Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-04-2015, 09:43 AM   #1
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Is the NPP Dual Mode Exhaust Worth It?

Camaro Nation, I have questions regarding the NPP Dual Mode Exhaust:

1. The only things I know about the NPP Dual Mode Exhaust is the price, a $895 option.

2. From all the videos I have seen with the NPP Dual Mode Exhaust vs. Stock Exhaust, with the NPP you are able to change the noise level from loud to soft, when you reach a certain RPM. Is this correct?

3. It sounds AWESOME! vs the Stock exhaust.

4. NPP comes with a quad tip, Stock comes only with dual tip, is this correct?

5. It is really geared toward just SS (V8) owners or should V6 owners get it?

6. On manual transmission the controller for NPP exhaust its located on the gearshifter, is this correct?

7. How about on the automatic transmission, where is the controller located? On the shifter?

8. How do you work the NPP exhaust, is there a button you press to activate it?

9. Are there any SS owners who ARE NOT getting the NPP exhaust and just sticking with the stock exhaust?

10. Is the stock exhaust always loud because there is no way to control it?

11. Is the NPP dual exhaust WORTH IT????

Thanks, Everyone!!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
The control is on the center console behind the gear shifter, it says mode.

You can adjust the modes on your drivers dash. The mode is either wide open or fully closed i believe. Just google npp and corvtette c7 and ours will work exactly the same way.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
The control is on the center console behind the gear shifter, it says mode.

You can adjust the modes on your drivers dash. The mode is either wide open or fully closed i believe. Just google npp and corvtette c7 and ours will work exactly the same way.

Awesome, Thanks!!

Is it Worth getting?

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 10-04-2015, 10:15 AM   #4
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Awesome, Thanks!!

Is it Worth getting?
For $895 it is definitely worth in my opinion, hence why I ordered it!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #5
bybcous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Awesome, Thanks!!

Is it Worth getting?
For me my biggest reason is its a mod i always do for the sound soon after purchasing a vehicle. Im not a street racer nor a tracker, i do it it for the sound so it was a must for me to get it now that is adjustable and covered under warranty, even with a v6 i myself would personally get it. I think its an option that should have been available for many years now from the factory.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
Old 10-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #6
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I think the only control you get is normal function (quiet...er) or NPP functionality (open above a certain RPM and I thought throttle position, might be wrong on that).

I don't believe you have the choice to have it open all the time. That would allow the customer to defeat a Federally mandated requirement for noise pass by, which I don't think the OEM can do. It would be like enabling the customer to turn off airbags.

I believe it is conveniently priced at or just below many of the top notch aftermarket exhausts. And those are loud allllll the time. Even on the highway, which I don't prefer. I do not like an open exhaust on long trips, Sam I am. But many do and many will prefer an aftermarket solution.

It is now available on the SS for 2016. When I bought mine last year (2014 model), it wasn't available. It isn't an option that is so awesome it makes me want to trade in and get a 2016.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:30 AM   #7
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
For me my biggest reason is its a mod i always do for the sound soon after purchasing a vehicle. Im not a street racer nor a tracker, i do it it for the sound so it was a must for me to get it now that is adjustable and covered under warranty, even with a v6 i myself would personally get it. I think its an option that should have been available for many years now from the factory.
It has been available for many years from the factory. I think it's been available on the Corvette since 2008.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #8
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I think the only control you get is normal function (quiet...er) or NPP functionality (open above a certain RPM and I thought throttle position, might be wrong on that).

I don't believe you have the choice to have it open all the time. That would allow the customer to defeat a Federally mandated requirement for noise pass by, which I don't think the OEM can do. It would be like enabling the customer to turn off airbags.

I believe it is conveniently priced at or just below many of the top notch aftermarket exhausts. And those are loud allllll the time. Even on the highway, which I don't prefer. I do not like an open exhaust on long trips, Sam I am. But many do and many will prefer an aftermarket solution.

It is now available on the SS for 2016. When I bought mine last year (2014 model), it wasn't available. It isn't an option that is so awesome it makes me want to trade in and get a 2016.
If I get a SS model, should I get the NPP exhaust OR just stick with the stock exhaust that originally comes with the SS model?

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 10-04-2015, 10:43 AM   #9
sellis351

Drives: 2016 2ss garnet red soon
Do you ever want to make it quieter? I leave the house at 5:00 AM for work. I don't want to wake Up my daughter right over the garage every morning. If you want it to always be fully open and loud don't get it. I am sure there are other reasons to get it but that's my main reason. Stealth mode for the win in the morning sport mode as soon as I get on the road.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #10
bybcous

Quote:
It has been available for many years from the factory. I think it's been available on the Corvette since 2008.
I know but i mean us regular folk lol
DELIVERED 12/29/15
Old 10-04-2015, 10:49 AM   #11
bybcous

Quote:

It is open all the time in track mode but can be adjusted in other modes via the dash to be open all the time also. It is not throttle operated and man it is so hard not to get a ss its just an overall better car than my g8 if they would have offerrd the lt1 for 16 MY SS, there is no way i get a Camaro. I went from 90 caprice v8, to 95 impala v8, to 09 g8 v8, then there was a void until 2014 until the SS released of rwd v8 4 door muscle cars. This will be my first coupe and none 4 dr "muscle car".

Sorry for the grammar issues its my cell phone.
DELIVERED 12/29/15
Old 10-04-2015, 10:59 AM   #12
bybcous

The stock exhaust not with none npp should be quiet all the time but that one video that says first ss revs on YouTube, it was pretty damn loud for a non npp car.
DELIVERED 12/29/15
Old 10-04-2015, 11:07 AM   #13
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
NPP is totally worth the $895 price tag.

Just get it.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #14
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Get it and it's worth it.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote