Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-25-2017, 03:16 PM   #1
William.23

Drives: 2011 Summit White.
Exclamation Side-markers OUT? Help! *Updated

Hey guys hopefully you can help me out here.

So it was raining the other day, and I kind of ran into a decent sized puddle of water. I dodged hitting it directly, but still hit it on the side of the water and BAM! Splashed on the passenger side pretty hard(This was at night already, so all my lights were on [fogs, etc])

Good size splash. Get home and don't notice it. Until I get out later that night and find my sidemarkers (Front) aren't on. As well as my fog lights...

Fog lights FIXED** - It was a loose cable.

Point-- Side Markers -- I changed out the LED bulbs to the factory halogens and then with some newer LED bulbs. Didn't work.

That's where I'm stuck not sure what to do.

The rear side markers (red) work. It's just the front (amber) don't turn on at all....

If anyone can help me zero in the problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Last edited by William.23; 02-28-2017 at 02:10 PM.
William.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #2
William.23

Bump??
Old 03-07-2017, 03:07 PM   #3
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects
Not sure if this will help, but try flipping the LED's. LEDs, being diodes, will only allow current to flow in one direction. Positive in negative out. And when there’s no current-flow, there’s no light. So flipping them will make them work if there is nothing else wrong with the wiring. Also check the fuse. I looked in the 2011 owners manual to see if I could find you the fuse number and location, but there is none listed. Sounds as if you will have to get another member to answer that or call the dealership.

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260

Last edited by Stewart; 03-07-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #4
William.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
Not sure if this will help, but try flipping the LED's. LEDs, being diodes, will only allow current to flow in one direction. Positive in negative out. And when there’s no current-flow, there’s no light. So flipping them will make them work if there is nothing else wrong with the wiring. Also check the fuse. I looked in the 2011 owners manual to see if I could find you the fuse number and location, but there is none listed. Sounds as if you will have to get another member to answer that or call the dealership.
Woop I'll definitely try that out my man. I appreciate the feed back (: and I'll let you know if anything!!
Old 03-08-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.23 View Post
Woop I'll definitely try that out my man. I appreciate the feed back (: and I'll let you know if anything!!
Hope it works. If you do find out what fuse is used let me know that as well. Thank you

Old 03-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #6
William.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
Hope it works. If you do find out what fuse is used let me know that as well. Thank you
Hey Stewart.

So I got it figured out. It wasn't any type of fuse. I guess it lost its connection over time with the vibrating, or the metal wasn't conducting right.

Anyways, I took out the LED bulbs and bent the metal pins slightly outward and wiggled them in little by little and as soon as I did. Bam, the light turned on. Then I pushed it in firmly and it worked. And is still working.

Did this like 4 days ago and still working. So I'm sure I fixed the problem already.

Thanks again (:
Old 03-17-2017, 07:47 AM   #7
Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.23 View Post
Hey Stewart.

So I got it figured out. It wasn't any type of fuse. I guess it lost its connection over time with the vibrating, or the metal wasn't conducting right.

Anyways, I took out the LED bulbs and bent the metal pins slightly outward and wiggled them in little by little and as soon as I did. Bam, the light turned on. Then I pushed it in firmly and it worked. And is still working.

Did this like 4 days ago and still working. So I'm sure I fixed the problem already.

Thanks again (:
Awesome glad you were able to figure it out and an easy fix to boot.