Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-15-2016, 10:45 PM   #1
skongolf

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Black Vert
J Pipes on 2011 SS Vert

So I was thinking about putting on J Pipes either from Solo or having an exhaust shop make some as my Flowmaster exhaust drones like crazy around 2000 rpms especially when kicking back and forth between AFM. But tonight I went and looked under the car and have no clue how they would fit with the Flowmasters that are on their now. There is no way there is enough room. I looked at the Solo axle back and understand that by there being no mufflers before the tips the j pipes fit but with my current set up what would be my options? I like the sound of the set up I have now but hate the drone. I am posting a pic to try and get some ideas or get some feedback on what others have done. The pick is of the drivers side. also curious to see if anyone knows what Flowmasters I have. They are black and about 18-20" long.
Attached Images

skongolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
I made some but have the round outlaw mufflers so no fitment issues. I have seen only one pic of someone doing it with ese mufflers and they somehow made them to fit above the mufflers
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:30 AM   #3
skongolf

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Black Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
I made some but have the round outlaw mufflers so no fitment issues. I have seen only one pic of someone doing it with ese mufflers and they somehow made them to fit above the mufflers
Is there anyway you could post a pic if you get time?
skongolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:37 PM   #4
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by skongolf View Post
Is there anyway you could post a pic if you get time?
I saw it somewhere here but been awhile. With those big rectangular mufflers you have no room. I recall they weld before the mufflers and arc over and sit above them in a circular or 180 degree shape
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote