Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 03-04-2021, 12:47 AM   #1
michaell

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Post LFX 115K Maintenance?

Hey,

I'm currently living overseas and have to do my own maintenance on my car and have done so far standard oil changes, transmission fluid change, differential fluid change and spark plugs. I bought the car at 100k and have put on nearly 15k in a year, (I do a lot of travelling to other countries) I was wondering what else I should be doing as preventative engine maintenance?

I just ordered an oil catch can and clean side separator to helpfully prevent some future headaches and will be installing that once it comes in. Any help would much appreciated! Thank you

2014 Camaro 2LT RS LFX
K&N CAI
JacFab Extendolator & Laminator FX
Universal Oil Catch can with clean side separator

Hoping to do more mods soon!
michaell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:13 PM   #2
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
You have a Maintenance Schedule handy? I just use that and perform the services slightly ahead of schedule.

Online owner's manual:
https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam...aro_owners.pdf
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:12 PM   #3
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Walnut blast the upper intake and then put the catch cans on.

Have you done any coolant service? I like to get my coolant flushed around the 4 year mark. How's your belt looking?

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:27 PM   #4
michaell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderJ View Post
You have a Maintenance Schedule handy? I just use that and perform the services slightly ahead of schedule.

Online owner's manual:
https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam...aro_owners.pdf
I’ve been following that when I first got my vehicle but haven’t recently look so I’ll check that out again thank you!
K&N CAI

Old 03-04-2021, 11:32 PM   #5
michaell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
Walnut blast the upper intake and then put the catch cans on.

Have you done any coolant service? I like to get my coolant flushed around the 4 year mark. How's your belt looking?
I really want to have the intake walnut blasted but idk any places in Germany that offer that kind of service. I ‘m about to put the catch can on in a few weeks, feel like it’s better to put it on late then never lol. I haven’t thought about coolant flush but I don’t have overheating problems currently but I’ll read up on that on the forums. I did check my belts yesterday, I’m no mechanic so I just pushed on them and they are still tight and don’t see any fraying or damage otherwise..?

Thank ya’ll for the replies!
K&N CAI

Old 03-05-2021, 08:44 AM   #6
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
There's a petcock at the bottom of the radiator, you just open that, drain it out. Fill with water, run the car and heater for 15-20 minutes. Wait for it to cool off, drain again.

Repeat as needed depending on how dirty the water comes out. Then fill it with the correct 50/50 mix of ACDelco coolant.

For the belt, yes. Just check for damage. I like to check for cracking on the ribbed side besides just play and fraying.

I'm surprised you can't find a walnut blasting place in Germany. Isn't it routine maintenance on a lot of German cars? Especially BMW? Maybe you can talk to a service manager at a BMW dealer and see if they can recommend a shop?

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote