Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
I have a NAT Problem with Xbox Live ... help !!!

Hey guys, I have a problem with connecting to xbox live with a open NAT, I got my roomates Macbook hooked up to my 360 and my internet is through a Linksys WRT54G2 V1 wireless G router ..... I tried everything !!!! port-forwarding, Static IP ... everything, I brought a wireless adapter for my 360 but had to send it back cause it was faulty and is waiting for another one, but I'm still gonna have the same problem

So for those who know what they doing and encounter this problem before ... can I get some help ... my gamer tag is : BigNorm4Life

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
My friend and I ran into this problem a few months back, but it just sorta fixed itself...
Old 11-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
My friend and I ran into this problem a few months back, but it just sorta fixed itself...

LOL that was helpful ... jk

This is wrecking my brain and I really don't wanna buy another router

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 11-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
texan

Drives: people crazy
does the mac or pc in the room or house get out? are you cabled or wireless on the 360?
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
My first response would be, get a PS3!!

Second, when I had a Xbox 3crappy, I had that problem. I had to go into my router and change some settings. I happened out of nowhere and it was a change my Internet Provider did. I had to call the support for the router and get the info to fix it.

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan View Post
does the mac or pc in the room or house get out? are you cabled or wireless on the 360?
It does, my set up is:

Xbox is wired to macbook, the macbook is connected wireless to the internet via Linksys WRT54G2 V1

So for the meanwhile I'm siphoning internet from my roomates macbook via Ethernet cord

And Xbox Live pw3ns PSN in every way

Quote:
Old 11-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
What kind of trouble shooting have you done?

- did you take the router out the equation and hook the 360 straight to the internet? Are you still having the issue? If yes they it's your internet connection or the 360. If no, then it's the router, a bad cable, the computer or several of these.

- Hook it back up to the router. Does the problem persist? if yes then it's the router or the cable. Change out what cables you can to see if it's a bad cable, if not the cables then its the router. If no, then your computer is messing it up.

Also are you in college? Some colleges are set up to prevent routers from working in the dorms.

Before you connect or disconnect anything from the router or the internet, make sure the device (the computer or the 360) is turned off, if you have access to the modem, turn it off as well. Sometimes they will not register the change if you make changes tot he connections while they are still on.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
What kind of trouble shooting have you done?

- did you take the router out the equation and hook the 360 straight to the internet? Are you still having the issue? If yes they it's your internet connection or the 360. If no, then it's the router, a bad cable, the computer or several of these.

- Hook it back up to the router. Does the problem persist? if yes then it's the router or the cable. Change out what cables you can to see if it's a bad cable, if not the cables then its the router. If no, then your computer is messing it up.

Also are you in college? Some colleges are set up to prevent routers from working in the dorms.

Before you connect or disconnect anything from the router or the internet, make sure the device (the computer or the 360) is turned off, if you have access to the modem, turn it off as well. Sometimes they will not register the change if you make changes tot he connections while they are still on.
hmmm that's something I didn't do ... it might be comcast ... will post back in a bit

Quote:
Old 11-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #9
Disgruntor
DAMMIT!

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2LT RS - IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
did you take the router out the equation and hook the 360 straight to the internet?
Yeah, definitely start there and work your way out. Don't piggyback until you're certain everything is working individually.

Have you tried rebooting the router? Sorry to insult you if you've done it already, but sometimes people miss the basic stuff.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Ha ... it's not the linksys it this POS macbook, so unless I can fix it, Ima buy a 25ft or a 50ft Ethernet cord until my adapter gets here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntor View Post
Yeah, definitely start there and work your way out. Don't piggyback until you're certain everything is working individually.

Have you tried rebooting the router? Sorry to insult you if you've done it already, but sometimes people miss the basic stuff.
of course I did

Quote:
Old 11-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #11
Disgruntor
DAMMIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Ha ... it's not the linksys it this POS macbook
So Microsoft and Mac don't blend? Imagine that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
of course I did
Like I said, I wasn't trying to offend -- you just never know with some people
Old 11-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #12
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
i'd suspect it's something with your setup, piggy backing off of the mac, i've never been able to make that work. i use an ethernet Switch (not a router) and that works like a charm. internet goes direct into the first port on the switch, then one cable goes to my Dell, another goes to my 360, and a third goes to my mac. never had any issues

switches also aren't too expensive, i've got a d-link switch, cost me ~40$
Old 11-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #13
Disgruntor
DAMMIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-camaro View Post
i'd suspect it's something with your setup, piggy backing off of the mac, i've never been able to make that work. i use an ethernet Switch (not a router) and that works like a charm. internet goes direct into the first port on the switch, then one cable goes to my Dell, another goes to my 360, and a third goes to my mac. never had any issues

switches also aren't too expensive, i've got a d-link switch, cost me ~40$
Comcast LOVES when its customers use switches...
Old 11-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #14
Rocks RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Live is not so great, especially when psn is free!

Sporting MRT V1, Hurst short throw, and Injen long tube and loving it!!!

Also, over 125,000 miles and going.
Rocks RS is offline   Reply With Quote