Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #1
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
HELP!! Reduced power mode..im at a loss

For the last 5 months I've been trying to trouble shoot why my car keeps going into reduced power mode. I had codes for the throttle body sensor. So I got a tb from a forum member thinking that would fix it. Went to the track and boom...shut down. So I went and bought a new vmax tb. The moment I left the shop with it...boom shut down. Codes now reading pedal sensor. So I forked over 75 bucks to the dealership for a new pedal and sensor. Slapped it on just now and went out to test and once again the car shuts down. I again got the p2101 and p0121 codes. What the #$*@! ??????

I have replaced the tb twice and have a brand new pedal sensor out the damn box! Someone please shed some light bc im starting to not want this car anymore right now
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #2
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Put your stock tb back on and see if it happens again.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:17 PM   #3
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Do a tug test on the throttle body harness wires to see if any are loose.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:46 AM   #4
hazzard623

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs Black l99
Hello good sir,

I had the same issue with my Camaro after I installed a low quality air intake like the spectre one. It was made out of some rubber or plastic and would fold in on itself during hot temperatures or too much throttle on the petal. I replaced it with the regular air intake and never had issues anymore.
hazzard623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:16 AM   #5
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
+1 for Hazzard. Could just be bad airflow choking the poor car out.
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:22 AM   #6
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzard623 View Post
Hello good sir,

I had the same issue with my Camaro after I installed a low quality air intake like the spectre one. It was made out of some rubber or plastic and would fold in on itself during hot temperatures or too much throttle on the petal. I replaced it with the regular air intake and never had issues anymore.

I think you got it. The rubber elbow is so soft i can pinch it together. I think its collapsing under wot. I bought a 4" metal elbow and fit it inside the rubber elbow for support just to see what happened. Not a single issue under wot all the way to redline. Time for a new intake. Taking this pedal back to chevy and about to have a ported tb for sale on here soon.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote