Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #1
vince3

Drives: Hyper Blue 16' M6 1ss
How crowed is Royal Purple Raceway on Friday nights?

We have good weather this weekend and was thinking about heading out to Baytown but was wondering how large the crowds are. Anyone been out there lately?
vince3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #2
jamminj007

Drives: 2016 Camaro Black 2SS, 69 Camaro
Packed! Full of trucks
Old 05-09-2016, 04:32 PM   #3
vince3

Drives: Hyper Blue 16' M6 1ss
yep. one lane was closed Friday too! Royal Purple raceway is horrible.
vince3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #4
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince3 View Post
yep. one lane was closed Friday too! Royal Purple raceway is horrible.
you be lucky to get 2 runs in the whole night!

Not sure why you don't join Htown camaro club.. We do stuff like this all the time we rented royal purple all day for 125.00 a person its been rescheduled for march or april due to rain.. West houston muscle has a day coming up in a few weeks at Hennessy place for like 40.00 bucks.

We also have road course events.. should look us up..

Big Chevy appreciation dec 10 at classic sugarland with the club and others, we get good deals on parts at that dealer and good vehicle pricing when your a member aswell.

if it wasn't gonna rain this weekend Dec 3.. we would be at Royal Purple.. powerfab, KPracing and Jrod all of our sponsors..were all going to do the event with us they usually offer a lot of good advice and help at these track days.

If your not busy thursday nights we hang out at 10 and westgren behind texas boarders restaurant an park in the back lot will eat at borders or on the patio brewskie's usually a lot good camaros.. the first thurday of every month we are at 5 guys on 10 and fry. You will catch a few of us at Ottos BBq in stafford on Saturday night they all ways have a show, we also do all the HPD events at twinpeaks or coffee n cars at memorial or woodlands..

look forward to seeing you..

BTW

ON facebook look up H-town camaro club... or we have a website both places there are links for applications or just message the group!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:35 PM   #5
Migueeela93

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6 Mosaic Black
Hell yeah, just sent a request to join h-town camaro club on fb.
Migueeela93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:53 PM   #6
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Awesome hope to see ya soon at an event.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 12-14-2016, 01:30 AM   #7
Blown67

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2017 HBM ZL1
I'll have to look y'all up as well. Do your do many road course events? I've never raced a road course, but if I get a 1LE I'd hate to never touch a track with it. Only tracks I'm familiar with are MSR and one in Hitchcock but MSR is like $600/day to run isn't it?
Blown67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #8
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

If your real serious about road racing stuff look up Baylor camaro here and chris chreech once you join h town fb page he does it every week he was the clubs president and vp.. he had a zl1 now uses a C7 but we still allow him to hang lol.. but he is great guy he can get you any info you want on road course events.

Yes we do atleast 2 a year at Grand sport and we do several at the police training ground near humble. We are also invited to come out w other groups often atleast 10 to 15 chances a year for road course and atleast 5 to 8 chance to royal purple and Hennessy track through our club, club sponsors like powerfab and kpracing.. we have one coming up quick that west houston muscle is hosting for like 40 bucks a lot of them have camaros but most have a mixture of everything. For a local club we get a lot of recognition especially since mike Lee is a moderator here and c5 and helps get the word out c fests.. latest camaro news, and events. He does a great job keeping the club and camaro enthusiasts informed.

Cool things we do..

Cruise and stay in same hotel at c5 fest
Cruise to ft worth to TMS
Kids harbor car show at keham boardwalk
Cruise to the picket house chicken fry great food
Corvette chevy show in Galveston at convention center
Autorama carshow in George r brown
All the coffee n cars just about every weekend in woodlands, katy, or memorial city mall
Royal purple 2x
Grandsport 2x
Hennessy 2x
Join the porche clubs for police academy
Cruise to tms for charity Laps I got to 140 on the oval
We always meet for dinner Thursday night behind texas borders off 10 and westgren in katy and 5 guys 1st Thursday every month.
We do something every weekend maybe a dyno. For instance at kpracing we will have a pig roast for new years eve party.

If ya can't find anything with fun with our club then I dknow lol

If yall join the club by Jan 15 the club pays for a few events and it's like half price to do race events club turns that 300 to 120 or 150 to compete pretty much get your money back joining.

My wife is membership director email her at

Metcalfam@msn.com or you can find info on your own at...

http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/

Of on FB H-town camaro club.. like the page there is also post to find info..

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 12-14-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:40 PM   #9
Blown67

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2017 HBM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
If your real serious about road racing stuff look up Baylor camaro here and chris chreech once you join h town fb page he does it every week he was the clubs president and vp.. he had a zl1 now uses a C7 but we still allow him to hang lol.. but he is great guy he can get you any info you want on road course events.

Yes we do atleast 2 a year at Grand sport and we do several at the police training ground near humble. We are also invited to come out w other groups often atleast 10 to 15 chances a year for road course and atleast 5 to 8 chance to royal purple and Hennessy track through our club, club sponsors like powerfab and kpracing.. we have one coming up quick that west houston muscle is hosting for like 40 bucks a lot of them have camaros but most have a mixture of everything. For a local club we get a lot of recognition especially since mike Lee is a moderator here and c5 and helps get the word out c fests.. latest camaro news, and events. He does a great job keeping the club and camaro enthusiasts informed.

Cool things we do..

Cruise and stay in same hotel at c5 fest
Cruise to ft worth to TMS
Kids harbor car show at keham boardwalk
Cruise to the picket house chicken fry great food
Corvette chevy show in Galveston at convention center
Autorama carshow in George r brown
All the coffee n cars just about every weekend in woodlands, katy, or memorial city mall
Royal purple 2x
Grandsport 2x
Hennessy 2x
Join the porche clubs for police academy
Cruise to tms for charity Laps I got to 140 on the oval
We always meet for dinner Thursday night behind texas borders off 10 and westgren in katy and 5 guys 1st Thursday every month.
We do something every weekend maybe a dyno. For instance at kpracing we will have a pig roast for new years eve party.

If ya can't find anything with fun with our club then I dknow lol

If yall join the club by Jan 15 the club pays for a few events and it's like half price to do race events club turns that 300 to 120 or 150 to compete pretty much get your money back joining.

My wife is membership director email her at

Metcalfam@msn.com or you can find info on your own at...

http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/

Of on FB H-town camaro club.. like the page there is also post to find info..

Thanks for the info, I already joined on the facebook page, but not the full paid member yet. I definitely look forward to meeting yall eventuall, do you ever do anything in the clear lake or near areas? My only Camaro at the moment is a 67 which is not a friendly street car....i still can drive it on the street if i plan my route along gas stations and open parkinglots for breakdowns lol.

With all the track stuff yall do, does anyone offer On-track insurance? One of my biggest hangups about racing (from what I read you dont call it racing) a new vehicle is the risk of having payments on a $50K pile of parts. Ive seen stuff about HPDE stuff, but not sure how that works...I really like the looks of the 1LE and want the track capability, but Id miss the interior features of the 2SS, so I think Ive decided to get a ZL1 when I can afford it. My thing is though, why have a 650HP car if you never get to use it for what it was designed, hence my question about protecting it on a track like MSR or similar

BTW...to get the cash for what GM wants on that ZL1, I gotta sell some stuff so if anyone is interested in a newer 22' Offshore boat or rifles, let me know
Blown67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:53 PM   #10
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Grand sport isn't to far and we have the keham car show we put on. We will sometimes go to the home depot off near nada or bombshells. Our holiday party is at the boardwalk aswell.