Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-02-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
A funny thing happened along the way

Born in 1963, I watched in awe as the Camaro/Firebird evolved through the years. I started getting critical once past the second generation. Bert Reynold's Bandit was cool but somethin was missing. Beyond that it became a different car altogether with a badge on it that was from something quite different than what it was. I loved the dechromed 1st Gens with Big wide rubber on all corners; that was Camaro to me. With that picture in mind I had a vague vision provoked by the bubble gum caricature stickers of the day of what would look even cooler.
Fast forward to 2007. Surfing the net one day I saw an image pass bye that sparked my now fading memories of youth. Moving back to the image, I couldn't believe my eyes. That was it. That was the Camaro I had envisioned at ten years old!
I watched as the Gen 5 unfolded with fingers crossed and it came to be. Finally I spotted one at a dealer and seeing it in real life brought a rush I have not felt in some years. It was overwhelming.
Three months passed. Almost every time I drove by a dealership, I would pull in and gaze. I never bought a new car before and never paid more than $8k for one. It was haunting me, but being Mr. Practical I would say to myself that I don't need it and their are more important things to spend that kinda dough on. After my final driveby I could'nt take it any longer. It was time to put it to rest one way or the other, so I went home and called the insurance company. $412 a year to add it to my policy! That was the green light! I haven't been that excited with anticipation since one particular event when I was 16. Within the hour, I was an owner; no test drive, no haggling, just plate and go! I left the dealership in heaven wondering how long it would take before I got buyers remorse for parting with that kinda cash. It never happened. I do wish I could have justified buying an SS. Wait.....hmmm, I think I need to call my insurance company. :seesaw:
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:59 AM   #2
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
awesome...see it..go get it...congrats
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
tyler20c

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS/RS
That's awesome
tyler20c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Welcome to the addiction. These cars are like the 57 Chevy, the 67-69 Camaros...instant hits that never got old or went out of fashion. These new ones have that look and feel; American icon classic. Once you have one, they become more than a car. They are like your old faithful horse or dog, more like a buddy that makes life more enjoyable because they are there. I bought mine sight unseen; hadn't seen one, hadn't driven in one, hadn't seen the color combo I ordered... I love mine... wouldn't change a thing.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Cool DID I EVER TELL ANYONE HOW MUCH I LOVE MY CAMARO?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Welcome to the addiction. These cars are like the 57 Chevy, the 67-69 Camaros...instant hits that never got old or went out of fashion. These new ones have that look and feel; American icon classic. Once you have one, they become more than a car. They are like your old faithful horse or dog, more like a buddy that makes life more enjoyable because they are there. I bought mine sight unseen; hadn't seen one, hadn't driven in one, hadn't seen the color combo I ordered... I love mine... wouldn't change a thing.
+ 1,000,000!!!

Well said, Doc!!!...same for me...I bought mine on 'pure faith' alone, having never seen one, sat in one, or driven one, until I picked up MINE!!!...

As anyone that has seen any of my many enthusiastic posts on this forum can attest to, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my Camaro more and more every day, if that is possible...

It is the best car I have ever owned, and that includes my '76 Firebird, and my husband's '95 Corvette that he bought used 3 yrs ago...
I didn't think it could get ANY better than those 2 'dream cars', but this new Camaro is 'all that', and much more!!!...

It is a 'permanent' PERMAGRIN on my face, day and night...lol...
Old 11-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Enjoy your camaro, lots of bang for the buck.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
teamlowes48
NFIRNO

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro
sweet

I get chills everytime I see another one on the road. Your story gave them to me reading it. I think we all relate to that feeling and thats what makes the car and the owners who patiently waited, so special. Glad to be part of the 5th Gen community. Welcome to you also
Old 11-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #8
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Your story jerked a tear out of my eye.

Congrats. 6 months later and I am still just as giddy over this beautiful machine as the day I picked it up.