Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-25-2019, 05:22 PM   #1
jtdebi22
Debi

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Carbon fiber rockers only -splitter would match rear bumper (not carbon fiber)

So I have been looking at Carbon Creations rockers. I just don’t know if it would look right being the only carbon fiber item on my car.

The rear bumper and the front would match themselves though. Thoughts on this set up?
Attached Images

jtdebi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:20 AM   #2
curt.r

Drives: a Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdebi22 View Post
So I have been looking at Carbon Creations rockers. I just don’t know if it would look right being the only carbon fiber item on my car.

The rear bumper and the front would match themselves though. Thoughts on this set up?
Those side skirts remind me of the GFX side skirts. If you have the stock front and rear bumper with no aftermarket diffuser and front lip spoiler it might look tacky, but that's my $0.02. Also like you mentioned, being the only carbon fiber piece on the car would look a bit ricey. If your car is black you might be able to pull it off but anything else would be a no in my book
2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - BBK LT Headers w/ High-Flow Cats, MRT v1 Axle-Back, Cold Air Inductions CAI, SLP 1" Drop Springs, Vitesse Throttle Controller, Drake Billet Shifter, NPP rear diffuser, B.E.S.T. Stainless Steel Quad Exhaust, Clear Smoked Side Markers, Anvil Notch Spoiler, SS Front Bumper, Heritage Grille, SLP front splitter
curt.r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 05:57 AM   #3
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
You could consider wrapping the front splitter/rear diffuser in carbon fibre wrap to make it look all the same. I painted all of my accents and whatnot (splitter, skirts, other aftermarket stuff) gloss black and I think it looks pretty good, although I still need to paint the rear diffuser (factory black matches fairly well as is, for now, but will get around to it eventually).
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #4
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
The rockers are one of those pieces that need to tie the car together, whether carbon fiber or a specific colour; it needs to correspond with something else on the car.

I am going for a similar set up, but I will have a carbon fiber diffuser and front splitter. Unless you can match it, aesthetically speaking, I don't recommend doing it otherwise.

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:41 AM   #5
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
You could paint the rockers body color.
I think it makes the car appear lower than black.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #6
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
With those GFX style rockers you would need a low front lip to match IMO

2019 SS 1LE - "CaSSandra" 2014 SS - "AleSSandra - Sold" 94 Z28 - Sold

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:01 PM   #7
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Link to these? I’m looking for the basic black gfx side rockers but can’t find em anywhere..

Anyone else know?

Also interested in seeing better pics of those cf ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote