Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-07-2016, 10:48 PM   #1
Ponchonutty

Drives: 2012 SS L99 Converible
Sct x4 question

Hello. Those of you using this tuner maybe you can help me with this question. I bought a used tuner that says I can't use the preloaded tune. It shows JRE CAI 91 and JRE CAI 415 which I assume is custom stuff. I'm only running CAI and axel back. How can I get the correct tune I need? I was hoping just to get a preloaded one since I'm going to get crazy with this. Mainly just want to liven it up a bit and cancel the AFM.
Ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:54 AM   #2
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
You need to make sure the tuner isn't married to another car for you to use it. It should tell you when you hook it up. You can't use tunes for other cars in your car, only the SCT canned tunes. Not all turners come with these. Some tuners need custom tunes. Contact some of the remote tuners on this site, they can help you out.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #3
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I would suspect the "JRE" on the tune names stands for Jannetty Racing Equipment, who were probably the ones who wrote the custom tunes for the previous owner. I would go to their website http://www.jannettyracing.com/ and contact them as to what you need to do.

Do NOT attempt to download the files that are on the SCT unit. You need a tune specifically for your car. I'm sure Jannetty can advise you as to what you need to do.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:07 PM   #4
Ponchonutty

Ok. Thanks. I was also thinking the same for JRE. It is unmarried and says I have 6 tunes left. I haven't erased any tunes yet. I will wait until JRE or some other tuner gets back to me
Old 05-08-2016, 11:14 PM   #5
LS7 427
10.11 @ 136.32

Drives: Black & Yellow 2SS/RS LPE LS7 427
Open the updater software, select the two JRE files and remove them from the tuner using the prompts. They are just the previous owners tune files and are simply being stored in the SCT X4.

If the X4 says its unmarried then your in good shape. You could contact JRE if your interested and they can send a custom tune to you for your CAI, AFM, transmission and just generally wake the car up.

Built, Tuned and Maintained By........
LS7 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:16 AM   #6
Ponchonutty

Yup pm and message off their site have already been sent