Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-02-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
DrLove38

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
I'm Starting to get tired of this crap

My first ride was a 1955 Chevy Pickup.
I've owned three early Mustang fastbacks, one Comet Caliente, one Pontiac Le Mans, one Datsun 280ZX, three Jeeps, and eighteen Bowties.
My current 2013 Camaro is my latest Bowtie.
But I am really getting weary and tired of GM's bullshit.
I was devastated when GM damn near went out of existence forever.
To this day they are cussed for the bailout and whether they paid it back and yadi yadi.I've got a house full of Chevy stuff including everything.
I bought a brand new 2001 Chevy Monte Carlo a week after Sr. died.
I bought the very first 1990 Silverado SS in my town and the first 2003 Silverado SS. I bought the last 1987 Silverado pickup damn near in the state of Texas before the model change.
I bleed Chevy.
But the more of this crap I read I find myself tired of supporting these aholes.
That and the many problems with their trucks and cars in the last few years.
I wonder how many of you all think along these lines.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...off-americans/
DrLove38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:07 AM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
wow.that is very rank.i wonder what trump would think of this bullshit...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:36 AM   #3
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
I've never really forgiven them for discontinuing the F-body after '02. They concentrated so heavily on the easy profit truck and SUV market that they didn't want to invest the necessary development money on a major refresh for the 4th gen F-body platform before the 5th gen came out.

Say what you want about Ford, but at least they continued the unbroken heritage of the Mustang after all these years.

Unfortunately, the Alpha based 6th gen has been a sales flop (relatively speaking) and the SS refresh for '19 does it no favors.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:12 AM   #4
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Just remember the American worker is not the same as they were 40,50,60 years ago. American workers are "entitled" now where the foreign workers are eager for the American dream. They work more hours for less pay. They don't call in sick or take vacation, where as the American worker will.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:42 AM   #5
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
The airlines are now sending their aircraft and engines all over the world to do overhauls rather than in the US. Been happening for about 15 years now. Sad but its all about the buck.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:26 AM   #6
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
"The United Auto Workers (UAW) union has launched a campaign urging consumers to boycott GM for their offshoring and outsourcing business practices that is leaving thousands of American workers laid off just years after the corporation was bailed out by U.S. taxpayers and received a massive tax cut."

Let me start with, I work in IT. My employment segment has been hit more than any other by outsourcing to H1B foreign workers. Companies say that can't find qualified American workers. BS! I've worked on teams, well over 1000 employees, where American workers were replaced straight up for foreign workers for one reason and one reason only, and it has nothing to do with ability. India is pumping out IT robots. They may understand the basics, but don't have the experience to know when something is going south. As a result, any market that is flooded with supply, demand drops and so does price. Skilled, experienced American workers are replaced with foreign workers with basic skill levels for half the price.

Now back to the quote above from the article. Boycotting a product or company will only cost more jobs. And guess which jobs will go first, high paying American worker jobs. Good job UAW! If your job can be replaced by a lower skilled foreign worker, maybe you need to get additional training or education and make yourself irreplaceable. That is what I have had to do. Or you can stay where you are and take a cut in pay.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #7
67 to 91 to 13

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
I had been thinking about buying s Silverado 1500 until I found out the crew cabs are all made in Mexico. No way am I buying one now.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:48 AM   #8
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Add this to the LONG list of items that spell the veritable death of the America your fathers knew and died for. Boycott? The very American Dream of starting from nothing and becoming wealthy through hard work is on the young, progressive legislators chopping block.

‘NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN’.

(now back to our regularly scheduled programming)
Old 02-03-2019, 10:44 AM   #9
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
"The United Auto Workers (UAW) union has launched a campaign urging consumers to boycott GM for their offshoring and outsourcing business practices that is leaving thousands of American workers laid off just years after the corporation was bailed out by U.S. taxpayers and received a massive tax cut."

Let me start with, I work in IT. My employment segment has been hit more than any other by outsourcing to H1B foreign workers. Companies say that can't find qualified American workers. BS! I've worked on teams, well over 1000 employees, where American workers were replaced straight up for foreign workers for one reason and one reason only, and it has nothing to do with ability. India is pumping out IT robots. They may understand the basics, but don't have the experience to know when something is going south. As a result, any market that is flooded with supply, demand drops and so does price. Skilled, experienced American workers are replaced with foreign workers with basic skill levels for half the price.

Now back to the quote above from the article. Boycotting a product or company will only cost more jobs. And guess which jobs will go first, high paying American worker jobs. Good job UAW! If your job can be replaced by a lower skilled foreign worker, maybe you need to get additional training or education and make yourself irreplaceable. That is what I have had to do. Or you can stay where you are and take a cut in pay.
Seen first hand as well many US coworkers and friends lose their IT jobs from outsourcing or H-B1’s brought here, trained their replacements. They aren’t smarter, just cheaper and with many companies reducing their in-house training programs. This is the bad side of wall street as it relies solely on increased profits and value returned to shareholders. We bailed out GM, removed all the bad and left only the good at a cost of $10billion. They bought back $11 billion of shares just recently, that’s just more salt in the wound in my eyes. I swore them off a few times already either from product issues or the UAW of which I want none of my hard earned $’s supporting. Yet I returned because I’m a Camaro guy and need a heavy duty pickup. May have recently bought my last Camaro because I’m older now and don’t see a need to replace it anytime in the future and last GM pickup because we plan to sell the business it’s used for in the near future. With the exception of Camaros, Corvettes and pickups, I don’t see the value in any of their products at the additional $’s. I think the industry is overcompensated top to bottom and unwilling to make the needed adjustments to stay competitive with US workers so they outsource. I agree on bettering yourself, it seems many of these folks failed to plan in a changing industry.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #10
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Spare us the right wing hatred for the American worker.

Your parents' union jobs probably had a lot to do with where your family is today, financially.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #11
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Spare us the right wing hatred for the American worker.

Your parents' union jobs probably had a lot to do with where your family is today, financially.
Ya I can see how this thread is going down hill fast, so everyone get your political licks in now before the lock! Why is it when ever some of you see an opening you just can`t seem to resist to make a political comment! (This is not directed at you Rock-It Man, I agree with you.)
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:55 AM   #12
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Their vehicles are no longer longest lasting on the road. Profit first QC last

Though my Camaro should last a long time. My 2014 GMC Sierra? I’m hoping it does but I’m not a believer in that AFM bullshit. Coil packs going out like crazy. I’ve had to replace them 3x so far

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:04 PM   #13
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Stuff happens keep your ear to the ground, my truths I learned you most likely don't want to hear long long ago. Change is what happens. Like AUDI etc spending Billions going more electric!!!!!! So be aware, GM is struggling to stay alive and paid back those they borrowed from mostly, and BTW are not the enemy just praying to stay viable so just as places like Telsa have to fight for market share...( never would invest a dime in them), as someone else suddenly makes a 700 hp electric truck...…. remember theres more on heaven and earth than are dreampt of...………….this from a old guy who just underwent open heart for anyrysism of the main veins of his Aorta just walking into work to lay on the floor and call for a AED...…. I hope to now liver a long time with some bad scars...………. and this like 1/2 months after a double inguinal hernia repair....sorry but I am not seeing so well. Love all you guys and our Camaro, and My new starter still kicks arse have a fun super bowl...….me I will taking it easy drugged for months. God Bless the USA and Chevy, for a old guy called hardluck my glimmer of faith comes direct from god at the end of my rope...………...And GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peace out.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:32 PM   #14
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
Guys - I do love the GM cars. But I have been seriously thinking of getting rid of it and just going Ford..... 18 GT with 10 speed auto and a supercharger. Was wanting a CTS-V, that is done. My wife loved her Tahoe and Suburban. But she only now wants a Nissan Armada. We are supposed to tell our kids to get a hard STEM degree and they go into the work force where employers would rather H1B some chud in. I turned on Bush when he lied to my face saying there is jobs Americans don't want to do. It is really jobs employers don't want to pay Americans to do.

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote