Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #1
SSNvMiner

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS L99
What do you do when you're followed home?

I thought I would ask this because I'm pretty sure it has happened to others. I am new to the muscle car scene. . . and really not interested in personally racing light to light, track laps or 0-60 times. We just wanted to enjoy a comfortable, good looking - go-fast car - before our time is up.

To start. . . I am by no means paranoid or afraid... I have been around the block my share of times and am 6'3/230. But, being qualified for S.C.(old guy) discounts this year. and am a lot smarter than I use to be. . . I prefer no confrontation until I am in a corner, my personal space is compromised, or feel that I need to get involved to do what is right to help others (a far cry from back-in-the-day.... mind you)

Anyway I noticed the little car with a high-wing spoiler following me kinda close through a neighborhood and didn't really think too much of it until I pulled into my drive way three houses down from the corner where I turned and noticed that they were still there with no traffic coming from either direction. They then turned to drive by the house. (tinted windows - couldn't see s--t) but non-the-less. . I let them know that I was looking.

What do you do when being followed?

2015 2SS/RS L99 Catch-can, SW cat-back, CAI, ]Range

Last edited by SSNvMiner; 12-05-2014 at 08:06 PM. Reason: type-o
SSNvMiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
If you think you are being followed, pull into another but familiar neighborhood to confirm if you are being followed... If you are, then drive to the nearest Police station and wait until the car that is following you leave before going home. Report the incident to,the police if you have a creditable fear.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Definitely suspicious.. It may be nothing, but I recommend you keep your car in the garage when your home to discourage theft or vandalism.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
SSNvMiner

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckstacamaro View Post
If you think you are being followed, pull into another but familiar neighborhood to confirm if you are being followed... If you are, then drive to the nearest Police station and wait until the car that is following you leave before going home. Report the incident to,the police if you have a creditable fear.
Good point. . . I will tell the wife this. If I notice this again... when alone... I would tend to lead em on a goose-chase in circles so they know I'm on to them.

I as well park in my garage behind two gates with 3 large (100lb) dogs that let me know when someone just slows down in front of the house.

2015 2SS/RS L99 Catch-can, SW cat-back, CAI, ]Range
SSNvMiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #5
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Well well well
If they Want you car that bad , They already have two things
Your address
And most likely your garage door code and your car radio frequency alarm/ OnStar codes
Time to disconnect the garage door power supply , even when you are home
Just keep it lockup , if possible by more than one way
Keep an extra eye on what is around you when driving the 5G around , no mater what
Around my area , in the last few months , they have taken more than a few cars like yours
And without any problem
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #6
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Well well well
If they Want you car that bad , They already have two things
Your address
And most likely your garage door code and your car radio frequency alarm/ OnStar codes
Time to disconnect the garage door power supply , even when you are home
Just keep it lockup , if possible by more than one way
Keep an extra eye on what is around you when driving the 5G around , no mater what
Around my area , in the last few months , they have taken more than a few cars like yours
And without any problem

[getting a license plate of the car following is at least something too]
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #7
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
I would keep a close eye on your surroundings, next I would pull the rope that's on the garage to bring it into manual and then lock it just to be safe. If you see anything suspicious call the police. My guess is they wanted to race you with their little ricer and they were kids.

If I was being followed like that I would try to lose them first, if that fails then I would drive in all directions to know they I know what they are up to and if they still follow I would drive to the nearest police station and report the incident and give them a description of the car if you can't read the plates. Again just be cautious now and if you see them again report it don't hesitate.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Next time you see them drive by.......walk outside on the porch only in your underwear carrying the biggest €£%&$ gun you can find.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #9
Punisher80

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Pull over, get out, walk towards them. Problem solved.
Punisher80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:07 PM   #10
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Just stop in the middle of the road and put the 4 ways on. They will eventually go around.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I thought I was being followed one night, I drove from one side of town to my house and the car behind me kept making the same turns I was making. Just so happened they were going to my neighbors house..... I was going to drive past my house until they pulled into the driveway a couple houses before mine....
I also had a cop do the same thing one day. When I turned into my driveway he kept going though.....
Old 12-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #12
Mongo RS

Drives: 2010 2LT M6 RS
Stop watching 'Gran Torino' before bedtime.
Mongo RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #13
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
the neighbors on both sides of me are LEOs, I call them.. they come out.. problem solved..

probably helps I am the neighborhood watch block co-captain too..
Old 12-06-2014, 05:51 AM   #14
Quicksilver 1LE

Drives: 14 1000HP SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I thought I was being followed one night, I drove from one side of town to my house and the car behind me kept making the same turns I was making. Just so happened they were going to my neighbors house..... I was going to drive past my house until they pulled into the driveway a couple houses before mine....
I also had a cop do the same thing one day. When I turned into my driveway he kept going though.....
Dang cop is always following me, telling what I can or can't do in my car, but SHE is my wife.
Quicksilver 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote