. That's what most of our customers to avoid outrageous install fees.
so if i just have an amp and a box i wont need the full FARK?
Old 08-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #5
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabreu09 View Post
so if i just have an amp and a box i wont need the full FARK?
No. All you need is the t-harness, item 5g-x3rca.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
YellowL99

Quote:
No. All you need is the t-harness, item 5g-x3rca.
oh wow really? i had a few members tell me to get the full -____-

Sorry to be annoying but whats the Full FARK used for then? to add speakers along with the amp/box?
Old 08-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #7
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

I think there a misconception of what the term Fark really means. I see it used so loosely and incorrectly and frankly it confuses some people.

The term Fark is an acronym I made for Factory Amp Replacement Kit. Meaning this is a kit of several harnesses (not just a single haress) that interface the input AND output of the boston amp so that it can be replaced with an aftermarket amp. If you are just adding a sub and keeping your ba amp intact, then buying all the other components in that "fark" kit would be quite wasteful as you would not need them until you actually swap out your ba amp.

The 5G-X3RCA T-harness is the sub harness. It is basically a t-harness with rca jacks and a turn-on wire that you can use to simply add an amp to drive a sub. Yes this harness is part of our fark kit but can be purchased separately as a stand-alone product.

Last edited by Steve@Subthump; 08-21-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #8
YellowL99

Quote:
I think there a misconception of what the term Fark really means. I see it used so loosely and incorrectly and frankly it confuses some people.

The term Fark is an acronym I made for Factory Amp Replacement Kit. Meaning this is a kit of several harnesses (not just a single haress) that interface the input AND output of the boston amp so that it can be replaced with an aftermarket amp. If you are just adding a sub and keeping your ba amp intact, then buying all the other components in that "fark" kit would be quite wasteful as you would not need them until you actually swap out your ba amp.

The 5G-X3RCA T-harness is the sub harness. It is basically a t-harness with rca jacks and a turn-on wire. Yes this harness is part of our fark kit but can be purchased separately as a stand-alone product.
well i am adding an aftermarket amp, alpine amp.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:05 PM   #9
rwhxk3
S1N1STR

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
I wouldn't splice the wires. Plug and play is cleaner. Plus splicing wires isn't good for a vehicle. That is if you ever want to sell it and de-mod it.
rwhxk3 is offline   Reply With Quote