Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 01-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
Daves1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Would love to get this! Any thoughts?

Hey guy came across www.aerosportconcepts.com and I'm in love with there stuff. Does any one know of some one local or in Canada that makes this stuff also? Also would love your thought on them too!

Cheers!
Attached Images

Daves1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:17 PM   #2
thino

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
no but if u do find someone let us all know!!!! need a front splitter like that
Old 01-01-2016, 06:37 PM   #3
Daves1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thino View Post
no but if u do find someone let us all know!!!! need a front splitter like that
i know eh!!! ****en i think shipping a duty would be large from Callie
Daves1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:19 AM   #4
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves1LE View Post
Have it shipped to the UPS store in Niagara Falls NY, drive over and pick it up. When you cross back into Canada declare what you have, they will convert the value into Canadian and charge you 13% in taxes on that value. I've done it many times.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:40 PM   #5
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves1LE View Post
There are NO duties on NAFTA products.

You will pay the exact same amount of % taxes, as you do buying anything else at any corner store near you. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think you are confusing the "brokerage fees" that some transportation companies charge .

Brokerage fees and duties are two entirely different things .

DHL, FedEx Express charge a flat rate of $10, regardless of the tax amount. So add $10 to the taxes. No big deal there, unless you are one stingy ass mofo, or you just bought a $20 product, lol.

The whole point of the $10 flat rate brokerage fee, is because they pay the government their taxes for you, so that your shipment can arrive to you in that short window. The $10's is the man hour worked to process this.

I'll gladly pay the $10 fee, and have a $1000 item shipped to me in 2 days, unless you are one stingy mofo, lol. But then there are the gas costs to drive to Niagra.

Canada Post charges no brokerage fees, just the applicable taxes %, but things do take a week or two to arrive anyways, so no point for brokerage, lol.

UPS, well their "brokerage fees" are quite high, but they do have a chart on their website, to educate their client.
I never use them, THEY ARE HIGH.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:10 PM   #6
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE RS, 2014 ZL1& 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
There are NO duties on NAFTA products.

You will pay the exact same amount of % taxes, as you do buying anything else at any corner store near you. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think you are confusing the "brokerage fees" that some transportation companies charge .

Brokerage fees and duties are two entirely different things .

DHL, FedEx Express charge a flat rate of $10, regardless of the tax amount. So add $10 to the taxes. No big deal there, unless you are one stingy ass mofo, or you just bought a $20 product, lol.

The whole point of the $10 flat rate brokerage fee, is because they pay the government their taxes for you, so that your shipment can arrive to you in that short window. The $10's is the man hour worked to process this.

I'll gladly pay the $10 fee, and have a $1000 item shipped to me in 2 days, unless you are one stingy mofo, lol. But then there are the gas costs to drive to Niagra.

Canada Post charges no brokerage fees, just the applicable taxes %, but things do take a week or two to arrive anyways, so no point for brokerage, lol.

UPS, well their "brokerage fees" are quite high, but they do have a chart on their website, to educate their client.
I never use them, THEY ARE HIGH.

Oh there is costs. I was charged 130 custom charges when it (my splitter) arrived here (Alberta) on top of shipping costs.
700/633 91Octane Street Tune=750/670 VP109 Race Tune TVS2300 Heartbeat SC,ADM Dual Fuel Pumps/ Module, BRM lowered 1", performance rotors, hawks pads, SS Braided lines, GT-14cam, 78mm pulley, AR LT Headers, Cat Deletes, Borla S catback, tinted, 1/LE emblems, 65lb Injectors, Elite catch can,dual valve springs, titanium retainers, super conductor wires and insulators, Robo Fab CAI, Oversize intercooler reservoir, Oracle ghost side markers, Black out Bowties & SS,ZL1 splash guards, Michelin PSS. Built and tuned by Davenport Motorsports (WILD1LE)
PlatinumIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:24 PM   #7
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumIce View Post
Oh there is costs. I was charged 130 custom charges when it (my splitter) arrived here (Alberta) on top of shipping costs.
What do you mean by "custom charges"?

Dude, I do this for a living, selling, buying, shipping, etc. I'm doing it as we speak

You have to be more specific by "custom charges". This is an overly used term to describe, I_payed_something_on_top_of_my_local_Governments_t axes_but _not _sure_what, lol. It is like calling all dark soft drinks "Coca Cola", or all tissue paper, "Kleenex". I'm sure there are even more accurate analogies, but I think one catches my drift.

It's quite unfortunate, (in all fairness to you and others in our Country who have zero idea of how to break this down), that UPS was in the past charging overly, super high, brokerage fees, and still are at your doorstep! This is quite significant, because over time, and since UPS was/is the "by default", the go-to shipping company, by many of the online vendors, the vast mainstream population as I like to call them, associate, almost like a synonym, the terms, brockerage fees with loose terms like "custom charges" and the like. Duties, GST, PST, Brokerage Fees and of course, the one main component, many conveniently eliminate from their genius, subconscious, calculation, before placing an order, and that is the currency rate, and the main ingredient shipping costs.

Count those highlighted words, that is all you have to play with, nothing more, nothing less.

Now here is where your responsibility lies, to see to it, no mistake is made, and you subsequently getting ripped off. This is called NAFTA. It's there for a reason. You don't pay duties on anything NAFTA end_of_story!

If you DID pay duties on a Nafta product, sorry, but That Is Your Fault. It's in your right to get refunded you know, but who does? . Wow eh?

When the vendor sends out a product that is under NAFTA agreement, it is wise to include the NAFTA paperwork with the shipment, along with the Commercial Invoice. If they are not, the shipment begins to fall at the whim of Customs, and that is when the charging begins....guilty until you prove your package, innocent

PS It's also quite possible, the part you ordered from the USA, was after Customs investigated it, was deemed to have been designed and manufactured in an other foreign land. If that's the case, well then, YES you will pay both Duties and your federal governments and provinces taxes.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:47 PM   #8
Camaro Dude

To conclude: Duties and Brokerage Fees, are two entirely different things.

You DO_NOT need to necessarily be charged both, and this all may very well depend on which Carrier you used. It is your responsibility to find out which company charges brokerage fees, how much, and which one doesn't charge them period!

Do not associate one term with the other, and then call it "customs charges", after sticker shock has set in. This is very misleading, and this misinformation spreads, all because no one takes the time to understand things.

People who suffer from sticker shock when ordering online and then spreading misinformation about it is the main problem here in our society. I think it is better than what it was say 10 years ago, but sheesh I'm still appalled at the lack of understanding on this topic.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:04 AM   #9
SRTKILLER

Drives: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Ok Camaro dude, I ordered R1 premium slotted rotors and hawk pads. I got charged a brokerage fee as well as duty (custom charges) how do I go about proving the parts are under the NAFTA? I order quite often from the US and seem to get charged both all the time, obviously my fault from lack of knowledge. They border security even called me and asked what I paid for the brake parts because the package only said $60 to save me money of course. Just trying to understand a little more what your saying. Thanks for the help really appreciate it.
SRTKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:16 AM   #10
JMI

Drives: Red Jewel Camaro SS
The NAFTA will only work if the product is made in the USA. If it's made somewhere else.You will pay extra fees(a % of the value).
I also import products from the US almost daily & a little bit of export. It's not bad once you know how it works and what you need.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:19 PM   #11
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Quote:
To conclude: Duties and Brokerage Fees, are two entirely different things.

You DO_NOT need to necessarily be charged both, and this all may very well depend on which Carrier you used. It is your responsibility to find out which company charges brokerage fees, how much, and which one doesn't charge them period!

Do not associate one term with the other, and then call it "customs charges", after sticker shock has set in. This is very misleading, and this misinformation spreads, all because no one takes the time to understand things.

People who suffer from sticker shock when ordering online and then spreading misinformation about it is the main problem here in our society. I think it is better than what it was say 10 years ago, but sheesh I'm still appalled at the lack of understanding on this topic.
Camaro Dude. Platinumice did pay another fee to receive his package from us. Not sure exactly what it was and why but maybe you could contact me in a PM or phone call to help me understand these fees.

I don't ship to often to Canada but I have a couple times. My first customer basically got the same items but never heard from him he paid additional charges. Maybe he did and never said anything knowing they are there.

My products are made in the USA and even our material too are made in Texas. Does my product fall into the NAFTA criteria. Do I need to set something up to qualify our products as so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kurt

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #12
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTKILLER View Post
Ok Camaro dude, I ordered R1 premium slotted rotors and hawk pads. I got charged a brokerage fee as well as duty (custom charges) how do I go about proving the parts are under the NAFTA? I order quite often from the US and seem to get charged both all the time, obviously my fault from lack of knowledge. They border security even called me and asked what I paid for the brake parts because the package only said $60 to save me money of course. Just trying to understand a little more what your saying. Thanks for the help really appreciate it.
Some businesses that were caught in the past cheating the system, their information gets collected and recorded for "5 years" last I heard, and this was like 4 years ago. What this means is, most likely everything they move over the border will get stopped for scrutiny.

My point is, your situation sounds like either bad luck, bad luck from choosing shady vendors that had been caught in the past and paying the Red Tape price, or simply bad luck on you, lol .

Seriously, I have been modding my personal cars for 20 years now, and I cannot recall even once that I was even "accidentally" charged Duties for something that was Made In The USA, e.g. Catch Cans, TurboNetics Turbos, RaceWare Headstuds, etc...

Quick recent example, MY Cam Motion cam for Sledge here.

1. I payed the Price of the Cam
2. I payed shipping costs (FedEx Express)
3. I Payed GST, PST (just like I do at my local Grocery store, eeeeeaaaa.)
4. Paid $10 Brokerage Fee(FedEx Express ALWAYS charges a Flat Rate $10, regardless of.)
5. I Paid ZERO DUTIES, because it falls under NAFTA

This_Is_all_I_Payed, and thank GOD I HAD THE VISION TO DO THIS WHEN THE DOLLAR WAS AT PAR and Even Worth MORE than the USD greenback :headband:

Key Points:

-Had I used Snail Mail instead, there would of been ZERO Brokerage Fees added to the total talley above

- Had I used UPS, I'll wager an "extra" $60-$120 would of been added via their ripoff Brokerage Fees program( I forget their calculations as I never use them now), and I think this is the problem here with you boys.

-DHL is $10 flat rate as well last I checked...

-FedEx Ground I'm not sure how they work their brokerage fees, lol, someone will have to educate me on that one, .

I personally use Snail Mail (zero brokerage fees) if I'm not in a rush, and FedEx Express (not Ground), and swallow their gargantuan flat rate of $10, lol, if I want it pronto and/or if the part has significant value ($100+) to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMI View Post
The NAFTA will only work if the product is made in the USA. If it's made somewhere else.You will pay extra fees(a % of the value).
I also import products from the US almost daily & a little bit of export. It's not bad once you know how it works and what you need.
In a nutshell, YES, but not always the case. For example, Stainless Power (not Works) somehow qualifies under Nafta .

I ordered S.P. from a Vendor here, this is how I know. Yes, they had a little paper in there somewhere, with NAFTA lettering, it was kind of neat, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
Camaro Dude. Platinumice did pay another fee to receive his package from us. Not sure exactly what it was and why but maybe you could contact me in a PM or phone call to help me understand these fees.

I don't ship to often to Canada but I have a couple times. My first customer basically got the same items but never heard from him he paid additional charges. Maybe he did and never said anything knowing they are there.

My products are made in the USA and even our material too are made in Texas. Does my product fall into the NAFTA criteria. Do I need to set something up to qualify our products as so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kurt
Before I proceed to help you and the ol' chap below, I first need to know which Courier Company did you use?

In the meantime, my answer might also be imbedded in my other reply above?

Your products should never be charged Duties Fees by them pesky Canadians . As for Brokerage Fees, that is the whim of the Courier Company, this has nothing to do with Duties, this_falls under the whim of the company you are using. Some, as I have desperately repeated, lol, like Snail Mail, it is zero brokerage, others it is a flat rate "x", and others, the skies the limit it almost feels like.

The latter is the game killer imho. Buyer Beware /;

Quote:
I would like more information, which Courier/Carrier did you use?

While you look, in the mean time, please take the time, and re-read my 3rd sentence, in post#5.

Report back, I'll be happy to be of service, because you got me curious in your case right now.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:05 PM   #13
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Some businesses that were caught in the past cheating the system, their information gets collected and recorded for "5 years" last I heard, and this was like 4 years ago. What this means is, most likely everything they move over the border will get stopped for scrutiny.

My point is, your situation sounds like either bad luck, bad luck from choosing shady vendors that had been caught in the past and paying the Red Tape price, or simply bad luck on you, lol .

Seriously, I have been modding my personal cars for 20 years now, and I cannot recall even once that I was even "accidentally" charged Duties for something that was Made In The USA, e.g. Catch Cans, TurboNetics Turbos, RaceWare Headstuds, etc...

Quick recent example, MY Cam Motion cam for Sledge here.

1. I payed the Price of the Cam
2. I payed shipping costs (FedEx Express)
3. I Payed GST, PST (just like I do at my local Grocery store, eeeeeaaaa.)
4. Paid $10 Brokerage Fee(FedEx Express ALWAYS charges a Flat Rate $10, regardless of.)
5. I Paid ZERO DUTIES, because it falls under NAFTA

This_Is_all_I_Payed, and thank GOD I HAD THE VISION TO DO THIS WHEN THE DOLLAR WAS AT PAR and Even Worth MORE than the USD greenback :headband:

Key Points:

-Had I used Snail Mail instead, there would of been ZERO Brokerage Fees added to the total talley above

- Had I used UPS, I'll wager an "extra" $60-$120 would of been added via their ripoff Brokerage Fees program( I forget their calculations as I never use them now), and I think this is the problem here with you boys.

-DHL is $10 flat rate as well last I checked...

-FedEx Ground I'm not sure how they work their brokerage fees, lol, someone will have to educate me on that one, .

I personally use Snail Mail (zero brokerage fees) if I'm not in a rush, and FedEx Express (not Ground), and swallow their gargantuan flat rate of $10, lol, if I want it pronto and/or if the part has significant value ($100+) to me.

In a nutshell, YES, but not always the case. For example, Stainless Power (not Works) somehow qualifies under Nafta .

I ordered S.P. from a Vendor here, this is how I know. Yes, they had a little paper in there somewhere, with NAFTA lettering, it was kind of neat, lol.

Before I proceed to help you and the ol' chap below, I first need to know which Courier Company did you use?

In the meantime, my answer might also be imbedded in my other reply above?

Your products should never be charged Duties Fees by them pesky Canadians . As for Brokerage Fees, that is the whim of the Courier Company, this has nothing to do with Duties, this_falls under the whim of the company you are using. Some, as I have desperately repeated, lol, like Snail Mail, it is zero brokerage, others it is a flat rate "x", and others, the skies the limit it almost feels like.

The latter is the game killer imho. Buyer Beware /;

I would like more information, which Courier/Carrier did you use?

While you look, in the mean time, please take the time, and re-read my 3rd sentence, in post#5.

Report back, I'll be happy to be of service, because you got me curious in your case right now.
Platinumlce's order was shipped via UPS. In the shipping cost I paid the brokerage fees.

One issue I have is the package size is very large and some like USPS don't ship the size it is or I would use them.

I checked with FedEx and their cost was even more the UPS.

Never thought about DHL. I'll look into their cost.

Thanks for the help
Kurt

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2016, 09:25 PM   #14
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
Platinumlce's order was shipped via UPS. In the shipping cost I paid the brokerage fees.

One issue I have is the package size is very large and some like USPS don't ship the size it is or I would use them.

I checked with FedEx and their cost was even more the UPS.

Never thought about DHL. I'll look into their cost.

Thanks for the help
Kurt
I knew it!!! lol

Yes, I have heard of this, where the Business(sender) makes a predetermined package deal with UPS, so that when the consumer places their order online, it is more user-friendly for one to be able to realistically calculate their TOTAL cost upon arrival at the door with no surprises. I like this, albeit a band-aid solution at the cost of the sender .

When you say FedEx was higher, did you mean Brokerage or shipping costs or both?

Ground and Express divisions use different Brokerage formulas, as I mentioned before, the latter is $10 flat rate, but since this is a quicker service over Ground, it is more $$ to fly in an aircraft.

Ground's brokerage irks me, so I try to avoid them when I can, but sometimes, depending on zip code/postal code location, the shipping price is so cheap(even cheaper than snail), it out weighs any brokerage hoo harrraah.

I've used FedEx IPFS (International Priority Freight Service), they accept the dimensions you speak of, plus it's a flat rate of $10. Big deal on the $10 right, lol? I recommend you try them as well on your next customer service "1-800" , cross-shopping call.

Not sure on DHL over sized items, and if they offer a "freight" solution. Give_them_a_call as well, shopping is healthy I say, make full use of the power of the internet .