Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-21-2016, 01:25 PM   #1
Jokersmoker7

Drives: 2014 camaro 2ls
Gen5Diy 2014 RS Taillight harness problem

Hey guys so just last year i had gotten RS taillights for my 2014 2ls camaro. I had ordered the harness off of Gen5diy. I did the install and everything turned out great but a couple months later i found a problem. At night when i would turn on the right or left turning signals they would flash really fast and it only happened when my foot was on the brake. I contacted gen5 and they sent out a new harness. Now 5 months later im getting the same problem again. It happens only at night and when i press the brakes as soon as i release the brakes it starts to flash normally. What can i do? Im pretty sure the harness is out of warranty.
Jokersmoker7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Do you have a problem with how fast they are blinking? Your lights are still working/blinking, no? I wouldnt sweat it. But thats just me. Good luck.
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:30 PM   #3
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Do both the front and rear signal lights flash when braking? I think typically when the blinkers blink faster than normal it is because one of the lights is out. I have no idea about the wiring in this car but perhaps the signal for the brake lights is interfering with one of the blinker lights (the rear?) and is reducing current to the blinker, making it seem like an open circuit/bad bulb. Not sure why this would be the case after a few months though... Just a thought.
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:28 PM   #4
CamaroFreak626

Drives: 2010 camaro ss LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Do both the front and rear signal lights flash when braking? I think typically when the blinkers blink faster than normal it is because one of the lights is out. I have no idea about the wiring in this car but perhaps the signal for the brake lights is interfering with one of the blinker lights (the rear?) and is reducing current to the blinker, making it seem like an open circuit/bad bulb. Not sure why this would be the case after a few months though... Just a thought.
I'm having the exact same problem in my 2014 ss I got the non rs and bought the rs tail lights plus the harness everything works fine except for the signals but only when foot is on the brake pedal if I have the left turn signal with foot on the pedal it'll make both tail lights flash as if I had my hazards on and if I turn on my right turn signal with foot on brake pedal it'll stop flashing at just stay still idk what is wrong here but I bet it's the wiring from the harness
CamaroFreak626 is offline   Reply With Quote