Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-27-2015, 09:57 AM   #1
kingbambino22

Drives: 2023Porsche Cayenne S
Last straw for the Camaro

I'm so mad. It's seems like the Camaro is the only car I own that leaves me car less. My Z/28 broke on my road trip so I'm currently suck in San Antonio. My starter went out . Now I get cars break but the Chevy cars I've owned are the one that leave me in a bind or without a car to drive. I sold my hoopties cause I just knew this was that car for me. Anyway the dealer didn't even do a proper diagnosis so now they need to order a flywheel also. what really gets me is that they didn't even start working on my car until I drove to the dealer to ask about the car . This is my 3rd 5th gen Camaro and the 1LE didn't leave me stranded but it did have a small issue. I LOVE CAMAROS but I won't keep spending my money on a car company with cars that keep breaking . Now with that being said, I think this is my last Chevy I'll buy. Sorry but I can't keep going to this cause of etc......
kingbambino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:30 AM   #2
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Sounds like a dealer issue, they should be putting you into a loaner/rental if you have any issues with a Z/28. Diagnosis issues should tell you that there is a problem with your location.

Madness. Sorry for all your trouble

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:41 AM   #3
TXsilvy

Drives: camaro
my family has primarily driven chevy all my life growing up. we're all slowly making the transition to 100% Toyota. none of us need a diesel so that helps lol.
TXsilvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:47 AM   #4
kingbambino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH View Post
Sounds like a dealer issue, they should be putting you into a loaner/rental if you have any issues with a Z/28. Diagnosis issues should tell you that there is a problem with your location.

Madness. Sorry for all your trouble
They should give me something to drive but of course they didn't. That bugs me even more. I bought used BMW's and got loaner cars but not GM. And your right. Even I knew to check any part the starter touches. But I guess my passion for cars and taking care of them is different. Just frustrated with it
Old 10-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #5
pmili75

Drives: 2015 Z/28 AGM
Unfortunately I can't disagree with you.

Non of my Japaneese cars ever let me down and the service much better.

That said I still love my Z/28

I just pray I don't ever need the dealer!!!!
pmili75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:03 AM   #6
kingbambino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 HLR View Post
After spending 65,000 on a Ford King Ranch, we ended up getting stranded on the side of the road with 90 miles on the odometer. I was pissed, even more so when the dealer would not warranty anything because he was not the selling dealer. I also had problems with a brand new Dodge Truck because of fuel issues coming back with the new truck to home. Dodge would not cover because the 2,000 lb caar trailer I was pulling was in the break in period where there should be no towing. Apparently, too much for a 1 ton Cummins!

Many Chevy/GMC Trucks since then. Transmission problems, engine problems, differential, fuel systems, you name it. There have been tons of problems with GM vehicles as well. All brands have issues.

Here is the difference. Ford NEVER stood behind their vehicle. Dodge was a nightmare! GM had just as many issues, BUT THEY ALWAYS STOOD BEHIND THEM. Mechanical things will break, it's a given, there will be failures. You can have the best brand in the world, but if the manufacturers don't stand behind them, the brand is worthless.

I know it's frustrating. GM WILL pay for rental, hotel, etc. They are good. They stand behind their product, my experience has shown this time and time over. It sucks, we all know this, but once you get it fixed the key will turn and let the 427 roar to life again. It's a setback. Let's talk again after you tear up the Riverfront District a little once its fixed. Hang in there!

I'm going to try to hang on but three strikes your out. When my wife says it's time to get rid of the Z, then it's time. She already said, "strike one" cause she been down this road with my already. The Z/28 is everything I wanted from the Camaro minus the 95hp I would like (Randy Pobst) lol.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:04 AM   #7
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Been driving for 35 years. All Chevy's. Not once have I ever had a breakdown.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #8
kingbambino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Been driving for 35 years. All Chevy's. Not once have I ever had a breakdown.
I haven't had that kind of Chevy yet. When I got the 2010 it had a rear main seal leak in 2K miles. When I went to Haddad for the super car kit he showed me the leak.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:29 AM   #9
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festival #26
That's a dealer issue, not a Chevy issue. My advice is to take it to a Cadillac dealer for service. They are much better with the customer service aspect and may even have better trained techs. (At least in my area they do).

Good luck. I hope your wife lets you keep your car.

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #10
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I've owned my 04 GTO since new (Nov 29, 2004). Just hitting 105,000 mile and its never let me down. Engine has never been apart. Still has the original starter, alternator, fuel pump, water pump, etc.

The struts and bushings were replaced at 80k. Drivers window motor and fuel cap too. Otherwise only maintenance and wear items

LS1 has been very reliable and my driving style is such that skip shift has never intervened

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:00 PM   #11
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmili75 View Post
the service much better.
best service ever with Toyota...they would actually bring a loaner minivan 20 miles to my house and take mine for service then bring it back. Always had a loaner and never an issue and the service dept was often open to 9pm.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:37 PM   #12
kingbambino22

Got some more bad news about the Z....... All this happening while I'm moving 1500+ miles. Thank God for my friends in San Antonio.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:54 PM   #13
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
My wife had a 03 Chevy Tahoe since new, that thing cut a telephone pole in half after she was run off the road... $15K in damage. Rebuilt new... never a problem one... had 125k miles on it when she traded in for a new 08 Toyota 4Runner/UrbanRunner. What a POS this thing is!!!!!

I used to be a HUGE Toyota guy... they are not what they used to be...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:49 PM   #14
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
My wife had a 03 Chevy Tahoe since new, that thing cut a telephone pole in half after she was run off the road... $15K in damage. Rebuilt new... never a problem one... had 125k miles on it when she traded in for a new 08 Toyota 4Runner/UrbanRunner. What a POS this thing is!!!!!

I used to be a HUGE Toyota guy... they are not what they used to be...
My wife had an 02 Toyota Solara that was a POS from day one. Leaked oil and the dealer insisted I didn't know how to change it properly and the drivers seat track allowed the seat to shift back and forth while stoping starting. I dumped it after two year and that's significant as I keep cars a long time.

Toyota eventually replaced the pan gasket to fix the leak but the seat never was right

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote