Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 01-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Caravan invite

A lot of you may have noticed you got a PM inviting you to join the large Caravan that comes down the I-75 corridor. It joins up with a group coming from the north west (South Dakota) and a group coming from the west (Kansas/OKC)

I went off the list that was compiled with attendees by state. Many did not have a state listed so I left you off. I also left off Alabama/Texas/Loiusiana/Mississippi folks as you will likely take the southern pass and the East Coast/New England states were left off as well. If you live in the listed states and can hook up with the group or if you didn't get an invite and are within the routes, check the link below and then PM me and I will get you on the list. Here is a copy of the PM sent and a link to the rally thread.

THANKS!

You are cordially invited to travel along with our caravan into Valdosta, Georgia for the 2010 Camaro5 Fest. This caravan has several routes converging around this great nation.

The major routes are as follows: (all departing Thursday, April 15)
Detroit MI – Beaverdam - Cincinnati – Knoxville (overnight) – Chattanooga – Atlanta – Valdosta
Rapid City SD – Sioux Falls – Topeka – Nashville – Chattanooga (overnight)
Wichita KS - OKC – Little Rock – Memphis – Birmingham (overnight) – Atlanta

The major meeting points* are as follows:
Cincinnati, Ohio – Rest area on I-75 southbound just over the Ohio-Kentucky border, 15 miles south of Cincinnati
Knoxville, Tennessee – hotel TBD (overnight stop for the Michigan group)
Chattanooga, Tennessee – Georgia Welcome Center, just over the TN/GA line (Michigan group joins South Dakota group)
Atlanta, Georgia – Summit Racing Retail store just south of Atlanta. (MI/SD groups join with Kansas group)
*These are the main stops along the I-75 corridor. Other groups will have other stops along their route.

You have been selected because your indicated geographic location shows that you are within one of the routes we will be taking. Please check the following link for more information on the individual routes and stops along the way. If the travel times and routes are convenient to you, we would love to have you join us. Everyone is welcome, Camaros, Challengers and Mustangs alike!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53693

Please PM myself for whatever route you will be hooking up with and I will add you to the list. If you are going to be hooking up with the Michigan group and staying over in Knoxville, I will need to know this information as well. A hotel has not been selected yet but I will need a count of the number of rooms required. I am going to try to get a good deal since it looks like there will be several rooms needed.

DISCLAIMER:
Key to the success of such a large caravan is making sure we stay on time. Times and meeting points are being determined for all routes and locations. It is imperative that we maintain the time frames indicated. The times will be set to allow a limited amount of time for groups to meet up and move out. When you select a meeting point, be there BEFORE the specified meeting time. Groups will need to depart the meeting locations at the specified times as to not be late to the next stop. The groups will be in contact with each other to update on progress along the way. Individual drivers may want to have contact information of the other members of the group they are in.

Hope you can make it, this is sure to be something to remember!

Last edited by IROCanSS; 01-12-2010 at 10:58 AM.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Jr. I Will be at the Summit Racing meet point on that Friday 10.45 AM. I am planning on hitting the "Shoe-Shopping" even the night before in ATL with Junkie....LOL

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Jr. I Will be at the Summit Racing meet point on that Friday 10.45 AM. I am planning on hitting the "Shoe-Shopping" even the night before in ATL with Junkie....LOL
You're on the list!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
soooo exciting
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #5
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
soooo exciting
as of now, check the list... its up to about 45 cars rolling into Valdosta!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #6
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
as of now, check the list... its up to about 45 cars rolling into Valdosta!
Will the highway have enough room? LOL.....the cops are gonna dig us.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Will the highway have enough room? LOL.....the cops are gonna dig us.
There will actually be more than one within our group I am sure! They can lead the way.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #8
Greyfox

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2LT RS
I will be at the Summit Racing Store @ 10:30AM!!
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote