Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-07-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
JGS

Drives: 2015 2SS LS3 NPP/1LE/ Red Hot
Help !!!

I was switching to my summer tires , jacked the car , put stock rims on , set the bolts and everything, sparyed a bit of WD 40 ( not to rotor or callipers) , brought car down , and then I can't get to move the car ! ��. feels like if you were trying to start with e break on . of course e break is not on but lever feels weak , maybe the e break line broke while it was on ? what can I do if I can get my car to move not even 1 inch ! . anyone went through this ? it's brand new ! I have 7247 miles

****UPDATE**** : so, after reading all the responses in this thread, I rushed to the dealership today at 6am, armed with two jack stands and a lug wrench, and while car was in there waiting to be serviced (which they told me they would look at around 7am) I switched the drivers tire to the rear and viceversa. Everything is fixed now. I went back inside the dealer to get my key back and explained what I did and they had no clue that rear rims are wider than fronts, just like me .

I feel so silly for not knowing and going through all this but oh well, lesson learned. Now I know even 1LE's have same tire size on all 4 cornes, they do not have same size of rim. There was pretty much no damage done except for a small rim rash to the inside of the rim and a slightly scratched shock which of course they cant be seen.

I would like to thank everybody who helped me on this thread to find out my problem and I really appreciate your input.

Oh and by the way, when I called onstar for the roadside assistance and asked for my cell number, I told them my cellphone is broken ( Dropped a few days ago and I am currently phone shopping) and they credited 30 minutes to my account while I find a new phone. I think that was a nice gesture.
Attached Images

Last edited by JGS; 03-08-2016 at 08:54 AM.
JGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #2
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Any chance the offset from front to rear could be it? Meaning hitting a caliper or something with the wrong rim on front or rear? Try lifting each wheel & see which is causing the issue? I assume you had these on before?
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:14 PM   #3
Matt8892

Drives: 2010 2ss RS. White (RIP) 2012 LS3
How much gas did you give it? Mine did this recently and when I gave it a little gas I heard something pop in the rear end and all has been good since. I think my e brake was sticking.
Matt8892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:51 PM   #4
JGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
Any chance the offset from front to rear could be it? Meaning hitting a caliper or something with the wrong rim on front or rear? Try lifting each wheel & see which is causing the issue? I assume you had these on before?
I thought maybe I did a wrong set up, but the ILE's have same saize all around and even says which side each tire belongs. I gave it a few gas to get it to move but it squeaks a lot, exactly if I had e-break on. I feel I will break something if I try it really hard
Old 03-07-2016, 05:53 PM   #5
JGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8892 View Post
How much gas did you give it? Mine did this recently and when I gave it a little gas I heard something pop in the rear end and all has been good since. I think my e brake was sticking.
Gave it gas till it move, but as soon as it moves it squeaks and the amount of gas to get it to move its just a lot
Old 03-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #6
backbaconrules

Drives: 2011 LT Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGS View Post
I thought maybe I did a wrong set up, but the ILE's have same saize all around and even says which side each tire belongs. I gave it a few gas to get it to move but it squeaks a lot, exactly if I had e-break on. I feel I will break something if I try it really hard
Same size all around but are you rubbing on the calipers?

Why are you switching before May long weekend? You have hexed us now
backbaconrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #7
rebelx

Drives: 2010 silver procharged camaro 2ss
Had same problem! Found e brake cable starting to seize !
rebelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #8
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Definitely sounds like the brakes are seized. To isolate the ebrake as the issue, jack on one side, put the trans in neutral, and try to spin the rear wheel. Try the same with the front. If the front turns, then the problem is the rear. Not sure why a car with 7K miles should be seizing up. Did you do anything with the brakes while changing the tires?
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:01 PM   #9
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Very unusual for that new for the cable to seize but if no wheel is grabbing anywhere really is the only thing left.. .. Maybe the jack or stand got the cable when it was on and crushed it somehow so it won't release?
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #10
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
If all else fails, put the original wheels back on and see if it moves
Old 03-07-2016, 08:21 PM   #11
JGS

So I called road side , and they sent a flat bed , while loading , all tires were rolling fine except front drivers side . grind drivers side wheel had to be dragged to get to flat bed . I don't really know what could have gone wrong , I have changed my own tires like 4 or 5 times on my previous as and second time on this one . I did absolutely nothing to breaks , just unscrewed tire off then stock rim on and that's all .
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2016, 08:24 PM   #12
JGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbaconrules View Post
Same size all around but are you rubbing on the calipers?

Why are you switching before May long weekend? You have hexed us now
I checked caliper for clearance or even something stocked and nothing 😭. I guess my optimistic side for weather show up 😁
Old 03-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #13
JGS

now is at dealership , I hope they can find out what's happening and I'll keep updated as soon as I hear from them
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #14
DILLIGAF

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6 Rapid Blue
very strange, however you said the tires are all the same size. while that is true, the wheels are wider in back. 10 inch wide front wheels, 11 inch wide rear wheels, all with 285 wide tires. is it possible you put a rear wheel on the front and it is rubbing?