Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #1
Germy2011

Drives: 2015 Summit White Camaro LS Coupe
Oracle Halos for 2015 LS Camaro

Camaro Friends,

I want to change my headlights. I saw these Oracle Halos on the street a few weeks ago and with my tax return, I'm going to do it. Problem is, I dont know if my car is eligible to do the swap because its a 2015. Can anybody point me in the direction to get these Blue LED lights with fog lights as well. for my 2015 LS Camaro. All assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

Germy2011
Germy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:35 PM   #2
EWade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
The Oracle Halos is a kit you have to put into your stock headlights, it says so in the description.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
hall92
AlyssaSTORM

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...oundStyle.aspx

You will have to bake your lights apart in order to install them
Old 02-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #4
CodieG95

Drives: 2014 Camaro Ls Manual
a good site that sells a lot of oracle lights and more for camaros is Phastek Performance. There is either the colorshift option which gives you a remote to change between any color , a 2 color option where you could go white and blue which are both led or you can get a single color that can be plama or ccfl
Old 02-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #5
EWade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodieG95 View Post
a good site that sells a lot of oracle lights and more for camaros is Phastek Performance. There is either the colorshift option which gives you a remote to change between any color , a 2 color option where you could go white and blue which are both led or you can get a single color that can be plama or ccfl
They are still kits that would need to be installed in the factory headlights.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:20 PM   #6
CodieG95

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWade View Post
They are still kits that would need to be installed in the factory headlights.
well yes, you have to bake the headlights to get past the seal.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:25 AM   #7
Germy2011

Thanks guys,

Yeah i have been on Phastek and been shopping around. Thats crazy. Has anybody actually baked their headlights on here? I saw it on youtube. That shit looks dangerous haha.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:49 AM   #8
CodieG95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germy2011 View Post
Thanks guys,

Yeah i have been on Phastek and been shopping around. Thats crazy. Has anybody actually baked their headlights on here? I saw it on youtube. That shit looks dangerous haha.
i did it myself and it is scary, my only advice is to not leave it in to long or the plastic will start to melt, the first headlight was a pain to open up but once you figure out the best way it gets easier. Other than that just make sure to put a good seal back on so that water doesn't get in in the future.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:04 PM   #9
Germy2011

Quote:
i did it myself and it is scary, my only advice is to not leave it in to long or the plastic will start to melt, the first headlight was a pain to open up but once you figure out the best way it gets easier. Other than that just make sure to put a good seal back on so that water doesn't get in in the future.
Whats up CodieG95,

So how long did you bake it for, 20 Min?

Whats the easiest way to break open the original seal, what tools did you use?
Old 03-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #10
davesnever

Drives: mine
Just use a medium size flat blade screwdriver and the recommended recipe is 20 minutes at 220 degrees preferably on a baking sheet so you are not in direct path of the stove element. You may have to pop them back in for 5 or 10 minutes to reheat a few times cause they cool pretty quick once they are out.There is quite the amount of factory sealant to get through.Trick is to get one of the corners open and then you will find everything goes easier after that.
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:38 PM   #11
CodieG95

a heat gun or a hair dryer could help with not having to put it back into the oven, but i used a flat head screw driver and yes there is quite a bit of factory sealant. After i got the hang of it by getting the first one the second one took me not even half the time. You will probably bend some of the outer plastic housing trying to jam the screw driver in but a little heat and you can bend it back to just about the same.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #12
CodieG95

Also try to get as much of the old sealant out as possible some of it stays together and its easy to pull out but other bits are annoyingy stuck in there, just helps when you create the new seal. also since we don't have a proper spot to stick the halo backs i used some epoxy and stuck the leds to the top and bottom of the housing.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:57 AM   #13
Germy2011

Quote:
Also try to get as much of the old sealant out as possible some of it stays together and its easy to pull out but other bits are annoyingy stuck in there, just helps when you create the new seal. also since we don't have a proper spot to stick the halo backs i used some epoxy and stuck the leds to the top and bottom of the housing.
Hey Codie

I bought the lights, Plasma Blue @ Phastech Gonna try and install them this saturday morning. I have to pull the bumper.... grrr this sounds a pain in the ass. I know that you have already been detailed in the headlights but can you give a me a good list of tools. including gloves, a good sealant, and others for this job. I really want this to go successful, with that want, i know i will have some failure. So please bro, the best advice would be greatly appreciated!! thanks

Germy2011
Old 03-24-2016, 03:52 PM   #14
CodieG95

Honestly i just used a rag or towel to hold it, but gloves would've made it easier. I went and found a decent black silicone gasket maker from a local autozone. be sure to apply enough so that you don't have a break in the seal. Mine just recently got some moisture in from a heavy rain but it seems to be fine now. also some sort of heavy clamps would make life a lot easier when closing them back up. you will also need a drill of sorts for the small hole that you run the wires out of the back. It definitely took me a lot more time than expected but i tend to take my time anyways. the bumper was the biggest pain though. getting some of the bolts in the wheel well were the hardest to get to.

Tags
halo, lights, oracle