Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-17-2017, 09:57 AM   #1
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Great transmission/fluid tech video!

blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
RACERJOE1

Drives: 2014 2SS
Excellent video, thanks for posting!
RACERJOE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:07 AM   #3
blackswan

You bet. This professor's whole channel is excellent, seems like a great teacher as well. Also, note that the tranny came overfilled from the factory. But you do have to wonder about the temperature ranges and effect on fluid volume. They must know that brand new at factory assembly room temps to add X amount of fluid, but maybe someone was a little chilly one day and turned up the heat
Old 12-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #4
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Excellent video. Sux that it's so difficult to do something so routine. If there was a dipstick the video would be 10 seconds. Drive vehicle around the block, check dipstick, add proper fluid if needed, thanks for watching.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #5
blackswan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinmobile View Post
Excellent video. Sux that it's so difficult to do something so routine. If there was a dipstick the video would be 10 seconds. Drive vehicle around the block, check dipstick, add proper fluid if needed, thanks for watching.
Right? It's nutz and ready for mistakes by dealer techs too. I had such experience with a dealer doing tranny flush and left it 1 quart too low. Caused weird noises at take off and in reverse. Yet local Caddy dealer knew just how to do it right.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #6
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
Right? It's nutz and ready for mistakes by dealer techs too. I had such experience with a dealer doing tranny flush and left it 1 quart too low. Caused weird noises at take off and in reverse. Yet local Caddy dealer knew just how to do it right.
The first thing I thought was no way most techs would be this thorough. Not knocking tech's, but I wonder if the dealership's procedure calls for correct tranny temp (not determined by infa red) and probably need two techs (one in the car, one under) and it's not a quick job (close to an hour) and all this to check fluid level.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:03 PM   #7
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
1st thing I thought of was that GM deleted the diptstick to charge for maintenance. Sounds like a bunch of shit to me. Tranny oil cooler (2) one at bottom radiator core support and sandwiched between the radiator and condenser? That's about 5-6 hr job if not more. Glad I got a 2010. Easier to work on. It'll only get worse. If they can? They'll get away from oil dipstick and remove the oil cap on valve covers where you must bring it in to do oil changes. Lol. This is another technology is good? But costs you the owner a fortune to own...

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote