Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #1
Keachj06

Drives: 15 SS,13 Duc Panigale
like my stock exhaust... but headers and then some

Looking at getting a set of Cat-less LT's and keeping the rest of the system stock I have the dual mode *fuse pulled* exhaust and was wondering will I see any gains from changing the cats back from the stock exhaust or will it be insignificant in this case, also how will the sound be afterward I had LT's and a full 3" back to corsa extremes on my old LS2 vette and loved the sound, will I be close in or should I get another exhaust set up, I really don't want to ditch the stock one as I love the quad tip look on the back end.
Keachj06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keachj06 View Post
Looking at getting a set of Cat-less LT's and keeping the rest of the system stock I have the dual mode *fuse pulled* exhaust and was wondering will I see any gains from changing the cats back from the stock exhaust or will it be insignificant in this case, also how will the sound be afterward I had LT's and a full 3" back to corsa extremes on my old LS2 vette and loved the sound, will I be close in or should I get another exhaust set up, I really don't want to ditch the stock one as I love the quad tip look on the back end.
You won't see gains even if you did use an aftermarket exhaust. All the gains are made from the LTs and a tune. If you have the dual mode it'll sound really good and will perform just the same as the aftermarket. If you end up not liking the sound then you can look into a catback just don't expect anything other than a sound change.

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:02 PM   #3
Keachj06

So I also noticed my outer tips are getting black where the inner ones are not so with the flap open is the exhaust only routed through the two outer tips thus making my exhaust a dual tip instead of all four being functional and if so would that have an effect on removing the by product from the headers back because of the increased back pressure? I understand back pressure is good but it also restricts HP and Flow overall especially if in the near future adding a forced inducted product like a supercharger.
thanks for the quick response.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:08 PM   #4
Dynamite

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS XD
Your NPP really isnt a "stock exhaust." It is an upgrade that is just as good as aftermarket. I have headers on with my NPP and am satisfied with it. I have the flaps open too.
2013 Black 2SS Camaro - NPP Exhaust - Rotofab Cold Air Intake - SWorks Stainless Power Long Tube Headers 1 7/8" - CNC Ported Throttle Body - Showstopper Sidemarkers Ghosted Black - Sequential Tail Lights - RX Catch Can - Hill Start Assist Disabled- 35% Tint - Heritage Grille - BTR Stage 4 Cam - 3.91 Gears
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #5
Vertwheal

Drives: 2015 AGM 1SS/RS/1LE NPP
It will lose its deeper tone and turn more raspy and it will be insanely loud. No sense in getting anything else unless you want to change the sound as you wont see any gains from a catback.
CAI intake, ADM scoop, Rotofab washer relocation, Bo White stage II ported TB, Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT, RPI Splash Guards, Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts, Tuned by Rick @ Synergy Motorsports - 414/403 on a Mustang dyno
Vertwheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:20 PM   #6
Keachj06

... I want that deep tone not the raspy one, damn, noticed you have LT's in CA... living dangerously I see. thanks for the insight.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:55 PM   #7
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
I would try it and see if you like it first .With the long tubes and HF cats and the Duel mode it sounds damn good .
Old 05-27-2015, 06:22 PM   #8
dentnshell

Drives: Black 2014 2SS
Quote:
So I also noticed my outer tips are getting black where the inner ones are not so with the flap open is the exhaust only routed through the two outer tips thus making my exhaust a dual tip instead of all four being functional and if so would that have an effect on removing the by product from the headers back because of the increased back pressure? I understand back pressure is good but it also restricts HP and Flow overall especially if in the near future adding a forced inducted product like a supercharger.
thanks for the quick response.
if you get down on the ground behind your exhaust with a flashlight you can manually operate the flap on your NPP.
There you can clearly see In "Wild" mode (fuse pulled) the exhaust is going straight through the muffler and out the outer tip. Kind of like straight pipe...

When the flap is closed "Mild" the exhaust is routed so that it uses the muffler and out the inner tip.

The difference in sound comes from the difference in how the exhaust exits.
Mods: LSA Conversion 2.5" Upper Pulley, 65# injectors, GPI SS1 Cam, SP Long Tubes, ADM Race Scoop & CAI, NPP exhaust (DIY control), BMR 1" lowering springs, ZL1 Rear Differential / Axles, CF Side Strip / Hood Spear, Tint - Windows / Tails / Sidemarkers, Splash Guards, ADM Boost Gauge, ABL Dashkit, '68 Script Badges, ACS T4 Splitter, ZL1 Rockers from Gary's, Z28 Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent, Summer - MRR FS01 Satin Black (10" Front 11" Rear) Winter, pictured-Drag DR 64's Satin Black (9" Front-10" Rear.)
dentnshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:24 PM   #9
Vertwheal

Drives: 2015 AGM 1SS/RS/1LE NPP
Quote:
... I want that deep tone not the raspy one, damn, noticed you have LT's in CA... living dangerously I see. thanks for the insight.
Well I didn't buy the car so the state can tell me what to do with it. I'm hoping to be out of here before it's time to smog in 5 years.
CAI intake, ADM scoop, Rotofab washer relocation, Bo White stage II ported TB, Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT, RPI Splash Guards, Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts, Tuned by Rick @ Synergy Motorsports - 414/403 on a Mustang dyno
Vertwheal is offline   Reply With Quote