Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-31-2017, 03:31 AM   #1
Lawdog86

Drives: 2011 2SS Black w/Orange Stripes
PacAudio Install HELP

After 2 weeks of working on the car, prepping wires, removing interior, laying sound deadner and running wires, i finally tested my new system, I previously was using the SB kit I had a JL amp running the factory speakers, and 1 sub. I installed Hertz Mille Legend 165.3 and Hertz 6x9's with the same amps and the 8200 NEX. The test failed, I had sound out of all of the speakers, but they did not sound loud at all, the front had sound but just did not sound great, limited sound out of all the speakers. I don't know what I did wrong. I did have the BA system i do not still have the factory amp installed, the old wire's going to them have been taped off to the side. The amps looked to come home on. To hook up the fronts, I ran new wire from the tweets/woofers to the crossover. I used the metra kit to connect the crossover to the old speaker wire that connects to the wire bracket in the door, I ran an new wire from the door jam speaker wire back to the amp. HELP trouble shoot please!!!!!
Lawdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:22 AM   #2
Aaron0731

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
If you're just having a low volume issue it pry has to do with the PAC SWC module. There are two options for the wire connections: factory amplified and standard. If you hooked into factory amplified like a lot of us did then switch to standard, it increased the volume significantly for a lot us.
Aaron0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
Lawdog86

Drives: 2011 2SS Black w/Orange Stripes
Aaron0731, I do have the BA system, however I have long since removed the factory amp, on the module I did hook it up to the option with the BA system, is that correct, since the amp is no longer in the car, or do I hoop it up to the option with out the BA system, since i am running an aftermarket amp?
Lawdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:47 PM   #4
Aaron0731

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog86 View Post
Aaron0731, I do have the BA system, however I have long since removed the factory amp, on the module I did hook it up to the option with the BA system, is that correct, since the amp is no longer in the car, or do I hoop it up to the option with out the BA system, since i am running an aftermarket amp?
I too have an aftermarket amp and have it hooked to standard. It made a big difference for me. Try it and see what happens, you won't hurt anything. Atleast I didn't.
Aaron0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 01:58 PM   #5
AFA93

Drives: '14 Silver 2SS/RS
I just installed the PAC Audio and seems a little low on the volume. I didn't have any sound in my rears with the "premium" BA system until I cut the brown loop mute wire (or at least that was the last thing I did before I tested it again--so hopefully that made the difference). Anyway, it's just a wire that can be connected again, so my suggestion is to cut the brown loop wire. BTW, good suggestion on switching to the non-amplified port on the Pac Audio interface to see if that pumps up the volume, I'm going to try that.
AFA93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #6
AFA93

Drives: '14 Silver 2SS/RS
Just a follow-up to the "standard" or "amplified" port on the PAC interface. I switched mine to standard and it significantly increased the volume. Now it doesn't seem under powered. BTW, switching really made my center channel sound bad (it's 7 years old), so I switched it out to the JBL GX302.
AFA93 is offline   Reply With Quote