Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 09-04-2015, 12:16 PM   #1
BryceClark89

Drives: 01 Alero GLSV6/ 07 ZX-14/ 06GTO
Now how do we feel about Price

It seems some of the moaning has ceased. I know 37-47Thousand is alot of money for any car. But to those who are still concerned about The entire line up not being competitively priced. I encourage everyone of you to stop by a dealership Chevy/SRT/Ford ...I encourage this simply because you can take a moment to stop see incentives from each company first hand .you can look at every option listed and see if it merits the price on the window. I recently went to Ford and all I can say is my general experience there was that they were not only nice, but level headed and completely aware of the hype behind the new camaro...and All. Of the GTs for sale ..EVERY SINGLE ONE on the lot had a discount of 2-3000 off in preparation for the new SS. That being said here in central Florida there are a ton of mustangs and camaros running around. And here is the best part every mustang GT on the lot I saw before and after discount was in the 40-44 thousand dollars bracket. That was GTPP, GTPP50th GTPremium . The next most expensive mustang was a 2.3L ecoboost and it was loaded tp the brim at $36.995 Keep in mind all of the Camaro's in the lineup currently pack way more standard features then before. I look forward to 2016/2017 happy ordering
Owned lifted 88 dakota two door short bed V6 4x4, Yellow/black LB9 powered 85 IrocZ28 MODS Edlebrock intake, throttle body spacers and mass air flow sensor, Edlebrock full exhaust, K&N drop in's, B&M 700r4 shift kit. 2001.olds alero GLSV6, BIKE~ 2007 Lazer Metallic Blue ZX-14
BryceClark89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
I still think a $50k Camaro is absolutely crazy. But I am absolutely crazy about cars....so.
GM TAKE MY MONEY!!!

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:53 PM   #3
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I still don't know because I want a 2SS convertible A8 NPP MRC with Adrenaline Red interior and black split spoke rims. Speculation has pricing of MSRP from anywhere around $50k to $60k. I'll be ok at $50k, I'll be really uhappy (and getting a C7) at $60k.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #4
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Im ok with a 1ss its within my budget but definitely way more than i planed on spending i planned on being around 30k out the door after discounts and savings cash. Now im around 34k financing
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #5
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
Im ok with a 1ss its within my budget but definitely way more than i planed on spending i planned on being around 30k out the door after discounts and savings cash. Now im around 34k financing
I feel your pain.

Ford is making it very tempting for me to leave Chevy. Local dealers are discounting Base GT's down to 28k after offers and promos. Compared to the 36k for a base 1SS, that extra 8k could go to a Hellion twin turbo kit. Pay ~1500$ for install/dyno tune and for the price of a 1SS I could have a 700hp S550.

Sadly, I like all the toys, so it would either be GT Premium or 2SS. The Premium isn't getting quite the discount right now, but it would have everything except HUD compared to base 2SS. Best price I got there was 36k on the GT Premium, I think they are in shorter supply right now. Though if you're going "kitchen sink" on options, the GT Premium doesn't have MagneRide optional like the 2SS has MRC. And again, you're missing the HUD -- which I do love.

Always been Camaro and have enjoyed the rivalry since I had my first one ('92 25th RS, White w/ Red Stripes & Interior). Now this pricing seriously has me evaluating my allegiance when looking at wants/needs/price.

This reminds me of 1992, when GM went high brow on price while Ford priced and discounted their way to outselling the Camaro 5 to 1 by 1999. That was the death of the Camaro. I really wonder if Al & Mary remember those days and whether they learned any lessons from outpricing the blue collar sports car from blue collar workers.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:49 PM   #6
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I just bought GM stock, so I encourage everyone to buy a Camaro.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:35 PM   #7
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I just bought GM stock, so I encourage everyone to buy a Camaro.
Lol
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:52 PM   #8
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Prices

Are those Mustangs 2016? The ones that are offering $2k - $4k off MSRP? I kind of doubt it. No doubt that Ford, Dodge, etc. are discounting their 2015s. Everyone is. What motivation would Chevy have in discounting their new 2016 Camaros? Maybe small discounts off MSRP, but that's about it. For those leaning towards a Ford or Dodge because of the price I'd say go for it. As far as I'm concerned I'm buying a 2SS 2016 Camaro with the best discount I can get. But the bottom line is it will still be a Camaro.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #9
GMGP5X

Drives: 2011 2LT RS VR 2008 Silverado 2500
If the performance #s are close to the ATS-V. The 2SS with MRC is actually a good buy for the price IMO. I believe this Camaro is going to be a drivers car. We enjoy the way our current Camaro drives and the new one is just going to be even better. We are waiting until around March before we buy, hopefully there will be some incentives out by then. If a few thousand bucks is going to break you, then you should not be buying it in the first place. Live within you means!!! This may be the last generation Camaro or other car in this segment you will be able to get with a normally aspirated V8 priced under 50 grand. Just my 2 cents.
2LT RS VR / ARK DTS Cat back exhaust / Roto-Fab CAI / RPI stealth mud guards /Defender works billet chrome door sills/ DIY painted engine cover, trunk corners, and brake rotors / RX catch can / Team LLT badges. Team LLT
GMGP5X is offline   Reply With Quote