Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
MjrStfy

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro V6 2LT RS
I feel targeted :Rant

Friday night coming home from work the car next to me decides he/her wants to have the lane that I'm in after we both made a right turn the Honda goes into the lane next to the yellow divider, I turn into the lane closet to the curb which I believe is the legal and safetest way to make a right turn. The Honda slows down I'm speeding up. We are pretty much side by side and the Honda starts to veer into my lane I gun it to pass the (p.o.s.) blue Honda that the clear coat was faded and flaking off. Look back into the rear view mirror and they make an illegal U turn. 😭 I feel pretty lucky I wasn't hit as they probably didn't have insurance by the looks of the car.

Yesterday drove over to my dad's house on the way back home I get into the left turn lane, the lights green and some douche bag decides they got to have the lane, no turn signal at all, I'm slightly next to their rear bumper in the left turn lane. I had to slam onto the brakes locking the wheels up avoiding an accident. I miss the light that they made and continue on their merry old way. I sit at the light cursing and shaking my head. Again I feel lucky but pissed I almost got into another accident from a careless driver.
MjrStfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #2
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Targeted? No. Just another day driving, trying not to have a vehicle that you care about hit.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
ndtguy
^ Me. Things I write ~>

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to ndtguy
You live in Southern California. When we were down there on vacation, I saw so many bad drivers. There is a lot not far from Disney that is just loaded with wrecked cars. So it doesn't surprise me. That and the fact that most moron drivers in Vegas have a California tag, it doesn't surprise me at all.

My JKU (14 Wrangler 4 door) was 'tagged' in the hotel parking lot. Luckily it was just the stock bumper which gave and popped back into place. The coating on the bumper is textured but the other car's paint cleaned off with a little bit of magic. All done in the parking lot. Now, the minivan that hit me (who thought s/he was cute by moving to another spot but didn't realize the mark was on their toyota minivan) isn't going to have the same luck. It really screwed up the paint on their bumper.

Seriously though, be safe and drive defensively and I totally understand your pain.

New DD: 2010 Camaro SS L99/A6 - bone stock.

Gone but not forgotten...
- 2001 Camaro SS m6 - SLP lid, free ram-air mod, poly sway bar bushings/end links, BMR springs and bilsteins.

- 1998 Trans Am m6, forged 347, T70;alky-water injection; intercooled, 208/230 .549/.579 121LSA, Moser 12 bolt, 561rwhp/611rwtq.
ndtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #4
MjrStfy

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro V6 2LT RS
D'land I try to avoid at all cost lol. I've seen people make a right hand turn from the left turn lane crossing over 3 or 4 lanes of traffic !

I drive by knots Berry Fram every day and I've never seen idiots like you do by Disneyland maybe all the idiots are related to Mickey Mouse or Goofey ?
MjrStfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:51 PM   #5
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I hear SoCal is like driving in the NE. In Boston, if you lock eyes, that means that you are giving the person permission to cut you off. In DC they'll just cut you off, brake check you and tell you you're number 1 because you were in their way.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:14 PM   #6
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
So Cal is bad. The shear number of cars make it difficult. And then throw in every stupid kid trying to drive and text at the same time.

But every summer I go to Miami Beach and when I return to LA it is a pleasure to drive. So FLA is just pure insanity. One time on the 95, I realized that there were 5 cars driving abreast on a four lane freeway.

Stay safe everybody!

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:20 PM   #7
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
yeah floriduh is bad too.i wanted to kill some woman weaving through traffic at 85 mph on i-4 last saturday.if there was room for her car she would make the weave everytime.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:05 PM   #8
Reddog1982

Drives: 2012 L99 2SS
Double turn lanes are the worst. People love to change lanes as they turn and usually don't even realize they did it.
Reddog1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #9
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
CA has some stupid laws. If someone cuts you off and your front bumper is behind their B pillar, you are at fault for not yielding and giving them space. If your front bumper is forward of their B pillar, the other car is at fault. Moral of the story, always speed up when someone cuts you off and hit forward of their B pillar.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #10
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
i live 15 min with no traffic from Disney.
people here are just asshole. i have people cut me off slam on there brakes make illegal u-turns all the time. you will get people trying insurance scams but there to stupid to do them right.
like fly past you be 9-15 cars in front and slam on there brakes and wait to see if you hit them. pufff we saw you like a city block away right like im going to drive a block up the road and hit your stopped car.........
the deeper you go in to city of orange the worse it get and Anaheim the roads are old and were not build wide enough so some times you have to go 2-5 miles down the road before you can make a u-turn at a light the rest have signs every where telling you cant.

thats just how it is in cali. you got the insurance scammers. the stupid. people on there phones. people high out of there minds. people in a hurry to work. the to soon Jr drivers
and many many more.

might i suggest for a fun time in cali. just set up in a parking lot and watch people try to navigate a parking lot. its a fun sport and some times you see a accident that defies the laws of physics
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:45 PM   #11
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
yeah floriduh is bad too.i wanted to kill some woman weaving through traffic at 85 mph on i-4 last saturday.if there was room for her car she would make the weave everytime.
I-4.

That sentence says it all.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:25 PM   #12
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
yes,and anytime i go to the beach or a concert guess which road i have to drive on.im notorious in my family for getting up at 500 a.m.so i can get off 1-4 before the traffic starts,and leaving daytona at 9 p.m. to avoid the traffic on the way home.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:50 PM   #13
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
i live 15 min with no traffic from Disney.
people here are just asshole. i have people cut me off slam on there brakes make illegal u-turns all the time. you will get people trying insurance scams but there to stupid to do them right.
like fly past you be 9-15 cars in front and slam on there brakes and wait to see if you hit them. pufff we saw you like a city block away right like im going to drive a block up the road and hit your stopped car.........
the deeper you go in to city of orange the worse it get and Anaheim the roads are old and were not build wide enough so some times you have to go 2-5 miles down the road before you can make a u-turn at a light the rest have signs every where telling you cant.

thats just how it is in cali. you got the insurance scammers. the stupid. people on there phones. people high out of there minds. people in a hurry to work. the to soon Jr drivers
and many many more.

might i suggest for a fun time in cali. just set up in a parking lot and watch people try to navigate a parking lot. its a fun sport and some times you see a accident that defies the laws of physics
But using a phone while driving in CA is illegal. How could people be doing that? It's like guns in gun free zones.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:01 PM   #14
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Count thy blessings!