Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-02-2023, 01:19 PM   #1
Gavin15644

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
O2 sensor issue

After installing headers on my 2015 camaro ss, the connector wire had melted up against the headers. The connector wire was replaced along with the O2 sensors and my tuner still says that that bank 1, the side that had melted is showing numbers way out of wack causing the fuel trims to be all over the place but bank 2 is performing correctly. Both sides have 15v of power and continuity is good. The next step is to have my ecu reset or a new ecu? Anything I could be missing or……
Gavin15644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 06:47 PM   #2
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
How much wire was replaced? The harness that houses the O2 sensor on the driver side shares wires with the injectors and coils. Could be a number of things.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 02:00 PM   #3
Gavin15644

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
The only wire that had melted was the O2 connector cable which had then blew a fuse, it was replaced along with the fuse. The only wires of worry are what had melted and stuck to the headers. The wires still have good continuity which is why I’d think that something had fried in the ecu, maybe sending 12v of power up into the ecu where the it would read the very low voltages when the O2 sensor is functioning.
Gavin15644 is offline   Reply With Quote