Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 04-25-2021, 08:33 PM   #1
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Tick clutch master cylinder and remote bleeder install review and question

Installed tick master cylinder and remote bleeder this weekend. All in all easy installs once I had the right tools. That means get a inspection camera for the remote bleeder install.

Quality products, remote bleeder came with no instructions so with out the thread on here I would have been F’d. Seriously though, get an inspection camera or don’t bother.

Took forever for me to bleed the master cylinder, mostly because my technique was all wrong. Once I got that figured out the instructions were right on.

So, now my clutch travel is like 4 inches total. The three inches of wasted push at the top and the four inches of wasted push at the bottom are gone. Basically, when I start to push the clutch is engaged to the full push which only like four inches. I adjusted several times to get it to shift into first, and it all works. It will take some getting used to I guess.

Question, is this proper? I drove it around the block, the pedal is firm, shifted nicely. Just really short pedal now.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 07:39 AM   #2
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
The pedal travel sounds similar to what mine did after install. There is more fluid flow per inch of travel so it does not need to travel as far.

I hope you have better luck than mine did. It barely made it a year and toward the end i was adjusting it weekly. Mine was one of the pre order 1st generation models. They did not respond when i asked for details.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:44 AM   #3
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

I got a little ahead of myself. I still have air in the line. Drove to work this morning and my leg is shaky from the force I exerted to push the clutch. Talked to my transmission guy and he laughed at me, says I still have lots of air in there.

So I still don’t know what the new master cylinder is like.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:28 PM   #4
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

So did another round of bleeding and now the clutch is far more normal feeling. Really have to be patient with the bleeding process.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:39 PM   #5
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drove around town a lot of stop and start. Pedal is stiff, harder than stock.

Anyone use a ligenfelter spring? Does that soften the pedal up a bit?
Old 04-27-2021, 08:04 PM   #6
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
if I remember correctly, the lingenfelter spring is to help return the pedal and alleviate the "clutch pedal stuck on floor" issue
Old 04-27-2021, 08:51 PM   #7
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Blinder View Post
if I remember correctly, the lingenfelter spring is to help return the pedal and alleviate the "clutch pedal stuck on floor" issue
Your right I did some searching around on threads and that is exactly what it’s for.

I just need to get used to it.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:15 AM   #8
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
Monster clutch instructions suggest removing the stock spring at the top of the clutch pedal. Was easy to pop off.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:08 AM   #9
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_g View Post
Monster clutch instructions suggest removing the stock spring at the top of the clutch pedal. Was easy to pop off.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Are there two springs on the pedal? After installing the master cylinder I am intimately aware of the spring midway up the pedal.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:36 AM   #10
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
Are there two springs on the pedal? After installing the master cylinder I am intimately aware of the spring midway up the pedal.
The only one I know attached on either side of the pivot point.
830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:05 PM   #11
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_g View Post
The only one I know attached on either side of the pivot point.
That the one I know about too. It seems that it aides in pushing the clutch in. I am going to try it without the spring and see how that feels.