Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 09-25-2017, 08:26 PM   #1
N8_1le

Drives: 2015 Silverado, 2018 camaro ss 1le
Reputable Shop

Looking for reputable shop in southeast Michigan for parts install and tuning.
N8_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
Hyperlinkblue

Drives: 2017 1ss m6. Blue.....
Same here kind of, not to many shops to choose from, theres lingenfelter, katech, livernois, vector motorsports, and boost controlled performance which seems to be getting bigger. Now it really depends on how good the tuners are and how much experience they have with the new lt platform. The tunning is different then the ls, the lt platform uses torque model/drive demand style tunning from my understanding. Currently i dont trust anyone, its sad but true, im thinking about buying hp tuners and getting into it myself because dyno tunes are not cheap. If you get it done by one shop and you dont like the tune, another shop will charge for a complete
retune. And the cost on dyno tunes seem to range from 650 all the way to 800 depending on the shop and if you want a flex fuel tune or not. Alot of em will corrct the for free if you have issues but its a major pain because then you end up dropping the car off and waiting another week. Thats my experience so far, yet it should only take a good tuner about 4 to 5 hours to completly tune a bolt on car from my understanding. Idk im hesitant to try another shop wothout knowing there true experience, i may possibly wait till i do heads and cam or wait and learn hp tuners myself, or do heads and cam and have another shop retune it. Im not positive if katech does dyno tunes but if they do im guessing there the best tuners around here for the newer lt platform.
Hyperlinkblue is offline   Reply With Quote