Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-26-2020, 02:22 PM   #1
paul's ss

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
Question for Camaro LT1 owners

Hey everybody,

I'm considering buying a 2020 Camaro LT1, 6.2L V8, 10 speed automatic, Rally Green, dual mode exhaust, and black wheels. I wondered if I can get a some feedback from owners of the LT1 Camaro.

1. Are you happy with the car?

2. How is the ride quality? I'll be using it as a daily driver in Los Angeles.

3. How is the overall comfort of the front seat. I'm 6'2", average weight.

4. I have a 2017 V6 camaro, and I was thinking of upgrading. The V6 camaro has been fun, decent power and sounds good with the dual mode exhaust.

Thanks everyone
paul's ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:44 PM   #2
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
I had a 2016 V6 that I traded for my LT1.

In driving feel, the LT1 has more weight in the nose and you can feel it. The brakes really grab tight compared to the 6.

I think it rides a bit smoother.

Where my 6 had no problem maintaining traction off the line, the LT1 will get squirrely on you...don't floor it lol. The 6 is respectable of course but that grunt off the line is huge on the LT1.

The touchscreen is a little different but nothing else in the interior is different.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:45 PM   #3
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul's ss View Post
Hey everybody,

I'm considering buying a 2020 Camaro LT1, 6.2L V8, 10 speed automatic, Rally Green, dual mode exhaust, and black wheels. I wondered if I can get a some feedback from owners of the LT1 Camaro.

I Car Love my M6 LT1. I have had many cars including a a 2016 2SS M6, a 2018 A10 ZL1 and now my LT1 I built my way. You can bury me in it.

The SS suspension is sports car firm, but kind of silky and not a bucking bronco. You cannot get Magnetic ride (MRC) in the LT1. I had this in 3 of my previous Camaros and do not miss it at all.

The standard SS seats are comforable, even on long rides, I think the same as your seats I think. However if you get the Recaros, you will have a pair of the most comfortable sport seats in any car. And they do a good job holding you in when your driving gets spicy.

4. I have a 2017 V6 camaro, and I was thinking of upgrading. The V6 camaro has been fun, decent power and sounds good with the dual mode exhaust.

The LT1 is much like your V6 except with the fun factor turned up 50%. But the V6 Camaro is already a good drivers car. Make sure you get NPP, it makes the car for me. I also highly recommend the Bose option. It sounds even better than both of the Boses in my last 2 Camaros. But it is pricey.

Thanks everyone
Old 09-26-2020, 02:46 PM   #4
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
Hi: I think you would be very impressed with the 2020 SS Camaro!
1) I'm very happy with my car. No issues at all. Great power! Only difference is I have the 6 manual. I like rowing my own gears.
2) I highly recommend you get the magnetic ride control. Totally worth the cost.
3) The stock seat is very adequate for me. I'm 6 ft. I don't race it. I just drive and enjoy it. I don't see a need for recaro seats if you aren't involved in competition. I've been on some longer trips and the stock seats are very comfortable.( leather of course)
4) LT1 is going to be a major uprade that you are going to love over the V6. I get 27 to 28 mpg with mine.
Good luck to you and hope you enjoy your new car!
Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:49 PM   #5
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb54 View Post
Hi: I think you would be very impressed with the 2020 SS Camaro!
1) I'm very happy with my car. No issues at all. Great power! Only difference is I have the 6 manual. I like rowing my own gears.
2) I highly recommend you get the magnetic ride control. Totally worth the cost.
3) The stock seat is very adequate for me. I'm 6 ft. I don't race it. I just drive and enjoy it. I don't see a need for recaro seats if you aren't involved in competition. I've been on some longer trips and the stock seats are very comfortable.( leather of course)
4) LT1 is going to be a major uprade that you are going to love over the V6. I get 27 to 28 mpg with mine.
Good luck to you and hope you enjoy your new car!
I think the OP is talking about the LT1 Camaro model I think. It has most of the good SS Stuff, but more affordable.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:54 PM   #6
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
If its going to be a drag car, get the 10 speed auto. With tires, it is the fastest new naturally aspirated camaro you can buy $ to hp, as long as the tires are sticky enough.

Me, like others above, I went with an M6 LT1, but I got mines zero options for cost reasons.

1: super happy, got a warranteed v8 new camaro under $30K
2: Suspension is firm but tolerable for a sports car. Suspect it will ride much better without the factory run flats
3:Super comfortable, 6'1"
4. I drove a new v6 and it didn't do it for me, honestly the 2.0T felt better but I'm a torque junkie. That being said, a v8 is essential in my opinion in any camaro. I understand the v8 probably wouldn't even exist if not for the abundance of v6s and I4s, but I'd never own a camaro without a v8.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:40 PM   #7
hfur
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Chevy camaro
left?

i didnt think there was any left in the nation with those color and options...but hey seek and you can find....They run great...great combo if you can get it...
hfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:34 PM   #8
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
If its going to be a drag car, get the 10 speed auto. With tires, it is the fastest new naturally aspirated camaro you can buy $ to hp, as long as the tires are sticky enough.

Me, like others above, I went with an M6 LT1, but I got mines zero options for cost reasons.

1: super happy, got a warranteed v8 new camaro under $30K
2: Suspension is firm but tolerable for a sports car. Suspect it will ride much better without the factory run flats
3:Super comfortable, 6'1"
4. I drove a new v6 and it didn't do it for me, honestly the 2.0T felt better but I'm a torque junkie. That being said, a v8 is essential in my opinion in any camaro. I understand the v8 probably wouldn't even exist if not for the abundance of v6s and I4s, but I'd never own a camaro without a v8.
Congrats on your purchase! you bought the best perfomance car deal on the planet!

Save the Manuals

My M6 LT1 runs 12.1 with just tires and a Rotofab. I run head to head with my friends 2020 A10 Mustang GT base also with tires and a CAI. So don't write off the lightest M6 Camaro Draggy just yet.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:37 PM   #9
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Get the Recaros, you won't be disappointed.

As others have said, the suspension is firm. You know you're in a sports cars. It isn't so firm to rattle the fillings out of your teeth.

The car is a blast. Average 20.x miles/gal. The worst thing about the car is having to keep the gas pedal from hitting the floor mat.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:25 PM   #10
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Hey everybody,

Thanks everyone
Think of your car with 120 more hp. That's what you're looking at. Personally I'd be all over it just for the color.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:00 AM   #11
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Hey everybody,

Thanks everyone
I’m 6”3” and work out so I keep the weight down I’ve got the standard seats in my 2SS and driven one with the Recaros, I think you would be fine with either one but as others have said top chose would be the Recaros.

Overall you will really enjoy the GEN6 with the LT1. I had a C5 Corvette and GEN5 2SS and never could sell my Corvette because I couldn’t give up the performance the Corvette had over the Camaro. That’s not the case with the GEN6 Camaro. Plus at 57 the Camaro is a little easier to jump in and out of..LOL.

Keep us posted on your buy and good luck.

Old 09-27-2020, 08:01 AM   #12
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
I am 6'5" and the 21' SS I just got (standard SS seats) has so much room for me. Literally, 3 inches or so above my head. More than my 2018 Camry, its crazy. Note, no sunroof though which helps give more headroom. SS I test drove with a sunroof was tighter overhead for sure.

Plenty of legroom, actually have my seat a hair forward to have a better position behind the wheel.

So don't worry about room in the LT1!
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:09 AM   #13
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Love it, it is my daily driver And I have no complaints at all with the comfort. I'm 6'1" and 190 if that helps you any.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:04 PM   #14
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
I had a 17 V6 manual that I traded for the LT1 manual (in rally green). The power and sound of the LT1 is worth it. I'm 6'1" and have plenty of room. I find the standard seats pretty comfy. NPP dual mode exhaust is a must have option IMO. I have the standard radio and it's just OK - doesn't sound very good but does support CarPlay and Android Auto. The suspension is very smooth and I find it rides better than my old V6 car. My biggest gripe is the small awkward trunk opening.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote