Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-04-2021, 04:40 PM   #1
Jakezed22

Drives: 2014 2SS Camaro
Manual to Auto swap, yes to an auto lol

Hey ive read about alll i can find on going from a manual TO an automatic. but it seems that the key peice of info im looking for is often left out or not posted.

My question lyes with BCM programming. Does it need a BCM from an auto or programmed for an auto?

My driveline is a LML duramax followed by a 6l90e, the 6l90e is running a t43 from a 2015 van. Im wired up and not getting the starter relay activated by the ECM. Can bus signals are the same across the platforms of these years so i dont think its that, i just need to confirm if the BCM needs programmed to an AUTO file for it to see the PRND selction and send the crank request to the ECM.

My car is a factory 2014 SS with manual.

Thanks, Jake
Jakezed22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:59 AM   #2
67-LS1

Drives: 1966 Chevelle
I don’t have an answer other than to say when I swapped my engine/trans into my 66 I didn’t even include the BCM. I just run the ECM.
And nothing LOL about swapping a manual to an auto. I love a manual trans but with today’s traffic an auto for a daily driver is the way to go (for me anyway).
Old 10-04-2021, 11:25 AM   #3
cawengr

Drives: Classy
You probably need the BCM re-programmed. The one thing that can stop the starter from engaging is the clutch depressed signal which you now don't have. If you jumper the clutch switch you will probably lose any cruise control as the cruise de-energizes when the clutch is depressed
cawengr is offline   Reply With Quote