Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-04-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
GreenAndWhiteRanger

Drives: 2014 2SS Convertible
Accident :(

Just got this car two weeks ago.

Driving around on an abnormally nice Michigan November day with the top down....

AND

Of course some guy decides to pull out into oncoming traffic, officer decided I was not at fault and wrote the other guy a ticket.

How bad would you guys consider this damage to be?
Would my insurance total it?
Attached Images

GreenAndWhiteRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
No way it's even close to being totaled. $3-4K is my guess if it's just body parts (no under-carriage damage). Maybe a bit more.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #3
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Agree. As long as the frame isn't bent it shouldn't be too bad. doesn't look like any airbags deployed. That'swhere it gets costly. Friend of mine got in a minor fender bender barely a dent in his bumper, airbags went off 5k to replace insurance wrote it off (older sunfire).
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:04 PM   #4
GreenAndWhiteRanger

Drives: 2014 2SS Convertible
Thanks. That's what I was thinking but I have never been in an accident so no idea. Driver airbag did deploy though.
GreenAndWhiteRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #5
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Oh yeah, there gonna fix that right up. The insurance should wave your deductible since the other guy was given the ticket and determined to be at fault.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #6
Artifice

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
My condolences
some drunk driver hit my parked car last week. Not a pretty sight, insurance says it can be fixed good as new. Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Artifice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:41 PM   #7
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
My condolences
some drunk driver hit my parked car last week. Not a pretty sight, insurance says it can be fixed good as new. Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sucks man, to you and OP. Off topic note; I dig your wheels haha.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:46 PM   #8
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
New LF fender, new front bumper and grill,repair hood repaint unlikely; hood has creased and buckled in pic. on right side? hard to tell sideways.... Behind bumpers are usually shock absorbing honeycomb, under the bumper a air dam, fasteners and wiring have to be looked at and the condition of the halos ,and then you should get diminished value so yes it adds up when a air bag goes off that's $. Just think it may need inner fender wells, it may need those fasteners, it may have tweaked or broke something so check everything yourself also as a crash does cause a shock to a car.

Heck I had a ex fly over a embankment and hit a tree in a 65 impala wagon she slid on black ice driving twisties on the way home when she should not have gone that way that fast. Anyway she went off road kind of high centered as she hit a tree...and then it tilted up like crazy as she was oh about ten feet away from a in ground back yard pool....about 20 feet down...Anyway it broke the motor and tranny mounts and that's about it did not even bite the radiator , I just had to replace the front bumper and the mounts. the engine tends to go forward in hard accidents your engine mounts and trans mounts should be inspected also along with the well everything..
exhaust ,suspension......

Tough friggin shagging wagon my grand parents bought in Orchid with a 12 bolt, 327 fuelie heads and powerglide..... Thing was a tank, they took out a horse with it in Mexico on the freeway had to get body work done ASAP as its a crime down there so the story goes, I stripped it to bare metal did rust repair did zero rust undercoating/primer made it candy apple..350/350 oh the memories of that barge..sold it like others but ran it for many years in the stable and they bored that 327 twice driving it so much. Just rambling on here have a good one and get diminished value some to make up for this accident! Good Luck!
Old 11-04-2016, 06:56 PM   #9
8balldeluxe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Victory Red
$5000 is a good estimate, I see about $3500 surface roughly but I'm adding $1500 for what's unseen just as a contingency.
Speed Engineering Headers w/ Texas Speed HFC's ~ Flowmaster 2 1/2" cat back w/Flowmaster Super 10's ~ Cold Air Inductions Intake w/ Scoop and WW relocate ~ VMAX CNC Spiral PTB ~ Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/Hawk pads ~ ZL1 Spoiler ~ SCTX4 RDP Tuned
8balldeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:02 PM   #10
gen5dewy

Drives: 2015 Black 2SS/RS
hope the guy had insurance. that really sucks man, hope shes back on the road soon
gen5dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:27 PM   #11
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
So many automobile physical damage experts here on camaro5.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:35 PM   #12
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen5dewy View Post
hope the guy had insurance. that really sucks man, hope shes back on the road soon
Michigan is a no fault state, so it doesn't matter if the other guy has insurance, you got to have insurance, your insurance pays to fix your car.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:40 PM   #13
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Sorry to see guys. :(

Glad everyone's ok.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:25 PM   #14
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
So many automobile physical damage experts here on camaro5.
That and the number of engine break-in procedure gurus.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote