Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
dhammis

Drives: 2LT/RS Transformers Edition
Question 2LT TE without RS package

Howdy all!

I started lurking around here about a week ago after a few things fell into place to allow me to get a new Camaro. The wife agreed that I could get one if I sold my Harley and the carseats fit so the kids could get into it if need be. Last week we stopped off with the carseats and the kids and put them into a black 1LT and they fit. The next step for me is selling the Harley, which is in process.

I'm planning on getting the 2LT with the TE package but without the RS package. I was wondering if anyone here has this type of setup. I understand the RS package is pretty much an appearance package but I can't seem to find pictures that show the difference between the two, especially with the TE package on it. If anyone has pictures of theirs with this or a similar setup (really just the 2LT with and without the RS package) that they could post that would be great. I've searched through the forums and while my searching skills aren't the best I can't say I've been successful.

This will be my first sports car and I can't wait to get the process rolling on it. I'll probably be popping in from time to time once my order is placed and just to read other's experiences. This car will be my daily driver here in Texas so it should be pretty sweet.

Thanks in advance all.

--D
dhammis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Here's a picture of my 2lt, polished wheels & stripes, no RS package. Daily driver, I wanted all season tires. roads get slippery up here in the northeast I preferred the "old school" look of the standard headlights anyway. I did add the rear spoiler though.

Last edited by R6P; 10-15-2009 at 02:33 PM.
R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Well, the term TE you are using is a first for me, what are you talking about? I have a 2LT/RS but if I knew what you ment by TE, I might be able to help. but between the standard 2LT and one without the RS, as far as the outside goes, you would have 19"s insted of 20's, REGULAR lights, not HID's and Halo's, No real spoiler, and the tails would be the standard color.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Here is a pic of my 2LT w/ the RS package, and sunroof. IMHO if you can swing it opt for the RS package (Spoiler, 20" wheels, and the halo headlamps).

Old 10-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Well, the term TE you are using is a first for me, what are you talking about? I have a 2LT/RS but if I knew what you ment by TE, I might be able to help.
Transformer Edition
R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
You will not get the Halo Lights, you will not get the 20 inch Midnight wheels, you will not get the Spoiler, and you will not get the reverse ditch molding on the hood if you go with a straight Transformers Edition Package... Where is Frisco, TX anyways?
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #7
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
Is "TE Package" the Transformer's Edition?

The LT RS package has different headlights (HID), the rear spoiler, body-color ditch moulding on the roof (instead of black) and different wheels with summer tires (20").

I bought the 2LT with RS because of the HID headlights and the spoiler. The ditch moulding didn't matter to me and I did NOT want the 20" wheels/tires. So I swapped them with the standard 2LT 19" wheels.

EDIT: WOW! 5 answers in less than 1 minute!

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
Cody

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I have the 2LT w/ no RS package and it's fine to me! The only thing I want out of the RS package is the HID lights b/c I already put an aftermarket spoiler on.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
NoUCantDriveIt

Drives: 2SS RS M6 CGM/Black Rally
Teddy, how did you swap for the standard 2LT 19" wheels? Was it part of the order, or something you and your dealer worked out when you took delivery? Was there any price change?
NoUCantDriveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
dhammis

Drives: 2LT/RS Transformers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
You will not get the Halo Lights, you will not get the 20 inch Midnight wheels, you will not get the Spoiler, and you will not get the reverse ditch molding on the hood if you go with a straight Transformers Edition Package... Where is Frisco, TX anyways?

Frisco, TX is just north of Dallas

What is the reverse ditch molding? The hoods look the same to me from the pictures that are posted.
dhammis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
Transformer Edition
DUH, where was my head at!! LOL Tahnks.

For dhammis, I personally could not imagine getting the TE without the RS, or any LT for that matter without the RS. I would post some up, but all my good pics are at home.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhammis View Post
Frisco, TX is just north of Dallas

What is the reverse ditch molding? The hoods look the same to me from the pictures that are posted.
If you look at the top of the car, from front to back on each side, there is ditch moulding that is BLACK, but on the RS package it the same color as the rest of the car.

and the wheels are different, look close
Old 10-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #13
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
I'm not sure where the info about "hood" ditch molding came from. It is ROOF ditch molding. In the first pic, you can see the black molding along the edge of the roof above the door. That's non-RS molding. RS molding is painted body color and is less visible.

I bought a take-off set of the 19" wheels and tires off eBay and installed them. I am trading my 20" wheels for some parts and selling the tires. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of the 20" wheels/tires on the market and the price is pretty darn low. Not that many 19's for sale, so the price is still up (I paid $1400 delivered for the full set of 4 with 5 miles on 'em).

My only pic of my car with the new wheels is a full side shot, so it doesn't show any of the RS features except the spoiler.

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I hope you wanted Rally Yellow, because that's the only color you can get the Transformer's Edition package with.

Here's some comparison photos, the SS has the RS package, the LT does not. NOTE: The LT is not a TE package car but is similar to what you get with the package, minus the autobot logos on the outside.
Attached Images