Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
robkesl

Drives: 2010 camaro
A**clowns parking next to you?

is anyone having problems with this? i live at an apt complex, and some a**clown in a crappy old 4runner always parks right next to me. i park out and away from everyone, i only use one parking spot. i stay respectful, so no squaling tires or reving engine, loud music. but this guy parks next to me all the freaking time!!!!!

it pisses me off so much when i go out there and see it! i havent noticed any dings or anything but still
robkesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
ShowTime

Drives: 2010 IOM M6 2SS/RS
If no dings or anything maybe he is doing it to protect your ride from others

Although some people can just be d***s.

I wouldn't know because I'm still waiting :(
1100 Preliminary Order Accepted (10/26)
2500 Preferenced (11/03), 3000 Accepted by Production Control(11/04/09) TPW (11/23)
3300 Scheduled for Production (11/11), 3400 Order broadcast (11/12/09), 3800 Order produced (11/25)
4150 Produced, Invoiced and Available to ship (11/25), 4200 Shipped (11/26), 4800 Rail Ramp Unload (12/4)
5000 Delivered to the dealer (12/7)
6000 Delivered to customer (12/10/09)
ShowTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Mayhem Matt

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS M6 SUPERCHRGED BUMBLEBEE
all the time man all the time ... I can be out in a mall parking lot 30 spaces from where anyone else parks and ill have A**clowns all over me ... thats how I received my first ding was bc one of these people had to park on top of me to look at the car ... you have to learn "parking tactics" park in between or next to Corvettes, Cadillacs, or any other car that's thinking the same thing as you bc they will respect your car as much as they respect theirs!
Ordered Bumblebee 10/15/2008Part of the Family 6/11/2009 #11423

My Bumblebee to Superbee build story...http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105163
Superbee's 536hp Dyno Run...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE7wePluPAc
Mayhem Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
It's a car It's going to get parked beside no matter what.

And it's a Camaro, that means it is going to get parked by much more.

People are alyways parking next to mine all the time. I don't mind it as long as I find no dents when I come out.

Unless you park way way away from everybody else then most people will be to lazy to walk a long way lol.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
If he parks close to you all of the time and no dents or dings be happy, you could have someone who is less considerate and dent/ding you up. Besides you are parking in an apartment complex...other people use the lot also. You are complaining because another car is next to yours, but yet it is not doing your car any damage? i dont get it
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
If he parks close to you all of the time and no dents or dings be happy, you could have someone who is less considerate and dent/ding you up. Besides you are parking in an apartment complex...other people use the lot also. You are complaining because another car is next to yours, but yet it is not doing your car any damage? i dont get it

Even though it's a Camaro, it is still just a car.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
Old 11-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee Matt View Post
all the time man all the time ... I can be out in a mall parking lot 30 spaces from where anyone else parks and ill have A**clowns all over me ... thats how I received my first ding was bc one of these people had to park on top of me to look at the car ... you have to learn "parking tactics" park in between or next to Corvettes, Cadillacs, or any other car that's thinking the same thing as you bc they will respect your car as much as they respect theirs!
Unless you live in a certain effluent (spelled this way on purpose) part of Austin Texas... Beeners and Hummers and Ferrari's and Jag's and lots of other high dollar cars...The "poor" kids in this area are stuck driving a relatively old, less than two years old, Surburban or something like that to school. Not all but a lot of them could care less about any vehicle... they buy them as a status symbol and think no more of buying them financially than most poeple would be concerned with buying a Kia. You see examples of them in the stores when their kids are running amuck with no parental supervision tearing things off the shelves and generally reaking havoc... ("oh their just being kids..." while they have their cell phones glued to their ear talking about something important like who's doing who, or what they ate the night before...) These same toads fling the car door open not caring a whit what is parked next to them. "It's only a car"... It's only a small dent"... "It's only money"...
Big Pet Peeve for me... makes me wanna throttle them........I just shake my head and walk away... It's a waste of effort and breath to try to explain anything to them...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #8
Bryan

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
I just moved in to a new apartment and decided to pay extra for a garage just to make sure nobody dings me... on my third time pulling into the garage I scratched up my rear passenger fender. If I had just parked in the lot I probably would have been ok.

Now that I got the first scratch out of the way I don't worry about it so much. It's just gonna happen :/
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #9
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post

Even though it's a Camaro, it is still just a car.
If i knew the same car parked next to me and never dinged me i would make it a point to park next to that vehicle whenever I could...but then again i'm a guy who will park a 6 figure car anywhere even at wal-mart or target and drive it in the rain too..so
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
Rafsanjani
What now Bitches?

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1
I have one perfect parking spot at work that is at the end on the left. On the right is a handicapped spot which is never used. But to get it every day I leave a bit earlier than before. So now I appear to more productive due to my Camaro purchase. I also use my new Camaro as stress relief. Bad meeting? Go for a 15 minute spin. Come back, All is right again. I love it.

At home I have the garage for it to sit in. No issues there.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:14 PM   #11
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I bet he admires your car and 1) he likes to look at your car, 2) he is telling his crappy old 4runner to try harder to be more like your camaro, and 3) he is helping to protect your car!

I think he admires your car. You should feel honored. (Actually, I would feel just like you do, but I try to be a "glass is half full" person).
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #12
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
If i knew the same car parked next to me and never dinged me i would make it a point to park next to that vehicle whenever I could...but then again i'm a guy who will park a 6 figure car anywhere even at wal-mart or target and drive it in the rain too..so
Yeah I don't see why people hide it from the rain. Shoot I drove mine an hour through the tropical storm that just came through a couple weeks ago.

I still haven't washed it, it is NASTY!! lol..

But I kinda can't because of what just happenedlol.(you know what I am talking about)
Old 11-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #13
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Okay, I don't get it. If he had dinged your car I could see it, but how is he an a$$clown if he hasn't? Because he's in "a crappy old 4runner?" If you live in an apt. complex, you don't own the parking lot. He can park where he wants (unless you have some sort of parking addendum in your lease, in which case take it up w/ the manager.) Now, the very first ding, feel free to vent.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
Okay, I don't get it. If he had dinged your car I could see it, but how is he an a$$clown if he hasn't? Because he's in "a crappy old 4runner?" If you live in an apt. complex, you don't own the parking lot. He can park where he wants (unless you have some sort of parking addendum in your lease, in which case take it up w/ the manager.) Now, the very first ding, feel free to vent.

Thank you lol.