Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 12:03 AM   #1
detroit_thumper

Drives: 2003 SVT Cobra
Ford guy here

I bleed blue, own a '14 GT500 w/ Performance Pack (Black/Black) but I just wanted to stop by and say I have always liked the Camaros, from the LT1's to the LS1's to the latest Z/28. They have always looked meaner than the Mustangs. I especially like the '02 SS Camaro, best body style yet. The new Z/28 and ZL1's are downright menacing as well. I could never switch over though considering my loyalty to Ford, but I just wanted to let you guys know I have always respected late model Camaro's. They are badass cars and I love the pushrod engines. I remember when LS1's were top dog before the 03/04 Cobra came out. I bought my 03 Cobra brand new in December of '02. It now sits in the garage next to the GT500.

Anyways, g'day.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:28 AM   #2
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Have you test driven a zl1? If not you should!
Old 01-23-2015, 12:30 AM   #3
detroit_thumper

Drives: 2003 SVT Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Have you test driven a zl1? If not you should!
To be honest, I know I would love it. It's Chevy's equivalent of the GT500 - just a bruiser of a car. I just could never own one. I have a sick loyalty to Ford man, even if I do like the ZL1 ALOT. It's very intimidating, especially in black...of course, the '14 GT500 in black is pretty damn intimidating as well.

Hell, I couldn't even own a '15 Z06 because of my blind loyalty to Ford, and Ford doesn't even have a car to compete with it lol.

ZL1's are badass man, really like them alot.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:37 AM   #4
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
First off
1)you have awesome taste in cars
2) wish there were more mustang guys like you!
3) thanks for the respect to the camaro!

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
Old 01-23-2015, 12:39 AM   #5
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_thumper View Post
To be honest, I know I would love it. It's Chevy's equivalent of the GT500 - just a bruiser of a car. I just could never own one. I have a sick loyalty to Ford man, even if I do like the ZL1 ALOT. It's very intimidating, especially in black...of course, the '14 GT500 in black is pretty damn intimidating as well.

Hell, I couldn't even own a '15 Z06 because of my blind loyalty to Ford, and Ford doesn't even have a car to compete with it lol.

ZL1's are badass man, really like them alot.
Why not own both? You drive a ford like a proud man during the day and your camaro during the dark weekend nights when no ones watching; it can be your little secret In all seriousness I never understood brand loyalty if I see something that catches my eye and I like it but not a chevy I will seriously consider it. A badge should never limit your happiness and enjoyment!
Old 01-23-2015, 12:41 AM   #6
Nick97

Drives: 2015 SS Camaro
Wink

We all know why you came here, you want to be talked into getting a chevy

Go ahead bro, schedule your self a test drive. Nobody will judge you.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:24 AM   #7
Quicksilver-SS

Drives: 2014 1SS / RS M6
Quote:
I bleed blue, own a '14 GT500 w/ Performance Pack (Black/Black) but I just wanted to stop by and say I have always liked the Camaros, from the LT1's to the LS1's to the latest Z/28. They have always looked meaner than the Mustangs. I especially like the '02 SS Camaro, best body style yet. The new Z/28 and ZL1's are downright menacing as well. I could never switch over though considering my loyalty to Ford, but I just wanted to let you guys know I have always respected late model Camaro's. They are badass cars and I love the pushrod engines. I remember when LS1's were top dog before the 03/04 Cobra came out. I bought my 03 Cobra brand new in December of '02. It now sits in the garage next to the GT500.

Anyways, g'day.
Damn, you sound like my evil twin brother.... I'm the same way about my Chevys....
Old 01-23-2015, 05:46 AM   #8
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Op I totally respect you man but please dont fall into the brand loyalty state. I personally currently drive a 2013 cammed camaro ss manual, 2009 bolt on Z06, 2011 ctsv wagon, and a 2012 lifted F250 6.7 diesel I bought brand new, oh and a 2012 Mitsubishi Evolution mr.

Not bragging but you only hurt yourself when you you get caught up in the brand loyalty crap (whichever brand). Personally I would only drive a Ford diesel (bc of the 6.7 and overall look) but if Gm or Dodge were to come out with a badass (to me) 3/4 ton diesel Yes I would jump ship. It is just my .02 and I won't restrict myself because of a badge. If something is badass Im getting it period regardless of the badge it wears. It's almost like saying I will only date blonds and nothing else where as I will date any nationality (pending they're hot) lol.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:47 AM   #9
KINGRENZ

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Yes we need more Ford guys like you.
Many act a little bit cooky in my area. hahaha
You seem to have a passion and love for cars and its always great to talk to a Ford lover with egos in tact.
But i always like the
Name:  2013-ford-shelby-gt500-11.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  73.0 KB

and some of the older mustangs.
Looks improved a lot to me over the years.
But its something about A Chevy.

ANYWAYS- YES-
GO AHEAD AND GET THE ZL1- THAT IS WHY YOU are HERE........ RIGHT?
Harvey Dent- Dark Night Feeling
Old 01-23-2015, 05:53 AM   #10
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
First time I ever heard a ford guy give respect to a Camaro!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
Old 01-23-2015, 05:58 AM   #11
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Nice to meet you! Nice stable you have!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 01-23-2015, 06:50 AM   #12
PonyXpress
Bring the funk!

Drives: 09 Mustang Bullitt
Quote:

Anyways, g'day.
Welcome Detroit Thumper!

Post some pics in your 'garage' when you get a chance, I would like to see both your GT500 and Cobra!

And as far as the new ZL1's and Z28's (and SS 1LE's for that matter)...yes please!
Old 01-23-2015, 07:09 AM   #13
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
I have had several mustangs and recently switched back to Camaro. I appreciate the differences. I do have to say my new Camaro makes me very happy.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:31 AM   #14
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:

Anyways, g'day.

Im not gonna argue with you, My loyalty is to both Ford and Chevy. I like both and there is nothing wrong with that!

Ive owned many Mustang's and Camaro's and in my mind one is as good as the other and sometimes the Camaro is better than the Mustang and other times the Mustang is better than the Camaro.

I think its a healthy rivalry as long as both camps can respect one another....
Closed Thread