Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery > Camaro Photoshops / Renderings Forum

Old 01-07-2010, 04:32 AM   #1
Amouro

Drives: pontiac sunfire
Red face '69/'10 concept

I love the new Camaros. I was sad to see it go back in 02 and I'm so glad it's back. It's gorgeous, no doubt. But I was thinking that If I had designed it, I'd probably make it look a bit more retro. Kind of like what Ford has done with the mustang. It has obvious influences from the first gen cars. But to me it has an overall similarity to the 3rd Generation. Not a bad thing, but not my personal favorite.

I have some limited knowledge and skill with 3D Studio Max so I decided to see if I could realize my vision. The main thing I wanted to change was the front end to more closely match the first gen look. The rear was less crucial for me but I figured I should continue with the theme I started. The roof-line and the sides are heavily based on the 2010 model. I did however move the body-line up to the top of the wheel arches mimicking the line of the '69.

So here it is. I hope someone appreciates it.

My modeling skills aren't the best but I'm pretty comfortable working with 3Ds Max. My weakest point in this process is definitely rendering.

I'm currently pondering the possibility of redoing the front and rear fascias and making a Firebird out of it.
Amouro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:37 AM   #2
venice17517

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Don't like the front end doesn't look the old Camaro. I do like what you did to the rear.
venice17517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
pretty cool, but I like the factory 2010 better.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
YUK
Old 01-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Love it from the back and the sides, but the front does not do it for me.

I am with you though on your basic premise.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
Welcome to the site!

Looks good man, the front end doesn't do it for me, but i sorta like the rest of it
Keep it up, and stick around; most people don't appreciate the amount of work and the hours that go into doing a render in 3DS Max.
How long did it take you to render these?
Old 01-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #7
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I've played with gmax, you're being modest... Very nice!

Larger headlights and change the grill to constant height rather than larger in the center possibly. The rest looks great!

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 01-07-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
Amouro

thanks for the comments and suggestions. I don't think I'm gonna go changing it now. Too much work. And besides I got it too look the way I wanted, that was the most important thing to me.

I do understand the feeling that the front doesn't really look like a first gen car but that was the point. I wanted it too look like a modern car with hints of the old front end. I was working off blueprints of a 2010 and a 69 laid on top of each other. For the most part i stuck to the lines of the '10. when i got to the front end I had to kinda make it up as I went along. I felt like if I just followed the 69 bluprint for the front that it, A. look weird straped on to the rest of this otherwise new looking car. And/or B. just look like an old Camaro from the front and not something new and special. Maybe I'm wrong though. It might look okay if it was less angled and more square. Oh well, i don't really feel like redoing it now.

anyway, Moto, thanks for the words of encouragement. it took me about 2/3 weeks to do the modeling. I'd work on it for a few hours a day. Much of that time was spent just sort of staring at it wondering what to do next. :P This was back in October so I forget exactly, but I think it took about 30 minutes for each render. they're pretty high resolution. I wanted some desktop backgrounds out of it, so i made them pretty big and high quality. I used a really basic setup with an HDRI image mapped to a sky dome for lighting and reflective information. And then i did some simple processing in photoshop.

my new project is a modernized chevelle. I might end up scrapping it, because i'm not really all that pleased with it so far. but I might be able to save it. It's got this monte carlo/caprice thing going on. wich isn't all that bad, but not really what i wanted.

and yeah the wheels are recycled from the camaro. just for mock up purposes though.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
Andrew MacTavish

Drives: 71 Cutlass S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amouro View Post
thanks for the comments and suggestions. I don't think I'm gonna go changing it now. Too much work. And besides I got it too look the way I wanted, that was the most important thing to me.

I do understand the feeling that the front doesn't really look like a first gen car but that was the point. I wanted it too look like a modern car with hints of the old front end. I was working off blueprints of a 2010 and a 69 laid on top of each other. For the most part i stuck to the lines of the '10. when i got to the front end I had to kinda make it up as I went along. I felt like if I just followed the 69 bluprint for the front that it, A. look weird straped on to the rest of this otherwise new looking car. And/or B. just look like an old Camaro from the front and not something new and special. Maybe I'm wrong though. It might look okay if it was less angled and more square. Oh well, i don't really feel like redoing it now.

anyway, Moto, thanks for the words of encouragement. it took me about 2/3 weeks to do the modeling. I'd work on it for a few hours a day. Much of that time was spent just sort of staring at it wondering what to do next. :P This was back in October so I forget exactly, but I think it took about 30 minutes for each render. they're pretty high resolution. I wanted some desktop backgrounds out of it, so i made them pretty big and high quality. I used a really basic setup with an HDRI image mapped to a sky dome for lighting and reflective information. And then i did some simple processing in photoshop.

my new project is a modernized chevelle. I might end up scrapping it, because i'm not really all that pleased with it so far. but I might be able to save it. It's got this monte carlo/caprice thing going on. wich isn't all that bad, but not really what i wanted.

and yeah the wheels are recycled from the camaro. just for mock up purposes though.
I think it looks good! The front (of the top images) is the only part that needs tweaking, & I was wondering what program you used. Im going to have to check it out!
Also, I could see the 68/69 Chevelle in this design instantly! Good start.
Andrew MacTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
BA-Jackpot

Drives: 2 SS Camaro white/ Orange stripes
I would by it, (the one on top)
The gold one is just butt ugly.
BA-Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #11
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
Very nice...I like it.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #12
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Good job on the Camaro !
Old 01-08-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
Amouro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew MacTavish View Post
I think it looks good! The front (of the top images) is the only part that needs tweaking, & I was wondering what program you used. Im going to have to check it out!
Also, I could see the 68/69 Chevelle in this design instantly! Good start.
I used a program called 3D Studio Max. it's a professional 3d package used for many films, video games and other projects.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #14
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
rear should go on the 6th gen!!
It's probably going to get a little smaller so it'll be in proportion too!
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote