Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2020, 05:44 PM   #1
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Remedy SCAM beware

I bought $1100 of parts from Tucker Beathard on Saturday, or at least I thought I did. He was referred to me by "Remedy" a member on here. Today I got an email from Tucker saying his PayPal was hacked and I needed to open a dispute with PayPal. I go through all of the PayPal dispute stuff to find out that they can't really do anything.

So like an idiot I am talking to this guy, because for all I know his PayPal was hacked. He tells me he will still send me the parts if I give $200 for shipping. He gives me a different email, because the other one is hacked. The new email is drealgb@yahoo.com. I ask him what does drealgb mean, he says his name is Garry. At this point I should have known better, but I really need those parts. I send it and immediately the name adulbani adulgrani shows up and I know I have been had again.

So I am screwed. I am sitting here in a LSA conversion project and it turns out that half of the parts I thought I had coming aren't and I am out $1300. I fell for a scam and a half. I am sharing so that anyone on here looking to buy parts from other members does a little checking before they buy. This guy was savvy and right up until today I had no concerns.

Stay away from Remedy and anyone he recommends to buy from. I followed up with him to ask how well he knew Tucker/Gary/abdulbani. He said he bought many parts from him and he trusts him. This leads me to believe that Remedy is the same guy and he uses the profile on here to lure car enthusiasts into this purchase scam.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 06:13 PM   #2
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Damn dude, that really sucks. How is Paypal not doing anything? Did you send it as 'Friends and Family', because that is the only way I know of that offers little to no protection - hence why most illegitimate sellers will request funds be sent that way ? I had my PayPal hacked last year and was charged $7200 for supposed Apple laptops. They had my money back to me within 24 hours by issuing a 'Provisional Credit'. So something doesn't seem to be adding up for sure. The guy who I was supposedly buying the laptops from also had his account hacked, which was the M.O. of this hacking group. They basically used a pool of hacked/compromised accounts to cause even more confusion and leave as little a trail as possible.

The bank or credit card you used for PayPal...you can't file a dispute with them? I mean this is the main reason to use PayPal, for the buyers protection. Man, what a crappy situation. I really hope you get this worked out man. Best of luck.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 06:20 PM   #3
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Damn dude, that really sucks. How is Paypal not doing anything? Do you send it as 'Friends and Family'? I had my PayPal hacked last year and was charged $7200 for supposed Apple laptops. They had my money back to me within 24 hours by issuing a 'Provisional Credit'. So something doesn't seem to be adding up for sure. The guy who I was supposedly buying the laptops from also had his account hacked, which was the M.O. of this hacking group. They basically used a pool of hacked/compromised accounts to cause even more confusion and leave as little a trail as possible.

The bank or credit card you used for PayPal...you can't file a dispute with them? I mean this is the main reason to use PayPal, for the buyers protection. Man, was a crap situation. I really hope you get this worked out man. Best of luck.
Yeah, I did it as friends or family which means PayPal is off the hook apparently. I did not know that. I am opening a dispute with my credit card company, but I don’t hold out much hope. They said due to corona I have to mail in the dispute. All I am thinking is that this will take weeks for letters to go back and forth. In the meantime I am paying the bill plus interest for parts that I don’t have.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:21 PM   #4
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I think you should be able to get your money through paypal, or your card or bank as noted above. You probably already will be doing this but ANYONE on a forum trying to sell you something or directing you to buy something check their profile. Remedy has 2 posts and they were 4 word sentences that barely made sense. A dude that's been here and has a lot of posts, look at them. Members leave trails you can figure out a lot by looking at their posts. Again sorry this happened i hate thieves with a passion. My bank account got hacked and they took $10k before my bank shut them down. Luckily i had my money back within 48 hours.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 06:36 PM   #5
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
I've had some bad dealings using Pay Pal too. I bought tires on Ebay and seller sent me a nasty used tire that was covered in mud. Credit card company took care of it.
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:12 PM   #6
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
I bought $1100 of parts from Tucker Beathard on Saturday, or at least I thought I did. He was referred to me by "Remedy" a member on here. Today I got an email from Tucker saying his PayPal was hacked and I needed to open a dispute with PayPal. I go through all of the PayPal dispute stuff to find out that they can't really do anything.

So like an idiot I am talking to this guy, because for all I know his PayPal was hacked. He tells me he will still send me the parts if I give $200 for shipping. He gives me a different email, because the other one is hacked. The new email is drealgb@yahoo.com. I ask him what does drealgb mean, he says his name is Garry. At this point I should have known better, but I really need those parts. I send it and immediately the name adulbani adulgrani shows up and I know I have been had again.

So I am screwed. I am sitting here in a LSA conversion project and it turns out that half of the parts I thought I had coming aren't and I am out $1300. I fell for a scam and a half. I am sharing so that anyone on here looking to buy parts from other members does a little checking before they buy. This guy was savvy and right up until today I had no concerns.

Stay away from Remedy and anyone he recommends to buy from. I followed up with him to ask how well he knew Tucker/Gary/abdulbani. He said he bought many parts from him and he trusts him. This leads me to believe that Remedy is the same guy and he uses the profile on here to lure car enthusiasts into this purchase scam.
Dammit man, I’m sorry to hear about this especially since your a pretty new member here. I believe like greenhornet said most of the regulars around here a decent guys sucks you got wrapped up with a bad apple. I would report this to the mods for sure, maybe they can take some action to make sure this doesnt happen to someone else on here. Hope your credit card company can get it made right for you, I bet they can. I absolutely hate thieves. I hope these bastards who do these things die long slow deaths.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:38 PM   #7
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
If "Remedy" has purchased parts from this scammer and recommended the individual than he must have legitimate contact information? If you get that contact information post it for all of to see, might be a neighbor! So sorry! As previously stated, you will find 99% of the members here are straight shooters. I have made a number of purchases and have sold a couple of items without a hitch. I pray you get your money back. God I despise scammers!
Old 04-20-2020, 09:49 PM   #8
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
I know you know this now, but any seller that is trying to force you to friends and family type payment is generally fishy. Walk away. Always protect yourself. I tried to buy wheels from here about a year ago and the dude wouldnt take normal paypal. When i pressed him on it, he claimed i could rip him off by paying the normal way. I evem offered to eat the fees. After a short conversation, i knew he was a scammer and i walked away. Sucks but if anything seems fishy, walk
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:50 PM   #9
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
And also, sorry about your loss. Bastard should hang
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:58 PM   #10
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
If "Remedy" has purchased parts from this scammer and recommended the individual than he must have legitimate contact information? If you get that contact information post it for all of to see, might be a neighbor! So sorry! As previously stated, you will find 99% of the members here are straight shooters. I have made a number of purchases and have sold a couple of items without a hitch. I pray you get your money back. God I despise scammers!
I think Remedy is the scammer. I just got another one asking me to contact a guy off site. The new guy is christopherrobert131 on here 0 posts, and a member since April 2020. Obvious now that I know the pattern. I am marked so they are going to keep trying.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:38 PM   #11
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
anytime i use paypal i pay for it as goods or services and request a invoice from the seller.....
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:02 PM   #12
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Well that’s a bummer... when you send money via friends and family it typically tells you..
RupertPupkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:05 PM   #13
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Yeah I didn’t know about the friends and family policy. I have never used PayPal for anything other than eBay. A very expensive lesson.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:39 PM   #14
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Well hopefully your CC company will take care of you. I remember when I got scammed 10 years ago. I was in my early 20s, and I sent 3k via western union to get a bike delivered. Definitely learned my lesson. Luckily western union got sued, and I got 2700$ last week.

My suggestion is always look at post history, and frequency. That’s what I did when I was a moderator for G8 forum. Guys would just post “bump”, short sentences in a very short amount of time just to make themselves legitimate.

Good luck man... hope u got that 1200$ stimulus check tho...
RupertPupkin is online now   Reply With Quote