Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-15-2022, 10:42 AM   #1
L6611983

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Obd 2 AFM disabler

I need everyone's input what Range AFM disabler actually works? I plan I purchasing one right away and doing the DoD delete is not an option for me at the moment since I live in California.
L6611983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 11:46 AM   #2
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L6611983 View Post
I need everyone's input what Range AFM disabler actually works? I plan I purchasing one right away and doing the DoD delete is not an option for me at the moment since I live in California.
Here’s my real world experience. Now granted, I bought a used Range off this site for what was probably an older model Camaro. Not sure if that made a difference or not. But...the Range randomly threw codes. One of the last ones took out the electronic power steering. I deemed that a serious safety risk especially if the wife was driving the car.

You do have a tune option in CA. Or anywhere. That is the safest and most trouble free way of deleting AFM. I have it on good authority what can be done at smog test time but given the ever tightening grip of big brother on performance mods, I don’t want to be the one who says what the procedure is here. Tuners get wiggy about too much information getting talked about on the forum.

If you want to PM me, I’ll explain.

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 01-15-2022 at 11:57 AM.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:19 PM   #3
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I had a Range AFM disabler before it got tuned and had zero issues.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 01:09 PM   #4
whitehorse

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS
I have used on on my 2010 SS for probably close to 10 years. Maybe threw codes 2 or 3 times and that was right when I started it up. Not sure about the newer Range models if there is, but mine will slowly drain the battery in like a week or so if I don't drive it. I solved that by buying a switch that plugs into the OBD port and the Range. Just flip the switch on before I start and off when I shut the car off. I'm glad I have mine, it works as advertised for me.
whitehorse is offline   Reply With Quote