Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-18-2017, 07:40 AM   #1
jman123

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Need help with agp kit issue

hi guys. When I installed my kit I think I might have forgotten to zip tie the wires that run next to the transmission. It clearly said it on the instructions but I think I didn't take that step into considerations and got ahead of myself. Ever since the car was finished it like if something was burning(plastic). I thought it was part of the break in process where chemicals and stuff was being burnt out of the exhaust and hot parts. The smell continued but I became immune to it and didn't notice it for a while. Now my car loses power steering gauges go nuts abs goes check engine light comes on traction control light comes on. It's a damn mess. I don't know if it might be those wires, or something else? Need help guys. Thanks! (Trying to get this fixed so I can do ARP head studs and a head gasket so I can up the boost RIP) lol
AGP Twin turbo kit, base 54/57 Borg Warner turbos, TSP stage 4 N/A cam, AGP twin 430lph e85 pump fuel system w/ flex fuel sensor, 1000cc FIC injectors, Grimm speed manual boost controller. (830 rwhp 778 rwtq @ 15.5 psi)
jman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:07 AM   #2
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
That's really the only major harness that's near hot parts on this kit. I would get it up in the air and see if you can check to see if the pass side manifold adapter is burning it up. I wrapped mine in heat wrap and raised it up with a metal strap and haven't had any issues. I know there were a couple people that had the same issue.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
I would put the car on a lift or jack stands and then check the harness on the passenger side,
Old 05-18-2017, 09:12 AM   #4
Moreair1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff657756 View Post
That's really the only major harness that's near hot parts on this kit. I would get it up in the air and see if you can check to see if the pass side manifold adapter is burning it up. I wrapped mine in heat wrap and raised it up with a metal strap and haven't had any issues. I know there were a couple people that had the same issue.
I did the same thing and installing heat wrap in multiple places
Old 05-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #5
jman123

What consist of the harness next to the tranny? And is it replaceable? Because I'm sure mine is toast. Literally........
AGP Twin turbo kit, base 54/57 Borg Warner turbos, TSP stage 4 N/A cam, AGP twin 430lph e85 pump fuel system w/ flex fuel sensor, 1000cc FIC injectors, Grimm speed manual boost controller. (830 rwhp 778 rwtq @ 15.5 psi)
Old 05-18-2017, 09:50 AM   #6
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
First off dude, don't mean to beat you up (I know you're doing that already), but why didn't you take action as soon as you smelled it? You put a lot of $$ and sweat equity into that, to get it back up and double check your work is too small an effort to ignore. Enough of the obvious.

I would guess you do have an electrical issue, possibly a short or ground issue. A short could definitely be caused by melting wires.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
Moreair1

Is it replaceable yes but it will be a pita, if your lucky you will be able to salvage the harness but on that note there have been a couple people that have done the same thing and had to replace the harness but they did it while the motor was out i believe, so good luck man and now you just need to crawl under and check out the where the damage is and how bad
Old 05-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #8
hillshooter

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS commemorative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreair1 View Post
Is it replaceable yes but it will be a pita, if your lucky you will be able to salvage the harness but on that note there have been a couple people that have done the same thing and had to replace the harness but they did it while the motor was out i believe, so good luck man and now you just need to crawl under and check out the where the damage is and how bad
and stop driving the car. you are going to have a short between wires AND/OR a short to ground giving you intermittent sporadic issues unrelated to the actual wires burnt. it will only get worse and cause additional problems.
hillshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:07 PM   #9
jman123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
First off dude, don't mean to beat you up (I know you're doing that already), but why didn't you take action as soon as you smelled it? You put a lot of $$ and sweat equity into that, to get it back up and double check your work is too small an effort to ignore. Enough of the obvious.

I would guess you do have an electrical issue, possibly a short or ground issue. A short could definitely be caused by melting wires.
I thought the smell had gone away. I've been under there more times that I can count... So no I wasn't ignoring it, I just adjusted to the smell and didn't even notice it after a week after the build was done. When I was able to smell it, it was with less than 100miles after the build was complete and thought it was just stuff from all the pipes that was being burned out
Old 05-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #10
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman123 View Post
I thought the smell had gone away. I've been under there more times that I can count... So no I wasn't ignoring it, I just adjusted to the smell and didn't even notice it after a week after the build was done. When I was able to smell it, it was with less than 100miles after the build was complete and thought it was just stuff from all the pipes that was being burned out
I know exactly what you mean. There is an smell associated with the new install of the kit. And it did go away after about 1,000 miles. But I also noticed an really strong oil smell and it was due to the way I had the AGP supplied catch can hooked up. I rerouted to include a vacuum source and that smell went away too. Now it just un-catted exhaust smell.

But the other issues you are complaining of is something completely different. Good luck hopefully you caught it soon enough!
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote