Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
First time Camaro owner(not purchased)

Hello fellas, recently my father won a 2015 camaro by means he never revealed to me. And decided that I would take the vehicle as he prefers luxury vehicles. LS models were completely covered but higher trim costed more. I went with a ls model. I had many questions about the car and found this forum to fill in the gap and decided to make account.

So far I really love this ride, I adapted immediately to the low ride and long front of the car. I like how the car is wide, the exterior and stock rims are very nice in person. So far I had no blindspot issues which some people complain about. I have a feel for the car now and can drive fine. The ride is firm and stiff and feels like a muscle car. Yet when cruising it feels very smooth. Over michigan roads it can get rough, some roads out here in michigan are abysmal and have many deep bumps. For the smooth roads it feels really nice riding it.

I've noticed I've been getting a lot of uneasy responses from males. Some drivers tailgate me(Challenger/bmw/lexus drivers) and I've been getting negative responses. One person at a gas station asked if it was my camaro, I told him it was. Then he pursues to ask 'does it have all wheel drive'? Obvious answer was no. Response: "it's okay its still a nice car".

He drives a charger btw. The females on other hand really like the car and think its a hot ride. I've got nothing but compliments from them. Someone with brown marker wrote 'D8' on one of my rims. Not sure if this was a factory mark or what, but I don't remeber it, only seen it since yesterday but the rain washed it away.

Due to college studies and most investments going into that, I do not plan on performance mods. But possibly new rims and halo headlights eventually. Or just save up money for later to upgrade to 2015 ss. I really like this model in black without stripes:

^^^

This is gorg.

Those are my first impressions. I hope to have to gain some more knowledge on the vehicle on this forum. That being said I do have a few questions:

1. It's spring/summer time, my psi is around 31/32 for all tires. It came this way out of the dealer. Should I keep it at 32 or get it up to 36?

2. Michigan roads can get very rough, do I have to worry about these bumps causing damage and/or slowdown/avoid them or will the car handle it fine even if it feels rough?

3. Is it safe to floor the car once in a while when I have almost near 500 miles on it or should I wait till 1500 miles? I have read on this forum regarding a 'break in' period before I push the car a little. I never knew of break in periods before getting this vehicle.

Any responses would be appreciated folks, thanks again. I'm proud to be a owner and will become a loyalist from now on.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:41 PM   #2
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Congrats! I hope you enjoy it!

1. The recommended PSI should be marked on the tires, manual, or on one of the doors when you open it. Just follow what it recommends.

2. As long as you're not scraping or anything, there's nothing to worry about.

3. I'd wait to break it in first. I believe the break in period is 1000 miles. Look in your manual to see what exactly you need to do and not do during break in. One of those I know is to avoid going above a certain RPM.

Have fun!
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:04 PM   #3
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCamaro View Post
Congrats! I hope you enjoy it!

1. The recommended PSI should be marked on the tires, manual, or on one of the doors when you open it. Just follow what it recommends.

2. As long as you're not scraping or anything, there's nothing to worry about.

3. I'd wait to break it in first. I believe the break in period is 1000 miles. Look in your manual to see what exactly you need to do and not do during break in. One of those I know is to avoid going above a certain RPM.

Have fun!
Thanks a lot! Will wait till 1500 miles.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:15 PM   #4
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Op, you said 1LS. the pictured car sure has a lot of upgrades and RS? does it have leather seats too? Those wheels are nice too
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:22 PM   #5
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Canuck.. she said she wants one like the one in the pic... I think it was a reference picture.
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:23 PM   #6
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Canuck View Post
Op, you said 1LS. the pictured car sure has a lot of upgrades and RS? does it have leather seats too? Those wheels are nice too
Pictured car isn't mine, it's a ss model which I really like and would want in black without stripes. If I ever trade in for an ss model.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #7
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
Canuck.. she said she wants one like the one in the pic... I think it was a reference picture.
No she here, I'm male.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:35 PM   #8
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
going to retake speed reading class
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:47 PM   #9
L&M CAMARO 6

Drives: Just a fan for now
As for tire pressure go with the PSI that is found in the drivers side door jamb, could raise it by 3-4 psi.
NOT the PSI on the tire side wall as that is the max. PSI.
L&M CAMARO 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:51 PM   #10
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Enjoy the free car from you dad.

Don't give a crap about what others say. Brush it off...haters are going to hate.

The LS is a great car for a college student. Focus on your studies and upgrade when you have another 5-10 of life under your belt and in a better financial position.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #11
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
No she here, I'm male.
Are you sure ��
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #12
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Welcome! These are great cars. After around 1500 miles, change the oil and have a blast!

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:21 PM   #13
RagingHawk

Thanks all!
Old 06-15-2015, 06:04 AM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!