Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-02-2018, 04:06 PM   #1
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Car cover for my 2014 Convertible

I realize this topic has been around the bush several times, but I am thinking now that everyone has had ample time to trying various covers I might get some valuable feedback.

Living in coastal NC the summers get extremely warm and unfortunately my Camaro sits outside 50% of the time. Only have a two car garage and the wife demands one bay and I have an Impala SS in another.

I have seriously been considering the purchase of a Noah form fitted cover, cost will run about $225.00. This Noah cover is for inside/outside and has one of the highest ratings when it comes to water resistance, UV rays, breathability and protection from dirt and dust.

From my research I believe the Noah is a bit thicker than most covers giving a tad more protection from minor dings.

I worry about effects the prolonged summer sun will eventually have on the top.

I hope other convertible members will chime in with your two cents!

Best price I have seen on the Noah is with Southern Car Parts Com.

Larry
Old 03-02-2018, 05:01 PM   #2
Efdengine3

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible SS2
I bought from Covercraft
Efdengine3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:33 AM   #3
michaelinmech

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Convertible
If you have some interest, I have 3 car covers for sale on here. One is the SLP Performance Car Covers 08961 and another is a 'clone' of the SLP. I purchased both new and they are only gently used. You can research the SLP 09861, and let me know if you would like to purchase either it or the clone for your outdoor storage.

Kindly, Michael

Link to my listing: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522157
michaelinmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:03 AM   #4
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelinmech View Post
If you have some interest, I have 3 car covers for sale on here. One is the SLP Performance Car Covers 08961 and another is a 'clone' of the SLP. I purchased both new and they are only gently used. You can research the SLP 09861, and let me know if you would like to purchase either it or the clone for your outdoor storage.

Kindly, Michael

Link to my listing: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522157
Thank you Michael for the generous offer, however, I am looking for a custom cover made especially for the convertible that has the antenna shark fin on the trunk.

Just returned home (coastal NC) from visiting an elderly relative in the Birmingham, AL area. Quite the drive but a most wonderful drive in the Camaro. Very cold so there was no "top down time".

Friends I am down to two covers and would very much appreciate your thoughts and comments, please chime in so that I can make a better informed decision.

The two that I like the most is the CoverKing Stormproof from RPI Designs, cost listed at $319.95, at check out you can get about 5% off that and free shipping. I do like the wine colored one the best.

The second one I like is from Auto Anything and that is the "Noah" car cover that comes only one standard color, cost is $231.30. Noah covers have been around for a long time and known for quality also.

Between my two choices is about $70.00. If the CoverKing Stormproof worth the extra money?

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Larry
Old 03-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #5
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects
2014 vert cover

Hi Larry,
I have this one http://www.jegs.com/i/GM-Accessories...23303/10002/-1 for sale I am asking 120.00 plus shipping. I do not need it anymore and is only about a year old. I just recently moved to Cali and have a garage to park in. The only markings on it is where it touched the tires. Worked perfect for me while in NJ.
Attached Images

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260

Last edited by Stewart; 03-17-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
DaddySS
Kept The Faith

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Cover king has a silver guard cover that is excellent. Silver finish reflects the sun and keeps the car cool, soft interior material protects the paint and their customer service is outstanding.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #7
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Check out www.covercraft.com or www.weathertech.com
They have a lot of different options for covers.
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 03:14 PM   #8
Mr V

Drives: 2011 VR SS Vert
I only have a indoor cover (dustop by covercraft) but I was happy with the fit and quality. Would expect their outdoor ones to be similar.
Attached Images

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:39 AM   #9
driftxtz

Drives: Synergy Green 2010 , 1969 Camaro RS
I'll agree that Cover King silver guard is the best cover I have used so far.
driftxtz is offline   Reply With Quote