Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-06-2021, 12:53 PM   #1
ReVeNanTSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary EU
Question I give up already... 6L80 make my month horrible..

HI, guys. Short story what was the problem with my car. I get my SS 45th edition 6 month ago. Everything was OK when I buy it except transmission. It feels harsh on gear changes (1-2, 3-4 and very bad on downshifts). I changed tranny filter and oil (put Amsoil). Nothing changed. After month driving like that I prefer go to tranny shop to fully fix problems. Tranny shop teared tranny and told e that I have problems with burned 2 clutch and TCM. I ordered TCM techm and 2 clutches. Installed all internal parts. It is not fixed 100 percent but for 90 percent. Then I installed ******* Custom Tune. After driving hard month under the tune now car feels like before! All problems was back! I talk to ******* tune. He sent me new custom tune with Tranny Torque Management Enabled. Nothing changed. Now I don't know what to do. Shop telling me all internals in good shape. I am thinking maybe problem on Valve body? It has upper and lower sides. Do I need order them and change also?
ReVeNanTSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:57 PM   #2
Rem0v3r

Drives: 2013 ss2 vert l99
You should never have disabled tqmgmt.. its there to save your trans...
Its possible you burned it up again..

The trans polls the ecu to see how hard to shift based on driving habits... if your tune is off then your trans will be off too...

Try a trans reset and drive soft for a while and see if it behaves...
Rem0v3r is offline   Reply With Quote